What was the announced attendance yesterday?

Cane_Mutiny

Redshirt Freshman
Haven't seen it anywhere. I'd guess announced was about 45,000. Actual butts in seats was obviously far less. It was pretty lifeless in there, but not totally awful considering it was a noon kickoff against an FCS team. Definitely better than in years past.

Advertisement
I remember the offended poster who was so proud about remaining in Miami because he had a "good life" there after I thanked him for staying in Miami. Seems like most fans of The U don't really live there or the ones that do don't bother to attend a game because it's too hot, might rain, or the opponent is supposedly weak. Perhaps my offended fellow poster should check the attendance at a place like Tennessee when they open against anyone at all, even the little sisters of the poor?

I wonder if my offended opponent bothered to show up for the Canes first game against our in-state opponent from Daytona or if he was enjoying his good life parked on one of South Florida's fine roadways? I wonder if BC fans outnumbered ours?

I remember the offended poster who was so proud about remaining in Miami because he had a "good life" there after I thanked him for staying in Miami. Seems like most fans of The U don't really live there or the ones that do don't bother to attend a game because it's too hot, might rain, or the opponent is supposedly weak. Perhaps my offended fellow poster should check the attendance at a place like Tennessee when they open against anyone at all, even the little sisters of the poor?

I wonder if my offended opponent bothered to show up for the Canes first game against our in-state opponent from Daytona or if he was enjoying his good life parked on one of South Florida's fine roadways? I wonder if BC fans outnumbered ours?

Bro.... I asked a simple question

Crowd looked ok for a Bethune game of course in the first 2 quarters on tv but it looked like a lot of people left late 3rd quarter too. A lot of people probably made plans to stay home because it seriously looked like we were going to get several storm delays the way the weather appeared before the game

Last edited:
Advertisement

Bro.... I asked a simple question

Your question lead me to a memory. I didn't know you were limiting replies on a discussion board? I'll try to be more considerate.

Haven't seen it anywhere. I'd guess announced was about 45,000. Actual butts in seats was obviously far less. It was pretty lifeless in there, but not totally awful considering it was a noon kickoff against an FCS team. Definitely better than in years past.

Huh, why does poor attendance get a pass because of "noon kickoff against an FCS team"?
Sounds like a lame reason to me.

Huh, why does poor attendance get a pass because of "noon kickoff against an FCS team"?
Sounds like a lame reason to me.

I wouldn't say it gets a pass, but history tells us that a noon kickoff against Bethune isn't gonna draw a big crowd (look no further than the pathetic turnout for the 2012 game). So I would say that yesterday's attendance was not totally awful, relatively speaking.

Paid attendance was just over 50 k. Butts in seats? Idk

Advertisement
looked like about 8k on TV lol

tenor.gif

Butts in seats? I'd say probably 38k at its fullest. Not being an apologist here either but it also seems like the last couple of years that there have been more live people in the upper deck and more distribution of the crowd across the entire stadium instead of just behind the Canes bench and in the student section.

Butts in seats? I'd say probably 38k at its fullest. Not being an apologist here either but it also seems like the last couple of years that there have been more live people in the upper deck and more distribution of the crowd across the entire stadium instead of just behind the Canes bench and in the student section.

This is very true. One of the things that makes our stadium look emptier is that we have individually sold seats & pretty strong entry control at each section, which means people typically sit in their assigned seats. This is different than most college stadiums which are general admission, and people pack in close to the field. If you watch closely, a lot of these big college stadiums will have the top corners totally empty... Just looks better because obviously the TV angles don't pick up the nosebleeds very often.

Advertisement

This is very true. One of the things that makes our stadium look emptier is that we have individually sold seats & pretty strong entry control at each section, which means people typically sit in their assigned seats. This is different than most college stadiums which are general admission, and people pack in close to the field. If you watch closely, a lot of these big college stadiums will have the top corners totally empty... Just looks better because obviously the TV angles don't pick up the nosebleeds very often.

Exactly. It's run like what it is- an NFL stadium. So everything you said is true in addition to our student body in attendance also almost never being equivalent in size to those stadiums other people reference.

Crowd sucked like usual and no excuse is valid for sucky fans. We drive 200 plus miles and locals stay home. Same old story as it's always been.

There was between 40k-45k. Probably somewhere in the middle.

Advertisement
Announced was 50,454. I don't get the people that say it looked pathetic on TV. Rewatch the highlights. When it was fullest (2nd quarter), it was fine. I'm not happy, it should have been better, but this wasn't 2012 Al Golden vs Bethune. There were 40K+. Again, not great, and we had like 55K+ for FAMU last year in the opener, but, whatever. I'm done worrying about crowds (which is bs, because I've fighting Arky State fans about it, which is dumb since they average like 20K for games).

I was there. 40,000 people is generous. Pathetic.

Announced was 50,454. I don't get the people that say it looked pathetic on TV. Rewatch the highlights. When it was fullest (2nd quarter), it was fine. I'm not happy, it should have been better, but this wasn't 2012 Al Golden vs Bethune. There were 40K+. Again, not great, and we had like 55K+ for FAMU last year in the opener, but, whatever. I'm done worrying about crowds (which is bs, because I've fighting Arky State fans about it, which is dumb since they average like 20K for games).

Thank you for the answer!

And for what it's worth, I'm done worrying about attendance, too. It's such a stupid thing to be concerned about. On Saturday, I found myself going out of my way to drag 5 or 6 non-football fans to Hard Rock, and I realized it was just causing me to enjoy the whole experience less. I'm done worrying about whether or not anyone else is there and/or enjoying the "game day atmosphere"... Who gives a ****. I'm just going to roll up with my pops and root for the Canes like I have been for 15 years. If other people care, they'll show up too.

Advertisement
Back