What sort of SEC bullsh!t is this anyway?

futurecane

Redshirt Freshman
Last week, in the USA Today/Coaches poll, Auburn was ranked 7th and LSU 12th.

After playing each other, LSU won and is now 6th, and Auburn only dropped to 11th... so in effect, they played each other, swapped spots, and MOVED UP.

Of course, that win by LSU makes Miami’s only loss look better, so we moved up a bunch of spots by playing at a tough out of conference opponent and... Right, I meant we moved up one spot.

What the ****?

Advertisement
I don't think Auburn needed to drop a whole lot. They lost on the last play of the game. The two were evenly matched, so IMO, that's a pretty big drop for Auburn.

Advertisement
Last week, in the USA Today/Coaches poll, Auburn was ranked 7th and LSU 12th.

After playing each other, LSU won and is now 6th, and Auburn only dropped to 11th... so in effect, they played each other, swapped spots, and MOVED UP.

Of course, that win by LSU makes Miami’s only loss look better, so we moved up a bunch of spots by playing at a tough out of conference opponent and... Right, I meant we moved up one spot.

What the ****?

What. Miami loss? A loss to a sec team is like a win. That seems to be the rule.

You know what would’ve helped the sec bias? Not getting our **** pushed in on national tv in front of the whole country.

Sad to say, but we are not good enough to compete with the top SEC (Baga, Jawga, Awwborn) ... yet.

You know what would’ve helped the sec bias? Not getting our **** pushed in on national tv in front of the whole country.

This. Lol I can’t believe how many people on CIS are crying about rankings right now.

News flash - our qb is one if the most inconsistent in the P5, our o-line is probably in the bottom 25%, our play calling is predictable, and our defense can’t hide a blitz or maintain gap integrity. We make all qbs we have faced the last 7 or 8 games look like heisman candidates. Let me not even mention special teams.

We should take care of our own problems before asking to be ranked higher. The U is not a good football team right now . Anyone without blinders on can see it

Advertisement
If other teams across the country decided to treat their programs the way SEC teams do, we wouldnt have this problem.

Until the rules are changed, this will continue. Michigan, ND, USC, UCLA, PSU, Miami, Texas, are all teams that still attempt to run their programs like they are amateur student leagues.

we will play Clemson at 11-1.. If we can find a way to win we have a chance to play LSU again
I get you enthusiasm, but this ship ain’t going 10-1. Every game is a coin toss, and you know about coin tosses...but like you, I’ll hold my breath a bit.

Advertisement
Auburn lost a close game...we were down 33-3 before scoring 2 tds in garbage time.. end of story.

I am a Cane homer as much as anyone. However, this team needs to grow by leaps and bounds in order to finish 11-1.

1. OL needs to open running lanes and pass protect (they did a better job this week)
2. More consistent QB play - be it Rosier or one of the young guys
3. Defense for 4 quarters - reduce the big plays (hide your blitzes better Diaz)
4. Special teams - Feagles and Bubba need to up there games

If the Canes don't improve in these areas over the season, 8-4 or worse is likely.

Are you kidding? We got obliterated by LSU and Auburn only lost by a last second FG. Do you really think they should have dropped that far?

Advertisement
I struggle with ND being at #7. They beat a so so Michigan team, and snuck by Ball State and Vandy almost won yesterday.
ND is not a #7 team. They are a pretender. Struggling with Ball State and Vandy. They will get exposed when they play better teams. I see them at 9-3 and possibly 8-4.

How about we handle our own business? The reason we dropped so much by comparison is we were clearly overrated being inside the top 10. The product we put on national TV was ****. Similarly. As much as we want a ***** about the SEC, did you see the crap put on by other conferences so far this year? How can we discuss FSU being a clown show and then get ****ed people don't respect the ACC?

Advertisement
Back