What may end up happening

Basically the school would be rewarding Golden for failing to handle his business like a man. He should be fired for holding on to Dorito for 4 years. Allowing that to slide while wasting away the talent hes built up is a crime.

Advertisement
It will work out fine if Golden hires this guy, who runs an attacking 3-4 scheme that brings pressure on EVERY DOWN.

[video=youtube_share;jT-5oINZS0E]http://youtu.be/jT-5oINZS0E[/video]

It cant get worse for Al if he fires this guy and it's his only hope if he wants to stay here as the coach

Unfortunately, I'd be shocked if Golden were not back next season. On the same token, I'd be shocked if Dorito WAS back next season.

We're going to have a new defensive coordinator. That's all. /puke

Al has created this mess, he's the CEO, he needs to be the first person held accountable. And as other have pointed out, the defense is his brain child as well.

Advertisement
His 3-4 scheme is based on pressure brought by speed and movement even on the dline.

[video=youtube_share;KY8Xn1u_b9M]http://youtu.be/KY8Xn1u_b9M[/video]

He is also very good at identifying talent and he is recruiting Florida personally because he knows the type of athletes he wants come from Florida.

[video=youtube_share;z53_nL3ip0k]http://youtu.be/z53_nL3ip0k[/video]

Last edited:
Blake needs to fire Dorito and see if Al resigns so that the contract is a non issue

That and hire Butch (or insert DC name) as both DC & DL coach as well as asst HC and pay him both salaries

Then tell Golden - Butch is in charge of the D - if you do not like it - you can leave

His 3-4 scheme is based on speed and movement even on the dline.

[video=youtube_share;KY8Xn1u_b9M]http://youtu.be/KY8Xn1u_b9M[/video]
Al doesn't want an aggressive defense. Its his cryptonite. He wants a defense that is passive, that plays it safe, that doesn't give up the big play that allows chunks of yards, etc. Al doesn't dictate the action on defense, he doesn't believe in that. So he's not going to hire anyone that plays an aggressive defense. Its why he's stuck to Dorito this whole time, they aren't only lovers they share the same passive football philosophy.

So whomever Golden hires, will be just as passive as Golden is.

I'm calling it now- Golden was given the green light to keep Dorito on for as long as possible so that he can do exactly what will be done at the end of this season- fire his buddy- thereby buying himself an additional 2 years of pay...you know...for the cloud and all....(face palm).

We're all being played for fools by this current administration and the local media is aiding in this by directing our ire squarely at D'no instead of the real culprit!!!!

Advertisement
Sadly, I see the way the media is setting this bish up. Fire Dorito? This is Alfraud's defense! Why is that so hard for people to get?!?!?! That cements Alfraud as HC for at least 2 more years because the new DC has to have a mulligan year to "implement" his scheme. Then 2016 will tell the tale-that the defense still has Golden's fat, sweaty hands all over it, then Al will be let go.

**** is calculated-maybe because of the buyout, but don't **** on my head and tell me it's raining!!!! Fck this administration because I firmly believe they are behind this "Fire the DC" boulshiet. Pacify the masses so they will continue to spend while lessening the blow of Alfraud's buyout by keeping him on two more years.

Yall don't see this ****?

i beleive the saying is, dont p!ss on my d!ck and tell me its raining

and theres no way he fires Dorito, every week golden says that it is not Doritos fault, then what all of a sudden at the end of the year he will go, "just kidding, it was Dorito the whole time" i dont think so.

Typical Admin/BOT patch job.

Rather than solve the problem, they would put a band-aid on an amputation, and we still bleed out, but we extend the misery and increase the suffering.

Advertisement
Dorito isn't going anywhere and neither is Al.

If anything Dorito gets laterally-moted to Assistant Head Coach / Recruiting Director / Special Teams coach and they bring in a Coley-esque green Defensive Coordinator.

Advertisement
Since the media is going in on Dorito, Tim on Joe Rose today, Barry Jackson's article yesterday, it seems to me the media is turning this into "fire dorito" rather than "fire golden."

My guess as to what may end up happening is, Dorito will resign on his own (Golden would never fire him), and Golden will get one more year to right the ship with a different coordinator. I don't expect anything to happen mid season. Problem here is, Golden and the rest of the defensive staff stay in tact. Its become evident that Jethro and Williams need to go along with Golden.

Whole staff should be let go, but I get a sense that's not going to happen. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I agree 100%. They fudged up extending his contract to 2019 bc if they didn't and he doesn't win the coastal he would be canned after the last game this year. Unfortunately we have him at least one more year after this season. He will have to make changes (D-Coordinator and scheme)

and theres no way he fires Dorito, every week golden says that it is not Doritos fault, then what all of a sudden at the end of the year he will go, "just kidding, it was Dorito the whole time" i dont think so.

I think the administration tells golden that D'Nofrio has to go, and the administration is gonna hire a new DC. If golden balks the administration tells D'Nofrio you resign, or you're fired, your choice. ( he may have some buy out money). D'Nofrio has a choice and so does Al.

If Al says he's gonna quit, he's gonna leave because a non-performing coach is getting sacked, he needs to quit. The team is more important than any one person including golden.

This bs on defense just can't continue.

Ps any new DC would have to be a moron to take the position with the understanding that defense would be run the same way that got the old DC fired. Nothing wrong with a 3-4, it just can't be run the way D'Nofrio and/or golden run it. The new DC would have to understand this. Golden should understand this.

Stubborn? Yep. But "at the end of the day" golden has bills to pay.

Call it "Black helicopters" or whatever, but I still maintain that certain members of our administration are getting their palms greased by big time/money powers to keep UM with one arm tied behind it's back so that S. FL can be pillaged of "top" talent. UM has to fck'g SUCK in order for the SEC to give their redneck chefs the finest ingredients to cook with. This is a multi BILLION dollar operation that is driven by the Sammy Watkins' and Amari Coopers' of the world...and they can all be plucked from the same "super-market".

Wake the *** up, people. Stevie Wonder can see that getting rid of Al right now and bringing Butch on would be the best solution IF returning UM back to it's rightful place among CFB's elite was truly our goal. But...do any of you really believe that's what happens??? Butch has baggage- that's the bull$h1t being promulgated by the dumbassed parrots of the powers that be- even though the NCAA has given the man a clean bill of health? Leach practically begged for the fck'g job- again-baggage....but apparently not enough baggage to keep another major University from hiring him?!?!?!? W-T-F?!?!?!?

Open your eyes, folks. We raised a $h1t ton of money since Donna came aboard.....we've done some of the most mind-boggling $h1t when it comes to our football program and it has suffered immensely over that same span of time. There's coincidences and then there's fckery.

Advertisement
Back