What Kind of Season Must Coach D Have to Remain at UM?

It all comes down to the DL. We need the guys who played to keep getting better and stronger. I felt like they did this over the course of the season and finished strong with Porter coming back. Then we have guys who redshirted like O'Donnell and Hoilett. Those guys need to contribute. And if we can get one or even two of the incoming freshman or JUCO guys to find a niche we will be Golden.

As long as they stay healthy, I expect the LB's and DB's to be excellent. Both units are somewhat dependant on the DL doing their job though.

Adding Matt Thomas to this LB corps should be retarded, in a good way. Hopefully, EJ gets his **** together enough to stay here but if he doesn't then I think a guy like Grace becomes even more important. People might be sleeping on Kirby too. I believe he might be the standout guy this upcoming season.

The DB situation pretty much couldn't be better. Unless Golden somehow pulls Rashard Robinson away from LSU. That would just be unfair.

I expect a pretty **** good defense this upcoming season.

Getting a solid rotation of 8 on the DL should show some positive results. I'm still not impressed with the scheme.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back