What some people don't understand about the Canes

Are Earnest T. Bass and Cane 1060 the same person posting under different accounts? Dudes have had accounts for two weeks and have started 35 different threads combined. Maybe try to post in existing threads.

Sorry you don't like my threads I do try to add to the conversation and I do often post about things I read and do not see any other threads of a similar nature.And I loved Earnest T Bass other than Barney was the a unique character to be sure.

So you don't think your post about the Canes learning how to win would possibly fit in any other thread? Look, I'm not the thread police, just want to give you some friendly advice. I'm not saying you shouldn't post, looks like you literally just joined the site and it's great you are excited about the team. However, when you create a dozen threads like "Here are my thoughts..." or "What people don't realize is..." it looks like purely attention seeking behavior because you want people to click on your thread to see if you have anything substantive. By substantive, a example would be if your thread "What people don't realize is" was followed by a post about how you heard from Pinckney's mom that he will play this week. Pretty much all the threads you start are just for you to drop your random thoughts. Imagine if the 5000 or so members on the site decided to do what you are doing. The forum would be cluttered and unreadable. I recommend you start a thread called Cane 1060's musings and post whenever you feel like it there. You can also try posting in existing threads. Or keep doing what you are doing, up to you but don't be surprised when you get added to a lot of ignore lists.

Time bomb I guarantee you if you look at my threads at half are not just opinion.I get what your saying but It surely is not about my musings.And I am happy with the number of responses I get from my so called musings.Sorry

Advertisement
Are Earnest T. Bass and Cane 1060 the same person posting under different accounts? Dudes have had accounts for two weeks and have started 35 different threads combined. Maybe try to post in existing threads.

Sorry you don't like my threads I do try to add to the conversation and I do often post about things I read and do not see any other threads of a similar nature.And I loved Earnest T Bass other than Barney was the a unique character to be sure.

So you don't think your post about the Canes learning how to win would possibly fit in any other thread? Look, I'm not the thread police, just want to give you some friendly advice. I'm not saying you shouldn't post, looks like you literally just joined the site and it's great you are excited about the team. However, when you create a dozen threads like "Here are my thoughts..." or "What people don't realize is..." it looks like purely attention seeking behavior because you want people to click on your thread to see if you have anything substantive. By substantive, a example would be if your thread "What people don't realize is" was followed by a post about how you heard from Pinckney's mom that he will play this week. Pretty much all the threads you start are just for you to drop your random thoughts. Imagine if the 5000 or so members on the site decided to do what you are doing. The forum would be cluttered and unreadable. Again, not the thread police, but I think lots of forum members would appreciate it if all members, not just you, were a bit more judicious in creating new threads.

I truly thought this needed to be a thread.Media people and fan sites etc.are not understanding what is really going on here.A lot of people need to see that winning especially how were winning is the greatest way to win and we are not getting our due.

The biggest change I have seen from Golden to CMR is the halftime adjustments. All these games that we were looking like sheet in the first half, with Golden nothing would change at the half and we would lose. CMR and staff make the proper adjustments to either get back in the game or to take it over. Look at the GT game for instance, they came out after the half and shut them down( other than that stupid onsides try).

The biggest change I have seen from Golden to CMR is the halftime adjustments. All these games that we were looking like sheet in the first half, with Golden nothing would change at the half and we would lose. CMR and staff make the proper adjustments to either get back in the game or to take it over. Look at the GT game for instance, they came out after the half and shut them down( other than that stupid onsides try).

Watch out Freshman you only have 102 posts your judgement day is coming.

"It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.
The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

I don't buy that people don't like it. Sure, rivals don't want to see Miami succeed—but the Canes being on the rise is good for the sport of college football. It can't be Alabama and everybody else. The ascension of a Clemson or Penn State is good. Seeing programs like Miami on the mend creates a good storyline.

There's a reason "The U" documentaries got so much play and praise. People gravitated towards that and learned the story. They're now seeing a new chapter of a familiar story unfolding.

All that said, fully agree regarding the culture of winning. The degree to which Miami turned into a perennial loser has been painful. Started on Coker's watch—once Butch's talent couldn't bail him out. Continued under Randy, who lacked the chops to be a head guy and CEO. Golden was an amateur; his schtick working in Temple and big-fish-in-a-little-pond, but Miami swallowed his *** up whole and he was exposed.

Richt has the pedigree, experience, demeanor and is at a conformable place in his life where he's embracing his own new chapter—back home, with a fresh opp.

Canes finally have their guy. The rest is just bringing back the talent as Miami has a guy who knows how to use it.

Well the 2018 Class is #2 at Rivals.And as far as people not liking us it's just starting.But actually our popularity even in bad times is not in question.ESPN ratings are always some of the highest.

Is your space key broken?

Advertisement

For those of you who might not be aware, TimeBomb has appointed himself as the commissioner of counting CIS members new threads. Apparently, he has a secret quota system that once you violate his secret quota he will quickly admonish you. I for one applaud his critically important undertaking knowing his work will keep us safe…from what, I have no worldly idea!!!

PS: The ole Bomber does have a bit of paranoia in which he believes posters use a variety of screen names, which I attribute to the stress he’s under counting all those new threads.

For those of you who might not be aware, TimeBomb has appointed himself as the commissioner of counting CIS members new threads. Apparently, he has a secret quota system that once you violate his secret quota he will quickly admonish you. I for one applaud his critically important undertaking knowing his work will keep us safe…from what, I have no worldly idea!!!

PS: The ole Bomber does have a bit of paranoia in which he believes posters use a variety of screen names, which I attribute to the stress he’s under counting all those new threads.

I've appointed myself Commissioner of Identifying Attention Whores. 1060 has made one or two good points, although I don't think he needs a new thread every time a random thought pops into his head. Your threads and posts are uniformly terrible. Failed attempts at sarcasm, then getting butt hurt when other posters tell you that your posts suck, then posting a million more times that people just aren't sophisticated enough to understand your razor sharp wit.

So you don't think your post about the Canes learning how to win would possibly fit in any other thread? Look, I'm not the thread police, just want to give you some friendly advice. I'm not saying you shouldn't post, looks like you literally just joined the site and it's great you are excited about the team. However, when you create a dozen threads like "Here are my thoughts..." or "What people don't realize is..." it looks like purely attention seeking behavior because you want people to click on your thread to see if you have anything substantive. By substantive, a example would be if your thread "What people don't realize is" was followed by a post about how you heard from Pinckney's mom that he will play this week. Pretty much all the threads you start are just for you to drop your random thoughts. Imagine if the 5000 or so members on the site decided to do what you are doing. The forum would be cluttered and unreadable. I recommend you start a thread called Cane 1060's musings and post whenever you feel like it there. You can also try posting in existing threads. Or keep doing what you are doing, up to you but don't be surprised when you get added to a lot of ignore lists.

Time bomb I guarantee you if you look at my threads at half are not just opinion.I get what your saying but It surely is not about my musings.And I am happy with the number of responses I get from my so called musings.Sorry

Cane since 1060,

Ignore that hall monitor. He's usually complaining about the coaches and kids during the games and with Syracuse being 6 days away he needs to find something to ridicule and complain about, so you are his latest target. He also believes you and I are the same poster, but he also believes Harvey Weinstein and Rosie O’Donnell are the same person, which may actually be true!

And what some of us are fast learning.Is That in year 2 CMR has created the culture of winning.Some people out there are calling the Canes lucky or not deserving etc.Instead of acknowledging the really steadfast resiliency of this team they come off as looking either really jealous or just plain not getting what has been developing since CMR and his coaches
Looked to establish a loyalty to bringing back Canes pride.And the work ethic in practice that pays off in the game.The 2018 recruiting class is a statement in and of itself.But more importantly for now this team has bought into a concept."It's a Canes thing you wouldn't understand"applies again.The storm is brewing truly this time and people just don't like it.

So you were around since the Battle of Hastings?
Those Normans were really flying around back in the day, eh?

Advertisement

I don't buy that people don't like it. Sure, rivals don't want to see Miami succeed—but the Canes being on the rise is good for the sport of college football. It can't be Alabama and everybody else. The ascension of a Clemson or Penn State is good. Seeing programs like Miami on the mend creates a good storyline.

There's a reason "The U" documentaries got so much play and praise. People gravitated towards that and learned the story. They're now seeing a new chapter of a familiar story unfolding.

All that said, fully agree regarding the culture of winning. The degree to which Miami turned into a perennial loser has been painful. Started on Coker's watch—once Butch's talent couldn't bail him out. Continued under Randy, who lacked the chops to be a head guy and CEO. Golden was an amateur; his schtick working in Temple and big-fish-in-a-little-pond, but Miami swallowed his *** up whole and he was exposed.

Richt has the pedigree, experience, demeanor and is at a conformable place in his life where he's embracing his own new chapter—back home, with a fresh opp.

Canes finally have their guy. The rest is just bringing back the talent as Miami has a guy who knows how to use it.

Very well stated!

I've appointed myself Commissioner of Identifying Attention Whores. 1060 has made one or two good points, although I don't think he needs a new thread every time a random thought pops into his head. Your threads and posts are uniformly terrible. Failed attempts at sarcasm, then getting butt hurt when other posters tell you that your posts suck, then posting a million more times that people just aren't sophisticated enough to understand your razor sharp wit.

Keep up the incredibly important work Bomber, as if not for you, then who? You have a thankless job, but a nation of Canes fans turn their lonely eyes to you for direction and protection. There's North Korea, there's Iran, there's Russia, but all of those threats are child's play when it comes to tracking the threads of semi-virgin posters, thus showing the world who the real "attention whores" are. You diving on this grenade (Bomb) to protect the innocent insures you of immortality in the world of sports blogs. Vaya con Dios General "TimeBomb" Patton!

PS: One more thing Mr. Time Bomb, you claim I have been a member of CIS for only two weeks, where it clearly shows just a few short inches below my screen name I've been a member since December of 2016. Is this just more of your secret coding?

Last edited:

Keep up the incredibly important work Bomber, as if not for you, then who? You have a thankless job, but a nation of Canes fans turn their lonely eyes to you for direction and protection. There's North Korea, there's Iran, there's Russia, but all of those threats are child's play when it comes to tracking the threads of semi-virgin posters, thus showing the world who the real "attention whores" are. You diving on this grenade (Bomb) to protect the innocent insures you of immortality in the world of sports blogs. Vaya con Dios General "TimeBomb" Patton!

PS: One more thing Mr. Time Bomb, you claim I have been a member of CIS for only two weeks, where it clearly shows just a few short inches below my screen name I've been a member since December of 2016. Is this just more of your secret coding?

Mr time bomb has a false sense of self worth.He secretly is campaigning for moderator.Sorry Time bomb you don't get my vote.Go back now and play in your sandbox and take the guy with the confederate flag with you.

Last edited:
Lol OK you two. Have a good time doing whatever it is you do.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Hard to say it's not hate when analyst states that teams in the top 10 losing is because they fell asleep and was unprepared they'll turn it around or bounce back and in the same breath claim Miami's win(s) was a fluke and it doesn't appear they are top 10 worthy or that they are a threat to crash the playoff.. and I rarely comment on Miami "hate"

Advertisement

Downvoted for incorrect use of the prepositional phrase "in which."

Yeah I must say, a lot of ppl just haven't given my Canes their props for being 5-0.. BUT it is what it is, IT looks like the recruits have took notice and that's what is important!! Miami has a lot of local recruits interested and I love it, Miami is starting to get the players we need to bring back the elite status in Coral Gables.. As for Media, we will have a very small group for us BUT the majority will find excuses why Miami is not worthy of being a contender.. I saw some post of comments after the GT game, and I can guarantee Miami is being watched by many!!

Hard to say it's not hate when analyst states that teams in the top 10 losing is because they fell asleep and was unprepared they'll turn it around or bounce back and in the same breath claim Miami's win(s) was a fluke and it doesn't appear they are top 10 worthy or that they are a threat to crash the playoff.. and I rarely comment on Miami "hate"[/QUOTE]

You hit it on the head!! All these different CFB shows that play, I never really hear much about our 5-0 Canes.. And when they talk about our Canes it's in a negative way, they just can't say "Miami is 5-0 and they are coming" Something simple... The hate is real when it comes to our Canes, know that.. Now I'm waiting to hear them, "Cuse is going for 2 straight upsets with top 10 team"

Advertisement
Back