What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

It’s the same situation as when they used Dabo to argue for Manny.

They think hope the exception to the rule is the rule itself. Which confirms that we are dealing with actual dumb posters.
To be fair I think it’s more “hope” which who can blame anyone thats a fan of this program? Of course you are going to hope to be the exception.

Advertisement
To be fair I think it’s more “hope” which who can blame anyone thats a fan of this program? Of course you are going to hope to be the exception.
Hope is one thing but to constantly use it as an argument as if it’s a fact, is when it goes off the rails.

Also failing to grasp certain differences makes it even more absurd. Norvell is a good offensive coach and playcaller, which has directly led to their success. How are the two situations even remotely analogous - we have a glorified OL coach as our HC

Manny’s D and inability to add talent/poor evals costs us at least 6 games this season. Let’s not have recency bias and act like Manny was any good as a HC. He was bad. His 1 saving grace was giving complete control of the O to Lashlee and him putting up points.
Piggy backing on this, prior to making said move to give complete control to Lashlee, or even before hiring Lashlee, he said "The biggest recruiting win of the off season was bringing Dan Enos from Alabama". Coming from a coach that couldn't recruit his own position group, that comment is both completely understandable and perplexing at the same time. Remember all the Saban "Where the **** is Dan" jokes?

As much as I agree with some of the game day coaching concerns. We do this to every single coach, we completely chew them up by the end of year two, and then recruiting takes a dive and in a year and a half we are back to the drawing board.
We need to continue to support the staff, trust that he can do what he says he will. He is recruiting at a solid level. He has brought in some good portal guys.
It’s definitely his roster next year and he needs to produce. IMO he should bring back both coordinators. I think continuity is also important and I’ve seen enough from both to bring them back for that sake if nothing else.

I do think the bar needs to be high next yr. ACC championship trip at a minimum. No matter what it looks like. I want to see much cleaner play, from a coaching standpoint. I want to see great time management and 2 minute O. Those are what I’d expect from a staff that’s in its second yr togetherness
Recruiting started to fall of after Cristomoron did not kneel against GTU! Players noticed he is incompetent and would rather play for someone who will not make pee wee football mistakes!

Advertisement
There are 9 HC getting paid more than Mario. 5 of those have made the playoff/won chips (Kirby, Saban, Dabo, Kelly, Day). The others are Kiffin, Heupel, Rhule. Nebraska and Miami are the only outliers. It looks like Harbaugh and Franklin make less than Mario (I think Harbaugh has incentives that he will hit and make more).
If a CEO in any business had ups and downs in their market and caused investors $$$, they would fire the clown ASAP! Cristomoron, was brought here to win and has not done that consistently!

You're such an awesome fan.
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Piggy backing on this, prior to making said move to give complete control to Lashlee, or even before hiring Lashlee, he said "The biggest recruiting win of the off season was bringing Dan Enos from Alabama". Coming from a coach that couldn't recruit his own position group, that comment is both completely understandable and perplexing at the same time. Remember all the Saban "Where the **** is Dan" jokes?
How people like cuckboy @mcnaire2004 aren’t remembering how bad Manny was is beyond me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So, I have read multiple articles, tweets, and threads that claim the Canes have made improvements in year 2, but I am not sold!

So what would substantial progress looks like in year 3 of Cristomoron? Here is my opinion;

1- Play in ACC championship
2- improve record to 9-3 or 10-2
3- selected and win a major New Years Bowl
4- recruiting in top 10
5- Beat GTU by 50 and kneel with 2:00 minutes!

Any those are mine!
Regarding improvements in year 2.
Game results aren’t there but you can’t dispute the difference of play in games.
That doesn’t mean I find this year as acceptable.

It has to be ACC championship next year.
Schedule:
Home-
FAMU
Ball St
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake

Away-
uF
USF
Cal
GT
Louisville
Syracuse

9-3 means we lost to Louisville, FSU and some other team we’ll be favored against and we don’t go to the ACCCG.

We shouldn’t be identifying “potential trouble spots” but here we are.
They are @uf, @GT, @UL, FSU and Duke.
Trouble with any of those other teams, or even uF, means they’ve improved more than we have.

This obviously depends on when we play them and what’s going to happen in the QB transfer portal
(I think @Cal is already scheduled for the 12 noon Friday Thanksgiving slot).

Given the game results this year, and our ‘24 schedule, more than 1 ACC loss is not acceptable*

*What I see as progress, or acceptable, and what I’ve been seeing this year is not aligned.

Last edited:
Success is finally showing a return on the massive investment UM has made in him and the football program.

Finishing as a top 10 team and earning a CFP berth… in the expanded 12 team Playoffs… is what success looks like in 2024.

Great goal. Far unrealistic expectation. We have enough data now to figure out that game day coaching will lose us two games alone. That on top of losing to better squads.

Advertisement
How people like ****boy @mcnaire2004 aren’t remembering how bad Manny was is beyond me.
Pointing out the failures of Mario juxtaposed with those of Manny is not the same as supporting Manny.

When I bring up Manny I intend for you to read "Wow, Mario really is terrible!" I do not intend for you to read "I miss Manny."

But carry on Porsting anyway
200w (7).gif

Pointing out the failures of Mario juxtaposed with those of Manny is not the same as supporting Manny.

When I bring up Manny I intend for you to read "Wow, Mario really is terrible!" I do not intend for you to read "I miss Manny."

But carry on Porsting anyway
View attachment 266877
I didn’t take it like that, but 1000000 to 1 Manny would have ever won 10 games here. I’m definitely no Mario slurper. He cost this team at least 3 wins this season. I’ve always said I’ll wait until year 3 until I make my decision on Mario. Mario deserves all the criticism he’s getting right now though.

Manny never had a team up for a big game. The team always folded under him. We just played 2 top 10 teams to the wire in back to back weeks while getting screwed by refs. Beat 8-4 & Clemson this season, which Manny would have never done (regardless of them being down). At the end of the day Mario is fighting to win 8 games this season, but this team is better than the record IMO.

If this team doesn’t win 10 next season then I’m on the moving on from Mario bandwagon.

I didn’t take it like that, but 1000000 to 1 Manny would have ever won 10 games here. I’m definitely no Mario slurper. He cost this team at least 3 wins this season. I’ve always said I’ll wait until year 3 until I make my decision on Mario. Mario deserves all the criticism he’s getting right now though.

Manny never had a team up for a big game. The team always folded under him. We just played 2 top 10 teams to the wire in back to back weeks while getting screwed by refs. Beat 8-4 & Clemson this season, which Manny would have never done (regardless of them being down). At the end of the day Mario is fighting to win 8 games this season, but this team is better than the record IMO.

If this team doesn’t win 10 next season then I’m on the moving on from Mario bandwagon.
So you're arguing that we agree about Mario.

I guess our only point of separation is you see Marios close losses with good teams as a positive. I've seen that before from Golden and Manny. Any argument about Manny folding and I can point to anything Mario has done. Manny had us a few plays away from 10-2 his last year with a freshman QB. I mean, what positive are you seeing from Mario that you didn't under Al Golden? Better offensive line? Yeah, for the most part. But we had a better running and passing teams under Golden. You can say that was because of this or that but Al recruited Duke. Al hired Jedd.

All I see from you is backhanded slurping. "Mario is bad but THIS [BGCOLOR=initial]is good." Dude just take the plunge. You'll feel better when you let go. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement

I guess our only point of separation is you see Marios close losses with good teams as a positive. I've seen that before from Golden and Manny. Any argument about Manny folding and I can point to anything Mario has done. Manny had us a few plays away from 10-2 his last year with a freshman QB. I mean, what positive are you seeing from Mario that you didn't under Al Golden? Better offensive line? Yeah, for the most part. But we had a better running and passing teams under Golden. You can say that was because of this or that but Al recruited Duke. Al hired Jedd.

All I see from you is backhanded slurping. "Mario is bad but THIS [BGCOLOR=initial]is good." Dude just take the plunge. You'll feel better when you let go. [/BGCOLOR]
What top 10 teams did Manny’s squad play close? lol at them being close to 10-2. Another one who hopes we lose to validate your hatred for Mario.

Anything less than 10-3 won’t work in year 3.
This would be definite improvement. The real hurdle is learning how to win games in the ACC consistently. In 20 years, this team has never really been able to figure that out.

While I agree this year is obviously frustrating....they haven't been blown out by anyone and have been engaged in every game. It's been a long time since we've seen that. Not something that shows up in the W/L record, but it's something.

What top 10 teams did Manny’s squad play close? lol at them being close to 10-2. Another one who hopes we lose to validate your hatred for Mario.
Forgive me your memory must be foggy. If you go back and look you'll see a few plays separate Manny and 10-2.

It was a valiant effort on your part to try and make the point about anything but Marios failures.

Put Mario up against any Miami coach this century and you will find him wanting. His record is a failure. His tough persona is hubris and bravado. You have been pushed into a world where playing close games shows progress. Where progress is the goal. Results don't matter.

Enjoy your meal
yummy-food.gif

Ok, then by your rules Mario was a few plays away from being undefeated this season. Again, I’m waiting until year 3 to make a personal decision on Mario. We knew he was a coach that would mean a rebuild, not a quick turnaround. I’m not defending Mario’s blunders thus far, but he has 1 more season before I write him off. To each their own.

Advertisement
Back