What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

If TVD returns and learns how to throw in zone, we may see a big step forward. If he leaves and/or regresses further, I don’t see how we win a lot of games. We need a legit QB

Advertisement
Just looked at the 2024 schedule and it has to be one of the weakest schedules in the country! Most challenging games UF, FSU, Duke ( maybe). The wins must be decisive or it wi
Not be improvement!
Swear to god, CIS has been saying this for 20 years. You should assume every game will be a dogfight until we prove we can handle business like big boy programs do

IMG_3625.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
9 wins. With our schedule it should be undefeated.

We will be lucky to be a perennial 9-10 2nd in the acc team. Just hope Mario gets the infrastructure going and the team size and mindset right. Then pray our next coach in 5-6 years is some up and coming g5 coach.

Think the school gives up once Mario doesn't work. They've thrown money at the problem and we won't get the results.

(And I am pro Mario. Thought he would get us back. Still think he can maybe get to richt type levels eventually, but nothing more. That's his ceiling. With this performance, he won't be able to recruit his way out of it. His offensive mindset, oc decisions, and gameday coaching will be his demise. )

Just looked at the 2024 schedule and it has to be one of the weakest schedules in the country! Most challenging games UF, FSU, Duke ( maybe). The wins must be decisive or it wi
Not be improvement!
Wario has TWO wins against ACC opponents in his TWO seasons at Miami. There’s nothing weak/easy when it comes to Miami’s schedule given the HC currently leading the program.

Advertisement
As much as I agree with some of the game day coaching concerns. We do this to every single coach, we completely chew them up by the end of year two, and then recruiting takes a dive and in a year and a half we are back to the drawing board.
We need to continue to support the staff, trust that he can do what he says he will. He is recruiting at a solid level. He has brought in some good portal guys.
It’s definitely his roster next year and he needs to produce. IMO he should bring back both coordinators. I think continuity is also important and I’ve seen enough from both to bring them back for that sake if nothing else.

I do think the bar needs to be high next yr. ACC championship trip at a minimum. No matter what it looks like. I want to see much cleaner play, from a coaching standpoint. I want to see great time management and 2 minute O. Those are what I’d expect from a staff that’s in its second yr togetherness

Advertisement
As much as I agree with some of the game day coaching concerns. We do this to every single coach, we completely chew them up by the end of year two, and then recruiting takes a dive and in a year and a half we are back to the drawing board.
We need to continue to support the staff, trust that he can do what he says he will. He is recruiting at a solid level. He has brought in some good portal guys.
It’s definitely his roster next year and he needs to produce. IMO he should bring back both coordinators. I think continuity is also important and I’ve seen enough from both to bring them back for that sake if nothing else.

I do think the bar needs to be high next yr. ACC championship trip at a minimum. No matter what it looks like. I want to see much cleaner play, from a coaching standpoint. I want to see great time management and 2 minute O. Those are what I’d expect from a staff that’s in its second yr togetherness
Recruiting takes a dive because recruits don't like the product on the field, not because the fans are criticizing the coach.

Honestly next years home scheduled might be the worst I can recall

also next year the college football playoff expands to 12. Some of you are forgetting it.

Advertisement
Back