What other holes need to be filled now?

Advertisement
Can't stay healthy lol...he was pretty healthy his 1st couple years in the program. Last year was his first year back from knee surgery. The play calling this past year didn't involve the TE position unless they threw the ball to McCormick who can't catch can't block and sucks ***.

FIrst start involving the TE again in the offense than stop playing inferior talent at that position then let's see how the TE room looks.
He’s played 11 games in the last 2 years. Last time I checked that’s not a lot.

Advertisement
Went 3 pages and almost 12 hours and no one hit the **** button.

Thought we lost the site to a California state school affiliate. GoldenBearInsight.com or something.
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

That's a lot of holes, considering we are well over the limit right now.
There is young talent, but it’s all either unproven, or not elite. Coaches have their work cut out for them if they don’t go get guys to fill these spots.

He’s played 11 games in the last 2 years. Last time I checked that’s not a lot.
He tore his knee up in the 3rd game of 2022 then sat out the first 6 or 7 games of 2023. But when he was healthy his first year you could clearly see the greatness there could be.

My point was that TE is not a position of need. There is talent but also the play calling needs to be better and this offense needs to start utilizing the TE position or it doesn't matter if you brought Brock Bowers into the room.

Advertisement
He tore his knee up in the 3rd game of 2022 then sat out the first 6 or 7 games of 2023. But when he was healthy his first year you could clearly see the greatness there could be.

My point was that TE is not a position of need. There is talent but also the play calling needs to be better and this offense needs to start utilizing the TE position or it doesn't matter if you brought Brock Bowers into the room.
I’m not questioning his ability but right now for him it’s all about being able to stay on the field. If Cam decides to hang it up I would go after a tight end.

How many roster spots do you think we have available?
“Allegedly”, not many. I put that in quotations though because as we’ve seen with Ward, Poff, Alston, our pursuit of WRs (etc.), spots won’t matter if we’re really trying to improve the roster and capitalize on our QB acquisition.

In terms of expendable players that could be asked to leave in the Spring, there are a lot or potential portal candidates. The staff will make room if there is a substantial upgrade to that on the current roster.

It’s a cutthroat business and nobody wants to admit they were wrong about certain evaluations…but there’s plenty of positions we can improve should we choose to.

Advertisement
1. Starting Safety
2. Starting Corner
3. Starting DT
4. Starting WR (would be higher but Dawson only uses 4 guys consistently. Talented young guys need to be given a shot and not kept on the bench bc they can’t block)
5. Starting RB
6. Best LB available
7. Best TE available
What’s the point of recruiting

Advertisement
DB1
WR1
Safety
LB
Maybe another DT now that Burroughs is gone.
RB

Don’t think we’ll address all of them but that’s in a perfect world.

People might come at me for the RB comment but if you think about it…(also it’s last on my “wish” list).

- Fletcher been hurt twice already in one year
- Parrish is Parrish
- Allen I’m an advocate for but meh so far
- Can’t rely on Citizen
- Lyle isn’t good enough to play Year 1 imo

I’d like to give CJ more touches but we’ll see. I think at least 1 or 2 transfer after the spring regardless, so maybe that’s when we grab one.

LB I just don’t want to rely on the freshmen, and we don’t have anyone next to Kiko. Wes is the same type of backer that attacks well downhill but has been disappointing in the pass game, very hot and cold and Rutgers ran over him on multiple tackling attempts. I’d bring in a vet at minimum after losing Cloyd and Flagg.

A lot of pressure will be placed on JHH being a focal point of the interior DL this year, we really need him to stay healthy. I’d bring in one more guy. Clark is a run stuffer and after Cook, it’s a lot of youth at that position again now that Burroughs is gone.
Disagree about Lb Wesley or Chase Smith next to kiko! youngins will be ready next year while getting reps this year!

Our back 4 on D are below replacement level. We need starting safeties and another corner. I also think we need another RB because we can’t stay healthy
Think we gotta give the youngins a chance or we risk losing them. At least thru spring practice.

Advertisement
Back