What may end up happening

Advertisement
It could work if he hires someone with considerable experience and get the **** out of the way. At the same time, he has not shown any signs of doing that. In any case it's not only the defense. The huge number of attrition is just a big a problem.

It could work if he hires someone with considerable experience and get the **** out of the way. At the same time, he has not shown any signs of doing that. In any case it's not only the defense. The huge number of attrition is just a big a problem.

The other problem is that if Grohlden picks his new DC, he'll want to run his own Grohlden defense. That means the new DC will have little to say and run a passive scheme for a lame duck coach. That means Golden will have shtty candidates to choose from - either positional coaches who are desperate to do it or a graybeard knowing it's purely a stop gap.

Yep, Grohlden is going to ride the Donofrio/Grohlden train to the ground.

I'd be temporarily satisfied if they fire Dorito and keep Golden away from the defense. The guy can still recruit and although he's hated on these boards, he is not a bad face for the program.

Firing coordinators to save your *** rarely works

True we've seen that before - however it's also been a precursor to the firing or not re-signing of the head coach. Also, if Onofrio is fired - the AD (and advisers, BOT, etc.) could/would/should have a say in the hiring of the DC - which in and of itself could be somewhat of an eratz tryout for a possible head coach. Just sayin' - a small solution is better than no solution. I would also hazard a guess that Golden could be directly or subtly warned that the new DC, although under him should have free reign in determining the D solution....I know a little to much to hope for.

Going to be interesting to see if the D changes up this coming weekend. I'm hoping it does account for Duke's running game AND we put up good numbers on O and pile it on. If we get romped - I'm guessing Ono will soon be gone and Goldie will be on notice.

Either way I'll still root for the U, always, ever, never say die.

Advertisement
Golden needs to hire Kevin Patrick as DL coach, move Hurley to DB coach, bring in a new LB coach and hire Jim Leavitt as DC.

I see it playing out the same way, NVA. Media is too dumb and behind and attached to Albortion's nuts to call for his head. They like him; they don't like Duh. I just hope Duh is greedy and scummy enough to refuse to quit.

You fire Golden now. It is his safe "chicken ****" mentality that is killing this team

Advertisement
I'd be temporarily satisfied if they fire Dorito and keep Golden away from the defense. The guy can still recruit and although he's hated on these boards, he is not a bad face for the program.

The HC sets the mentality for the team. That would never work.

Because of his boy out golden will get a pass. Dorito will STEP DOWN. golden will be forced to change the scheme. Which could actually save his career. If he doesn't change it he will be fired next year.

Fire Dorito, Franklin, Williams, and throw in Kehoe while we're at it. Bring in Winston Moss to run the Defense (4-3) along with 2 other positions coaches for d. I don't have legitimate names. There are many pipe dream names out there I am sure but no clue who would be legitimate candidates. Maybe Kevin Patrick for DL. Wish there were some way in **** to have Ed Reed coach DBs! lol As for OL coach I will take anyone with a pulse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Blake needs to fire Dorito and see if Al resigns so that the contract is a non issue

It doesn't work that way. Golden will never, ever simply quit even if you publicly humiliate him.

Resignation = No Payout
Fire Me Because I'm ****ed And If You Don't The U Will Continue to Lose Games = Millions

What do you think will happen?

It is very easy. No employer wants to keep a disgruntled employee. Their continued employment becomes counter-productive and negatively impacts others. The employee ultimately poisons the work environment and therefore must be fired.

That's why you pay them off so there's a clean break and both sides move on with their respective biz.

Golden either leaves for another gig and the University gets paid or the University fires him. Either way, Golden gets paid. Period. Any other scenario is purely fantasy.

Advertisement
Back