What some people don't understand about the Canes

And what some of us are fast learning.Is That in year 2 CMR has created the culture of winning.Some people out there are calling the Canes lucky or not deserving etc.Instead of acknowledging the really steadfast resiliency of this team they come off as looking either really jealous or just plain not getting what has been developing since CMR and his coaches
Looked to establish a loyalty to bringing back Canes pride.And the work ethic in practice that pays off in the game.The 2018 recruiting class is a statement in and of itself.But more importantly for now this team has bought into a concept."It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of your 80+ posts, this one is my favorite. I live everyday for your posts.

Advertisement
The only complaint I have about CMR is that he needs to let the players come out with no pants on one of these games!

And what some of us are fast learning.Is That in year 2 CMR has created the culture of winning.Some people out there are calling the Canes lucky or not deserving etc.Instead of acknowledging the really steadfast resiliency of this team they come off as looking either really jealous or just plain not getting what has been developing since CMR and his coaches
Looked to establish a loyalty to bringing back Canes pride.And the work ethic in practice that pays off in the game.The 2018 recruiting class is a statement in and of itself.But more importantly for now this team has bought into a concept."It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

Remember osu in '02 and fsu whenever they won their last NC? Both teams looked about to lose every single week, and people (me included) said they weren't that good and would eventually lose. They didn't, they just kept hanging around until everybody else fell (or was jobbed by the refs). Does anyone really remember that now? No, they just see a trophy.

So it doesn't really matter if we win pretty or ugly, big or small or if anyone appreciates what we're doing. If we go the distance, all they'll say is that we won.

Advertisement
I still think we have a year or two to go to be a legit national contender, but we are winning close games that Golden would have lost. Huge progress

Of your 80+ posts, this one is my favorite. I live everyday for your posts.

I hope your serious.

Of your 80 posts I read, I’m still waiting for a space after a period. Hahaha.

Why don't you offer up a grammar class for all of us iliterates.HaHa

Punctuation and sentence and paragraph structure is very important to being understood correctly and to make life easier for the reader.

That said, I could not agree more with the subject and sentiment of your thread opener. Whether we win out and take down UGA in the national title game, or drop a few tough ones, there is no doubting that CMR has things on the right track and is the right guy to bring the U "back". It's just a matter of getting the talent and depth back to where it needs to be, and that is clearly happening.

We've got a team of winners with the heart of a lion. It's nice to be proud of my team again.

Go Canes!!!!!

Coach has really turned things around so much faster than I though was possible. Being in my mid 20s Shannon and Golden were f*cking it up for more than half of the time I’ve been a cane fan, I hope coach Mark stays for 10+ years

Advertisement
Are Earnest T. Bass and Cane 1060 the same person posting under different accounts? Dudes have had accounts for two weeks and have started 35 different threads combined. Maybe try to post in existing threads.

Are Earnest T. Bass and Cane 1060 the same person posting under different accounts? Dudes have had accounts for two weeks and have started 35 different threads combined. Maybe try to post in existing threads.

Sorry you don't like my threads I do try to add to the conversation and I do often post about things I read and do not see any other threads of a similar nature.And I loved Earnest T Bass other than Barney was the a unique character to be sure.

Remember osu in '02 and fsu whenever they won their last NC? Both teams looked about to lose every single week, and people (me included) said they weren't that good and would eventually lose. They didn't, they just kept hanging around until everybody else fell (or was jobbed by the refs). Does anyone really remember that now? No, they just see a trophy.

So it doesn't really matter if we win pretty or ugly, big or small or if anyone appreciates what we're doing. If we go the distance, all they'll say is that we won.

With all our injuries.To hold a potent unique offense to 7pts in the second half.And a QB so clutch at so crucial a time in the game is remarkable.

Advertisement
"It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.
The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

I don't buy that people don't like it. Sure, rivals don't want to see Miami succeed—but the Canes being on the rise is good for the sport of college football. It can't be Alabama and everybody else. The ascension of a Clemson or Penn State is good. Seeing programs like Miami on the mend creates a good storyline.

There's a reason "The U" documentaries got so much play and praise. People gravitated towards that and learned the story. They're now seeing a new chapter of a familiar story unfolding.

All that said, fully agree regarding the culture of winning. The degree to which Miami turned into a perennial loser has been painful. Started on Coker's watch—once Butch's talent couldn't bail him out. Continued under Randy, who lacked the chops to be a head guy and CEO. Golden was an amateur; his schtick working in Temple and big-fish-in-a-little-pond, but Miami swallowed his *** up whole and he was exposed.

Richt has the pedigree, experience, demeanor and is at a conformable place in his life where he's embracing his own new chapter—back home, with a fresh opp.

Canes finally have their guy. The rest is just bringing back the talent as Miami has a guy who knows how to use it.

Last edited:

Sorry you don't like my threads I do try to add to the conversation and I do often post about things I read and do not see any other threads of a similar nature.And I loved Earnest T Bass other than Barney was the a unique character to be sure.

So you don't think your post about the Canes learning how to win would possibly fit in any other thread? Look, I'm not the thread police, just want to give you some friendly advice. I'm not saying you shouldn't post, looks like you literally just joined the site and it's great you are excited about the team. However, when you create a dozen threads like "Here are my thoughts..." or "What people don't realize is..." it looks like purely attention seeking behavior because you want people to click on your thread to see if you have anything substantive. By substantive, a example would be if your thread "What people don't realize is" was followed by a post about how you heard from Pinckney's mom that he will play this week. Pretty much all the threads you start are just for you to drop your random thoughts. Imagine if the 5000 or so members on the site decided to do what you are doing. The forum would be cluttered and unreadable. Again, not the thread police, but I think lots of forum members would appreciate it if all members, not just you, were a bit more judicious in creating new threads.

Last edited:
"It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.
The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

I don't buy that people don't like it. Sure, rivals don't want to see Miami succeed—but the Canes being on the rise is good for the sport of college football. It can't be Alabama and everybody else. The ascension of a Clemson or Penn State is good. Seeing programs like Miami on the mend creates a good storyline.

There's a reason "The U" documentaries got so much play and praise. People gravitated towards that and learned the story. They're now seeing a new chapter of a familiar story unfolding.

All that said, fully agree regarding the culture of winning. The degree to which Miami turned into a perennial loser has been painful. Started on Coker's watch—once Butch's talent couldn't bail him out. Continued under Randy, who lacked the chops to be a head guy and CEO. Golden was an amateur; his schtick working in Temple and big-fish-in-a-little-pond, but Miami swallowed his *** up whole and he was exposed.

Richt has the pedigree, experience, demeanor and is at a conformable place in his life where he's embracing his own new chapter—back home, with a fresh opp.

Canes finally have their guy. The rest is just bringing back the talent as Miami has a guy who knows how to use it.

Well the 2018 Class is #2 at Rivals.And as far as people not liking us it's just starting.But actually our popularity even in bad times is not in question.ESPN ratings are always some of the highest.

Advertisement
Back