What OSU commits are we flipping? How many lineman we taking!?!?!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That's why you hire coaches.

If you can't coach up this kind of athlete into a quality DB, then you don't deserve to coach anymore.

I agree with this to an extent. More OK with that philosophy it in the trenches but when it comes to DBs instincts and anticipation play larger factors in success on the field.

All that said, this kid is 100% a take for me. IMG pipeline needs to grow and worst case scenario you have a good special teamer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with this to an extent. More OK with that philosophy it in the trenches but when it comes to DBs instincts and anticipation play larger factors in success on the field.

All that said, this kid is 100% a take for me. IMG pipeline needs to grow and worst case scenario you have a good special teamer.
You sound like Doritos in that recruiting war room meeting video from a few years back. Yeah, it's nice to have an athlete like Gurvan who shows ready-made anticipation skills in high school, but that's not gonna always be the case with high school kids. The best athletes in HS play everywhere and sometimes aren't able to develop at one position.

You can coach a guy to watch film, notice tendencies and become a more instinctive player. You can't coach 4.56 laser 40 in high school or 40+ inch vert.

You sound like Doritos in that recruiting war room meeting video from a few years back. Yeah, it's nice to have an athlete like Gurvan who shows ready-made anticipation skills in high school, but that's not gonna always be the case with high school kids. The best athletes in HS play everywhere and sometimes aren't able to develop at one position.

You can coach a guy to watch film, notice tendencies and become a more instinctive player. You can't coach 4.56 laser 40 in high school or 40+ inch vert.

Sorry I don't understand the reference, but if you're basing it off what I said then Doritos seems like an intelligent dude.

I'm not here to argue, we all want the best players to suit up in Orange and Green, and I was just simply offering up my take on his tape. No need to point out which player traits can and can't be coached... we get it, man

Advertisement
Back