What is acceptable for next year?

What should be the minimum expectation?

I think we should be in serious contention to play for the ACC title going into the last ACC game or 2 at the very least next year i.e. 9 wins.

This is a bad conference and VT whether they are young or old, seem to be able to win their 10 games and have a shot at the title game. I dont expect us to be a full blown national power until about 2014, but starting next year we should be winning at least 9 games with a serious shot to play for the ACC.

Advertisement
We need to be in close contention for the Coastal next year, if not the winner. Anything less than 8 games is a failure. 8 may be too.

Advertisement
I see three losses on paper going into next season.

FSU, VT, and ND. How many beyond that, we'll see, but we should be even on the rest although Kansas State is possibly another loss.

Really, our prospects for next year look worse than this year.

10 wins

Every position should be better off next year than it is this year with the exceptions of QB, C, maybe WR, and maybe LB. If Williams/Morris can play as well as Harris has (which is good, but inconsistent), we'll have a nice year. Our linebackers are mostly young, so they have a lot of room to grow, but they will probably need at least one true freshman to play as well as Perryman has this year.

Well let's look at the schedule:

Home: FSU, NCSt, UNC, VTech, B-Cook, USF
Away: KState, BC, Duke, GTech, UVA
Neutral: NotreDame

A lot of tough games on the schedule: FSU, VTech, UNC, @KState, @GTech, @UVA, Notre Dame. I think we have 5 wins in NCSt, B-Cook, USF, @BC, @Duke so it will depend how we do in our tough games. I think if someone handicapped the games right now we would be underdogs to FSU, @KState, @UVA, Notre Dame and maybe @GTech.

I'm going to say 8-9 wins. There are still massive holes in the secondary and QB play is going to decide our record.

Advertisement
Can't say until I see what players we bring in and what players leave. Do we go after a couple JUCO players on Defense? Does Tommy Streeter make the terrible team and personal decision to leave too early? Does Brandon Washington get a crazed idea to cash in his draft stock? Does Seantrel transition into our legitimate Left Tackle? Does Marcus Forston play for more than 6 plays? Does........Ryan Williams steal the job from Stephen Morris?!

So many questions. At base, I'd like to see us win a few close games. As someone stated earlier in the thread, we have lost every single one!

Well let's look at the schedule:

Home: FSU, NCSt, UNC, VTech, B-Cook, USF
Away: KState, BC, Duke, GTech, UVA
Neutral: NotreDame

A lot of tough games on the schedule: FSU, VTech, UNC, @KState, @GTech, @UVA, Notre Dame. I think we have 5 wins in NCSt, B-Cook, USF, @BC, @Duke so it will depend how we do in our tough games. I think if someone handicapped the games right now we would be underdogs to FSU, @KState, @UVA, Notre Dame and maybe @GTech.

I'm going to say 8-9 wins. There are still massive holes in the secondary and QB play is going to decide our record.

Our toughest ACC games are at home, at worst we should be 2-1 if there is progress made from this year to next.

Can't say until I see what players we bring in and what players leave. Do we go after a couple JUCO players on Defense? Does Tommy Streeter make the terrible team and personal decision to leave too early? Does Brandon Washington get a crazed idea to cash in his draft stock? Does Seantrel transition into our legitimate Left Tackle? Does Marcus Forston play for more than 6 plays? Does........Ryan Williams steal the job from Stephen Morris?!

So many questions. At base, I'd like to see us win a few close games. As someone stated earlier in the thread, we have lost every single one!

I agree with this. So many unknowns to say for sure.

Advertisement
Don't have any, then U won't be disappointed. Miami is losing a lot more talent then they're bringing in. It's been this way since 2001.

It's amazing that we do this to ourselves every single season. I see people talking about winning ten games, winning the ACC and I ask myself how they are coming to these conclusions. We don't even know who the **** the quarterback will be, we don't know if all of our play makers will be back, **** some would say that the coach may not be here. If we get good play at the quarterback position and if the secondary can somehow dramatically improve, then I would say 9 wins would be about right, but who the **** knows if that will happen?

It's just too early to make predictions in my opinion.

I want to see a 10 win team that challenges for an ACC title. Not sure that can hppen with the question marks we are bound to have, but those are my expectations and seem realistic as Golden gets more players to buy into his program.

Advertisement
this team is on the right track. in years past, if we get down to FSU on the road 23-7 then we end up losing 37-7. Same with the VT game this year.

this team is tougher and doesn't quit. that's a GREAT sign for the future. and with coach golden continuing to instill his philosophies then next season there is no reason we shouldn't win the ACC. we'll have KSU on the road early but we'll have FSU/UNC/VT at home.

9 regular season wins. I want to throw in an ACC title appearance, but not sure if that should be an expectation yet.

I agree with this. But assuming kids come back and no more than ordinary injuries, my view is we should see continued progress in coaching indicators (execution, mental mistakes, tackling, S&C, e.g.). Additionally, we should obviously win some close games -- IMO that'll happen just by chance -- losing them all is improbable. Schedule will be harder and we lose some good players but I'd say 9 wins is probably a fair expectation. This team has got to step forward. 8 wins wouldn't do much for my confidence, that's for sure.

Advertisement
Back