What is wrong with our recruiting this year?

JD4

All-American
Are kids afraid of committing and then playing for a new coach they don’t know?

Are they seeing our stud freshmen getting PT and not want to sit on the bench for 3 years?

Wtf is going on and why are we failing at the one thing we should never be this inept at.

Florida State has a top 15 class, UF has a top 25 class, and we have a top 60 class right now.

I haven’t been following recruiting and would appreciate if someone could fill me in on wtf is going on

Advertisement
Advertisement
Found it:
“Recruiting Insider: Miami could go transfer heavy for the 2022 class”

Do they mention any specific targets or anything more than we could go transfer heavy since we missed on all our recruits?
Yea. Landon Morris and the safety from Clemson Joseph Charleston who has a 90 percent tackling percentage apparently. He might be a LBer here. Big safety.

Also mentioned Jeffrey M’ba and Keionte Scott from the JUCO route. They’re still recruiting Kelly, Bissthaine, Tolan, and Agbo.

Agree with all your points...But I think they have taken to a bit of an extreme

I would have AT LEAST TAKEN
Tarbor
Mortimer
Donaldson (after missing on the bigger TE)

I don't mind waiting on Donte Anderson, but I think at this point you have to take him regardless if the other Des come or not. Maybe Allen is a Cane already in a year where safety is a bigger need

The others I think we need to be considering now (I was cool with them waiting) based on what we have, and what we have on roster) and hope to see couple end up as Canes

McCantos
Moten
Wyche
M.Mason
JAC
M.Jackson
Lathan
J.Nonar

I can live with most of the other passes, although I wouldn't have argued with taking one M.Jones RB.

By my count only 10 tri-county COMMITABLE offers? (That includes K.Jackson and Nolton, but not mortimer/Graham/Turner)... Is between 9 and 13. So maybe 12 isn't too bad, but then we needed to do a better job of landing.
Im a fan of the 3 you listed for sure.

I liked Mccantos...MOTEN is a late bloomer that seems to be coming along. Belle Glades Central have 2 OL that have the prerequisite size...ithink both committed to Maryland recently. But for the most part...they get picky with offers and who they target all the time. They were expecting a small class based on what Cooney and those stated from around the spring time.... But with us getting some transfer outs i expect the # to go up.

Advertisement
Are kids afraid of committing and then playing for a new coach they don’t know?

Are they seeing our stud freshmen getting PT and not want to sit on the bench for 3 years?

Wtf is going on and why are we failing at the one thing we should never be this inept at.

Florida State has a top 15 class, UF has a top 25 class, and we have a top 60 class right now.

I haven’t been following recruiting and would appreciate if someone could fill me in on wtf is going on
The recruiting strategy was going well imo till season started. Even with our top prospect de-committing recently to goto bama, it’s still a really solid class imo just small still because why would a kid on the fence pull the trigger to commit to a coach who’s fans have been wanted fired for over a month, a school that does nothing after James‘s pr stunt or after James took 12 days to respond to Herbstreits takedown of admin/James. Also we were holding spots for some blue chippers that I don’t think we get unless TVD keeps progressing and carrying the team to 9-4 (win out and play any blue blood in a bowl and win)

Lastly, Diaz has said publicly he plans to have a smaller class and use the portal for remaining spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 8 - 10 portal takes. 2 lbs, a corner, 2-3 de’s, a te, and 2-3 ol.

Covid gave more time to the older players to suck up playing time from the younger guys; it also caused the class to not turnover as much and so we do not have the spots to fill.

TVD has nothing to do with it as we have a QB committed. He is probably helping keep this class alive by showing that he is a winner and going to fight. We have several kids on the fence (some are gone, others could still be a part of the class if they can see past the rough start). Not sure what a change in staff would do with those but hoping that they want to play for the crib and still come.

Need to have Bama be Bama and MSU to maintain its position so we look better to recruits (all the while not going to save Manny’s job). I think these aren’t mutely exclusive events, so if it means we eat **** on the recruiting class for a proper leader of young men, so be it. There’s always next year.

Advertisement
IF (and that is a HUGE if) we land Kelly, Wesley, and Stewart recruiting will be more than salvaged. Hit the portal for OL, LB, and I am ok with this class

Im a fan of the 3 you listed for sure.

I liked Mccantos...MOTEN is a late bloomer that seems to be coming along. Belle Glades Central have 2 OL that have the prerequisite size...ithink both committed to Maryland recently. But for the most part...they get picky with offers and who they target all the time. They were expecting a small class based on what Cooney and those stated from around the spring time.... But with us getting some transfer outs i expect the # to go up.
Ya I listed Nonar

No idea what Justice is doing on the o-line...We know like 6-7 names, don't think we lead for any...We should know at least a dozen names.

There's a long way to go and the class can be salvaged, portal or not, and winning the games we should win will help, but the overall strategy needs to be questioned. What's the excuse for being behind FSU at this point?

Advertisement
Miami should win at least 3 of the final 4 games. If he goes 2-2 or worse he should be gone and if the admin ponies up the cash this class will be salvaged. If we somehow go 9-4 this class will
be better. However Seems Diaz ( if he is still here ) to be Michigan Stating this class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back