What may end up happening

NVA CANE

All-American
Since the media is going in on Dorito, Tim on Joe Rose today, Barry Jackson's article yesterday, it seems to me the media is turning this into "fire dorito" rather than "fire golden."

My guess as to what may end up happening is, Dorito will resign on his own (Golden would never fire him), and Golden will get one more year to right the ship with a different coordinator. I don't expect anything to happen mid season. Problem here is, Golden and the rest of the defensive staff stay in tact. Its become evident that Jethro and Williams need to go along with Golden.

Whole staff should be let go, but I get a sense that's not going to happen. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Advertisement
well assuming the new DC was good, he would immediately realize our staff sucks and bring in his own position coaches. or at least i would hope so. also we would need golden to let the DC do his thing and golden take a hands off approach...which would also probably never happen. but who knows, maybe when the angels win the pennant......

Advertisement
You just end up with a situation like UF is in right now where you fire the guy next year and waste a season.

Yeah it sounds about right to me. I think we all know Golden isn't getting it done, but usually the media doesn't start calling for the head coaches head until he's lost the locker room completely. Many coaches have held onto their jobs with ****** results on the field because players still play for them.

It'll probably take a year of Golden/a Golden disciple running the same system to the same effect for the media to fully turn on him.

Since the media is going in on Dorito, Tim on Joe Rose today, Barry Jackson's article yesterday, it seems to me the media is turning this into "fire dorito" rather than "fire golden."

My guess as to what may end up happening is, Dorito will resign on his own (Golden would never fire him), and Golden will get one more year to right the ship with a different coordinator. I don't expect anything to happen mid season. Problem here is, Golden and the rest of the defensive staff stay in tact. Its become evident that Jethro and Williams need to go along with Golden.

Whole staff should be let go, but I get a sense that's not going to happen. Should be interesting to see what happens.

The problem with that is that he'll have to scapegoat his buddy and I am not sure he will and the other is if he does replace donofrio, he'll just get some other recycled 3-4 guy that shares his philosophy. Maybe even a gray beard.

Advertisement
Can anyone honestly listen to the **** Folden says and not cringe? How can the team listen to that used car salesman? Everything he says is bull****, he opens his mouth and it rolls out. I hope whoever makes the call, makes the right one.

Sadly, I see the way the media is setting this bish up. Fire Dorito? This is Alfraud's defense! Why is that so hard for people to get?!?!?! That cements Alfraud as HC for at least 2 more years because the new DC has to have a mulligan year to "implement" his scheme. Then 2016 will tell the tale-that the defense still has Golden's fat, sweaty hands all over it, then Al will be let go.

**** is calculated-maybe because of the buyout, but don't **** on my head and tell me it's raining!!!! Fck this administration because I firmly believe they are behind this "Fire the DC" boulshiet. Pacify the masses so they will continue to spend while lessening the blow of Alfraud's buyout by keeping him on two more years.

Yall don't see this ****?

The problem with that is that he'll have to scapegoat his buddy and I am not sure he will and the other is if he does replace donofrio, he'll just get some other recycled 3-4 guy that shares his philosophy. Maybe even a gray beard.
Agree. If that scenerio plays out, it will be another wasted year. I'd love to see some of those 2012 players under a new coaching staff. Bring in a solid HC with a solid staff and next year we could do something. Keep Al with a different DC and its the same ****.

Advertisement
Firing coordinators to save your *** rarely works

Yep, but I agree with OP, I think this is what's gonna happen. And then 2 years from now, we will still suck and Butch will be coaching UF to the NC game.

Advertisement
Alright. This might not be a very well received post; however, at this point I don't care. Currently I'm furious with Golden. Who isn't? Two prime time television beat downs in the same season plus the train wreck that was the last 4 games last year. With that being said, Al had me head over heels this summer with all the recruiting hype. All the #WELCOMETOTHEU stuff as well as how excited these young men were to take the field. With that being said, AL's a CEO with a diabolical attachment to his best friend. If Al sacks up and recognizes what the overall problem here is, and by the grace of god somehow brings in a couple of guys who actually know what their doing coaching wise - it's hard for me to say it let alone type it - Al could actually do some serious things here. For what it's worth, Golden seems like a nice guy (obviously I'm furious at him like all of you other internet thugs at the moment) - he's the kind of guy who I'd want my son to play for - simply based off his general character shown over the past four years - the Malcolm Lewis incident as well as a couple of minor things I've seen our actual players post about our coach on twitter - Denzel posted a christmas text that really got to me one time. If Al can step back, recognize the fatal obvious, bring in real game day coaches and coordinators, this program would have a much better chance to rise again. Take it or leave it, agree to disagree, it sounds way easier than it actually is in the grand scheme of things, but I really think Golden could still make something of his tenor here if he got his head out of the gutter and made adjustments.

Advertisement
Back