WHAT MIAMI FOOTBALL TEAM IS THE BEST EVER OR YOUR FAVORITE

504CANE4LIFE

Recruit
I was watching DA U on espn and started thinking what team is my favorite of all time and I have to go with that 91 team.

Advertisement
I love them all. It is some coaches I hate. However, I think my favorite moment was that Cotton Bowl. Endless penalties and still crushed UT at home. UT not some chump team, but UT. Granted we got no NC but still for me it was our proudest moment. Sam's and Foote's reactions sucked raw eggs. They should have defended our boys. I would have tripled my donations had those smucks had come called UT out a girls and challenged them to field a man's team next time. Thill in the tunnel was priceless.

Advertisement
Yeah GatorhaterI think that's my favorite moment...it's like they said f that yall hate us anyway and going to talk bad bout us so here is something to talk bout lol DA U

2002!!!.

2001 was the first year I started liking them, didnt know anything about their history at all, I was still a little kid. I saw one game and something made me love them. That was the first year I started noticing who the players were and a couple months later they were smashing Nebraska in the championship.

2002 rolls around and Im all in. I know every player, Im catching every game that they show in Texas, recording games on my dad's VCR just because, Im playing with only Miami on my PS2, Im putting a Miami jersey on the top of Birthday and Christmas list... thats was the most I had ever been in love with any team ever. I remember the house I lived in and coming home in the second quarter and watching us run all over Florida, I remember watching that Florida State games so many times on VHS that it might as well have been a hobby, and of course I remember that championship that I still talk about, cant and will never get over to this day. That was the team I fell in love with... Dorsey, McGahee, Johnson, Winslow, Taylor, Vilma, Williams, Buchanan, Sikes, I could probably name at least half of the roster right now just off of memory smh

As far as Im concerned we won the championship that year and if anybody says anything different they're a liar and a hater in my eyes lol

Advertisement
Yeah GatorhaterI think that's my favorite moment...it's like they said f that yall hate us anyway and going to talk bad bout us so here is something to talk bout lol DA U

I still cannot understand why they chose to be embarrassed instead of proud. Those kids worked so hard, played so great, created such brand, and united a extremely divided city (Luke is right about that). And, if I am not mistaken had a great graduation rate. I think Hill left with a Masters. Those kids were not thugs or punks like the noles or gators. I am a white Southerner and am supposed to have a very negative view of young blacks acting "uppity" like that. But for me, they reflected core American attributes of our founding fathers: hard work, independent thought, coming together as team for common purpose and greater good, and most importantly, ask no man's leave to act! Why liberal elitists reacted the way they did seems contrary to everything they say. Those same people were perfectly fine when college students burned buildings just 20 years earlier, but a little dancing on a football field now that is unacceptable behavior in a civilized society. To this day I want to beat Foote's face in.

Go look at that 2000 canes roster, it's loaded. It's pretty much the 2001 team but with more talent .

Last edited:
I can't put the 2002 team at the top of my list. Not only did they underperform against OSU, they did so half the season. Trailing Rutgers going into the 4th quarter comes to mind. Struggling against Pitt. Needing a comeback to beat an average FSU team that we should have buried. Super talented team, but they played without heart most of the season.

Not much can top the 1983 team. First title, beating the so-called greatest team of all time. It was just a perfect ending to the season. 2000 and 2001 are close seconds. We WOULD have won the title had the #2 team in the country got to play the #1 team in 2000.

Advertisement
I have a soft spot for the '88 team. They finished #2 with basically an 11-0-1 record. Check out these results and where there opponents FINISHED in the rankings (Rankings consisted of 20 teams in '88):
Opponent... Score... Ranking When we Played ...Final Ranking...(Final Record)
FSU 31-0... 1... 3... (11-1)
@Michigan 31-30... 15... 4 ...(9-2-1)
Wisconsin 23-3... nr... nr ...(1-10)
Missouri 51-0... nr... nr (3-7-1)
@ Notre Dame 30-31... 4... 1... (12-0)
Cincy 57-3... nr... nr... (3-8)
@ E. Carolina 31-7... nr... nr... (3-8)
Tulsa 34-3... nr... nr... (4-7) [MENTION=3154]
LSU 44-3... 11... 19... (8-4)
Arkansas 18-16... 8... 12... (10-2)
BYU 41-16... nr... nr... (9-4)
Nebraska 23-3... 6... 10... (11-2)

Last edited:

I still cannot understand why they chose to be embarrassed instead of proud. Those kids worked so hard, played so great, created such brand, and united a extremely divided city (Luke is right about that). And, if I am not mistaken had a great graduation rate. I think Hill left with a Masters. Those kids were not thugs or punks like the noles or gators. I am a white Southerner and am supposed to have a very negative view of young blacks acting "uppity" like that. But for me, they reflected core American attributes of our founding fathers: hard work, independent thought, coming together as team for common purpose and greater good, and most importantly, ask no man's leave to act! Why liberal elitists reacted the way they did seems contrary to everything they say. Those same people were perfectly fine when college students burned buildings just 20 years earlier, but a little dancing on a football field now that is unacceptable behavior in a civilized society. To this day I want to beat Foote's face in.
I still hate him every time I see 30 for 30 I want to kick him

Advertisement
I have a soft spot for the '88 team. They finished #2 with basically an 11-0-1 record. Check out these results and where there opponents FINISHED in the rankings (Rankings consisted of 20 teams in '88):
Opponent... Score... Ranking When we Played ...Final Ranking...(Final Record)
FSU 31-0... 1... 3... (11-1)
@Michigan 31-30... 15... 4 ...(9-2-1)
Wisconsin 23-3... nr... nr ...(1-10)
Missouri 51-0... nr... nr (3-7-1)
@ Notre Dame 30-31... 4... 1... (12-0)
Cincy 57-3... nr... nr... (3-8)
@ E. Carolina 31-7... nr... nr... (3-8)
Tulsa 34-3... nr... nr... (4-7) [MENTION=3154]
LSU 44-3... 11... 19... (8-4)
Arkansas 18-16... 8... 12... (10-2)
BYU 41-16... nr... nr... (9-4)
Nebraska 23-3... 6... 10... (11-2)
Yeah they did their thing that year. ..just think the referees cost us 2 chips the bcs point system cost us another one smh they don't want us to get back to those times they hoping DA U stay down

86 team was insane. "we're on a mission." Loved that team. Was 13. Still can't believe they lost that game.

87 team was huge relief after what happened the two previous bowl games.

86 team was insane. "we're on a mission." Loved that team. Was 13. Still can't believe they lost that game.

87 team was huge relief after what happened the two previous bowl games.

JJ was still a little bit of a pup when it came to Bowl Games. He got schooled by Majors and joe pa in back to back years. Thing is JJ learned. 86 talent was unbelievable. Truly scary to think we had a couple teams afterward that might have been better. Small wonder you can't please us with some slew of slogans.

91 was my favorite as well

Gino Torretta
Kevin Williams
Lamar Thomas
Horace Copeland
Coleman Bell
Leon Searcy
Rusty Medearis
Barrow
Armstead
Smith
Hurlie Brown