What is wrong with our recruiting this year?

JD4

All-American
Are kids afraid of committing and then playing for a new coach they don’t know?

Are they seeing our stud freshmen getting PT and not want to sit on the bench for 3 years?

Wtf is going on and why are we failing at the one thing we should never be this inept at.

Florida State has a top 15 class, UF has a top 25 class, and we have a top 60 class right now.

I haven’t been following recruiting and would appreciate if someone could fill me in on wtf is going on

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hard to recruit when staff is consider to be out after season. But that is price for getting rid of Mandy. If we don't fire Mandy, and get take the recruiting hit anyway . . . . . . . . . . .

Advertisement
Started 2-4 with blowout losses to Bama and MSU. Won a nail biter against a G5 school and then lost to 2 below average ACC schools. All of that while telling the recruits over the summer how good this team was going to be with an experienced team coming back. Manny gambled and lost...again.
You think if we win out and win our bowl game + the ACCCG (assuming we win the coastal) recruiting this season will be salvageable or not really?

Its the mail it in before you get fired season.. Shannon and Golden did the same, shouldnt be a surprise for anyone..

Dont let anyone tell you poor season as before season we were kinda behind also, esp compared to prior seasons..

You think if we win out and win our bowl game + the ACCCG (assuming we win the coastal) recruiting this season will be salvageable or not really?
With what he sold the recruits on as to what the team was going to be this season compared to what it is now, I would say no. Big difference between “We are going to win the Coastal and the ACC” compared to now well if Pitt loses to UVA and NCST beats so and so scenarios

Advertisement
they are picky and got off to a slow start.

Dont even think the losing has anything to do with it...because we were in he back of the pack BEFORE the season even started.

They essentially didnt like alot of the tri county kids as much...and the ones we are on are 5 star elite types that havent committed yet.

*Also think they realized this and were planning on portal diving anyway.

With what he sold the recruits on as to what the team was going to be this season compared to what it is now, I would say no. Big difference between “We are going to win the Coastal and the ACC” compared to now well if Pitt loses to UVA and NCST beats so and so scenarios
So where do you predict our class ranking ends up?

Advertisement
they are picky and got off to a slow start.

Dont even think the losing has anything to do with it...because we were in he back of the pack BEFORE the season even started.

They essentially didnt like alot of the tri county kids as much...and the ones we are on are 5 star elite types that havent committed yet.

*Also think they realized this and were planning on portal diving anyway.
Agree with all your points...But I think they have taken to a bit of an extreme

I would have AT LEAST TAKEN
Tarbor
Mortimer
Donaldson (after missing on the bigger TE)

I don't mind waiting on Donte Anderson, but I think at this point you have to take him regardless if the other Des come or not. Maybe Allen is a Cane already in a year where safety is a bigger need

The others I think we need to be considering now (I was cool with them waiting) based on what we have, and what we have on roster) and hope to see couple end up as Canes

McCantos
Moten
Wyche
M.Mason
JAC
M.Jackson
Lathan
J.Nonar

I can live with most of the other passes, although I wouldn't have argued with taking one M.Jones RB.

By my count only 10 tri-county COMMITABLE offers? (That includes K.Jackson and Nolton, but not mortimer/Graham/Turner)... Is between 9 and 13. So maybe 12 isn't too bad, but then we needed to do a better job of landing.

Advertisement
Back