What to do w/Tate?

What do you want to see us do with Tate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BWCD

Junior
We've seen on tape how dynamic Tate can be as a runner. He seems to be a good athlete, and has won numerous awards in the weight room since he's arrived on campus. Contrary to how he's viewed in the media, he seems to be a competitor and wants to play and win no matter what.

So...here's a poll. What do you want to see us do with Tate?

You can select up to two options.

Advertisement
I want Tate to be 100% focused on becoming the best QB he can possibly be. If Jarren gets injured it is quite likely Tate under center, and he needs to be ready for that. Taking his focus off practicing his craft as a QB (unless you think Perry is the clear #2) is absolutely foolish right now.

Advertisement
Just because Jarren won the competition this summer don't mean we won't see the other QB's.

Last year we played both N'Kosi and Rosier starting different games

Happy that Jarren won but until I see him dominate against the gator I'm not ready to dismiss the other two just yet. If Jarren ***** the bed we may have to put in Kosi or Tate.

Good to have options

Poll is ridiculous because the same people cheering JW15 will be the same ones calling for his head if he struggles in a game.

I definitely think they should have a package for the back up to get in at least once a game in most/ not all games. With this OLine we very well may need all three QBs at one time or another this season.

Advertisement
If you're Tate, keep competing. There's no point in transferring now since the odds of him playing this year at another school are very low. He would do better to stay here for the year, and continue to compete for the starting job as if nothing has changed. It's a long season and guys get hurt or maybe Jarren doesn't play as well as we all hope he does. As soon as either of those happen, Tate's the next guy up.

Tate needs to practice and prepare like he’s a starter. He’s one snap away from seeing the field. Given our OL isn’t yet a strength, I hope he realizes that.

I have nothing against Tate. Mentally, he seems there. He appears to be a hard-worker. I actually think with enough reps, he could be a solid QB. He seems to be better in shotgun, ala Brock Berlin-ish, and if that’s the case, then so be it.

I think he’ll finish the year at Miami and then leave. I think Nkosi will leave also, timing tbd.

Just because Jarren won the competition this summer don't mean we won't see the other QB's.

Last year we played both N'Kosi and Rosier starting different games

Happy that Jarren won but until I see him dominate against the gator I'm not ready to dismiss the other two just yet. If Jarren ***** the bed we may have to put in Kosi or Tate.

Good to have options
This. JW was named QB1 for STARTING the Florida game, that's it, unless I'm mistaken?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What?!? I'm just stating a fact, bud. He wasn't named the starter for the UF game only.
Okay, that's fine. What I meant was that Diaz was quoted saying that the competition will continue and also continue to see who is the backup QB as well. Also what I was implying is that we don't know if we have another pull Rosier for Perry type games coming soon or not.

Advertisement
Back