What positions on this years team

Are good enough to compete/win a national title? Let me start by saying I do not think as a team we’re good enough or going to win the national title, but I do expect a playoff spot barring big time injuries.

I have us good enough at
QB
RB
TE
OL
DE
LB

Don’t think we’re there at
WR
DT
CB
S

Cam ward can definitely make up for and help our WR, I just don’t see the 1st and 2nd round guys at that position that most title contenders typically have.

All of this is assuming good health. Curious your guys’ thoughts?
TE could go in either category since we have no production and highly rated players.

Advertisement
QB, RB (if Fletcher is healthy to go along with Martinez), DE, MLB (Kiko is one of the best in the country), and IMO the OL as a whole is that caliber.

Other positions I think the talent in there but it's borderline or unproven - WR (good talent but no real major NFL pieces) and TE (likely multiple NFL TEs that are unproven)

Blatantly not championship caliber - DT, CB, S, and WLB. I think all of these positions are serviceable. Just thin and no major difference makers at any of the positions.
Ya I was assuming fletch is healthy and TE based off potential. Everything we hear about arroyo is he’s the real deal but has to show it and the Riley being the #2.

The WR room is good enough to compete with anybody. A thousand yard receiver plus two 800 yard receivers. Not to mention the talent coming in.
I agree the WR room is very good. I’m doing hypothetical national title contending unit. IMO it’s not there yet but could be with how good ward can be. As of now no. Would you feel comfortable with them against a uga or Ohio state etc. as of now? Not based on potential

Playoffs are mandatory

Okay. Martinez+Allen or whoever is#2 should work

To be seen. Was an abortion last year.

Probably

Yeah

Yeah

Are you insane? We have the best WRs in the ACC.

We're good enough

Yeah, probably right. Massive question mark here.

I don't think WR is a concern for anyone at all.

Regarding the wr, best in ACC doesn’t make them a national title good enough unit. They could be but as of now they’re not.

It’s a fan message board man, it’d be really ****** dull if people didn’t talk about anything.

And I never brought up a national championship.
"There's no point in asking that question outside of fan interactions to keep the off-season slump at a minimum."

Well, there you go lmao

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back