What is going on?

Unfortunately, Miami hasn’t been relevant for almost decades. Oklahoma has played for championships - if poorly - produced some Heismans, backed by loyal fan base with some big money cats.
To be fair though, last season was as catastrophic of a period for OU as it was for Miami. OU got blanked by their chief rival - they did not even register a first down. They didn't even attempt a pass in the second half. That's humiliating in its own right.

Advertisement

Animated GIF

Advertisement
To be fair though, last season was as catastrophic of a period for OU as it was for Miami. OU got blanked by their chief rival - they did not even register a first down. They didn't even attempt a pass in the second half. That's humiliating in its own right.
Not a fan of Oklahoma, but yeah, that was one season. Coach Ven better get his stuff together or they'll chase him out of town.

Wow... I didn't realize it was that bad.

Wow... I didn't realize it was that bad.
They had lost their starting quarterback and perhaps their backup in the previous weeks, so their quarterback position was very shaky going into the UT game. They stopped trying to pass in the first half against the Longhorns and basically had conceded by half time - Id never seen a team do that before. Especially against your top rival. I’ve seen blowouts in rivalry games (FSU gettingg destroyed in 2020, Miami in 2022), but in each case the losing team was still trying to do something throughout the game, to get something positive. OU was acting like an NFL team with a 28 point fourth quarter lead that was trying to burn through clock and minimize injury risk.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back