What sort of SEC bullsh!t is this anyway?

The playoffs should just consist of the top 4 sec teams while the rest of is fight for other bowls

Advertisement
Last week, in the USA Today/Coaches poll, Auburn was ranked 7th and LSU 12th.

After playing each other, LSU won and is now 6th, and Auburn only dropped to 11th... so in effect, they played each other, swapped spots, and MOVED UP.

Of course, that win by LSU makes Miami’s only loss look better, so we moved up a bunch of spots by playing at a tough out of conference opponent and... Right, I meant we moved up one spot.

What the ****?

Too many people crying about something that doesnt matter. If Miami wins out we in the playoff....if not who the fvck cares if we are ranked 15th or 20th. Miami got their a$$ whooped. Auburn lost on last play of the game

Too early in the season to be talking about the polls. We had our shot vs LSU and didn't take advantage of it. IF we win out we'll be a Top 10 team going into the ACC championship. We win that and we'll slide into the Final 4.

GO CANES!!!

I don't think we're a top 15 team... We have some good players but we are not solid at the qb position and dline

Advertisement
The SEC is strong this year. At least the west. The east is trash other then Georgia. Criminally overrated is MSU though.

You know what would’ve helped the sec bias? Not getting our **** pushed in on national tv in front of the whole country.

THIS. all this SEC bias talk needs to shut the **** up now. We lost to a QB who never played before, couldnt complete a ball to save his life, and a coach who doesnt speak english. Our ranking is the product of sucking a golfball through a garden hose on national TV.

Advertisement
We need to take care of our own business and get our own house in order BEFORE we start worrying about who is ranked where.

The SEC dominated all the big non-conference match ups. PAC 12 and ACC had statement games, and blew it.

The #1 PAC12 team UW had a chance against the preseason #3 team in the SEC and lost.
The #2 ACC team was down 33-3 against the preseason #5 team in the SEC
MissSt won 31-10 at KSU
Mizzou won 30-27 at Purdue
Bama won 51-14 over Lville
Ole Miss 47-27 over TTU

Here are their losses.....
The #1 ACC Clemson needed to survive a 2-point conversion to beat an unranked #7 team in the SEC
Tenn to #12 WVU 40-14
Vandy at #8 Notre Dame 22-17
Arkansas is a mess.....and the only team with bad losses.

You can't whine about bias when your conferences top teams are either getting blasted or struggling to sneak by their mid level teams.....

2 Years ago, the ACC was the best conference in football.....but this year so far, the SEC is light years ahead of every other conference.

I don't care bout nothing except this U.

We blew it last year ranked #2 vs Pitt.
We blew it this year ranked #8 vs a barely ranked LSU.

If I were to give a **** I wouldnt disagree with the rankings.

Advertisement
The schedule, because it’s so weak, sets up,so that the Canes can actually improve - even incrementally - and still win 9 more games. Will every game be a nail-biter until the changes are made? I think so, but the schedule couldn’t set up any better for a team needing to make these changes week-to-week.

I think Miami will meet Clemson at 11-1, but to do this a lot of the changes would have to be made. And, an 11-1 Miami (that has made those changes) can beat Clemson.

Man, I wish I saw this season going down that way now. Since we SHOULD beat F$U, even more than last year, I'm looking around for the Rosier Pittsburgh moment...and not sure L$U counts for the worst this year.

Then to see our vaunted defense give up 4 consecutive scoring drives against Toledo. Hmmmmm

This. Lol I can’t believe how many people on CIS are crying about rankings right now.

News flash - our qb is one if the most inconsistent in the P5, our o-line is probably in the bottom 25%, our play calling is predictable, and our defense can’t hide a blitz or maintain gap integrity. We make all qbs we have faced the last 7 or 8 games look like heisman candidates. Let me not even mention special teams.

We should take care of our own problems before asking to be ranked higher. The U is not a good football team right now . Anyone without blinders on can see it
I agree. Too many here expect us all to be homers and not realistic

Advertisement
How about we handle our own business? The reason we dropped so much by comparison is we were clearly overrated being inside the top 10. The product we put on national TV was ****. Similarly. As much as we want a ***** about the SEC, did you see the crap put on by other conferences so far this year? How can we discuss FSU being a clown show and then get ****ed people don't respect the ACC?
SEC is legit. Texas A&M gave Clemson all they wanted. And clemson will probably be undefeated in ACC and Texas A&M will finish 4th in their division.

With the bag game the way it is the SEC is just a **** of a lot better than other conferences. I'm gonna puke now. But it is what it is

We don't have a bad team but we don't have a great one either.but I do like where this team is at compared to 2015 -2016.we are still having to depend on too many true freshmen .until we get to the point where we don't have to do that this team will start being great again.

Auburn played Washington virtually at home and squirted by. Play that game anywhere else and Auburn has 2 losses already.

A@M gets clocked by Clemson if game isn’t at Kyle Field. It was only close due to a ricochet pass at the last minute. Clemson had many chances to run them out of their own stadium throughout the game.

Bama and UGA haven’t played anyone yet.

The only team so far that has done squat is LSU. And they’re not even that good, we couldn’t get out of our own way against them. Take away Feagles 2-3 shanks and we win that one. Yeah they beat Auburn on the road but got a lot of questionable PI penalties on last drive and read my original sentence about Auburn.

The mid-tier teams in their conference have performed ok but Arkansas has cancelled all of that out with their games.

I think that’s why folks are upset about the SEC.

A@M gets clocked by Clemson if game isn’t at Kyle Field. It was only close due to a ricochet pass at the last minute. Clemson had many chances to run them out of their own stadium throughout the game.

You have to play the lucky play both ways not only when it is convenient to your argument....the fumble over the pylon instead of going out at the 1 was a huge break for Clemson.....so you can say the game was exactly where it was supposed to be score and closeness wise.

Simple question......You think Bama is going to need to survive a 2-point conversion in the last minute against the #6/7 team from any other conference on the road?

You think the #6/7 teams from any other conference are going to be able put a scare into any other top dog from another conference?

Advertisement
Back