What if,

Can't scheme for opponents except for ND and VT last year along with 8 other teams right? Or FSU twice?

Please don't be a fan anymore

Why are you crediting him with every win but not all his loses?

We have more unimpressive loses than we do impressive wins.

We do more bad than good on the field. That’s coaching

Advertisement
Why are you crediting him with every win but not all his loses?

We have more unimpressive loses than we do impressive wins.

We do more bad than good on the field. That’s coaching
I hold him accountable for his wins AND his losses. Unlike those saying he hasn't done anything and literally only pointing to last Saturday. I'm a realist, not an emotional wreck after a loss.

When our season goals are out the window that is when things get real

2016 record 9-4
second in coastal and a bowl win

2017 record was 10-3 first in coastal and a loss in ACCC

2018 CMR somehow manages to righten the ship. Canes finish 11-3, respectable performance in ACCC and win a bowl game. Even if it's riding the D and barely getting by on O. Does this change your opinion of CMR and where the future lies. Maybe, and I do mean maybe. CMR knows what he is doing. Let's face it I do not see any Willis Mcgahee, Andre Johnson, or Sanatana Moss' on this team. If anything the young bucks appear to be more likely to fit the profile. Now if we could only find a scrawny kid from Cali to lead this team..
You forgot “what if we lose 3 of the next 4.........”

2016 record 9-4

2018 CMR somehow manages to righten the ship. Canes finish 11-3, respectable performance in ACCC and win a bowl game. Even if it's riding the D and barely getting by on O. Does this change your opinion of CMR and where the future lies. Maybe, and I do mean maybe. CMR knows what he is doing. Let's face it I do not see any Willis Mcgahee, Andre Johnson, or Sanatana Moss' on this team. If anything the young bucks appear to be more likely to fit the profile. Now if we could only find a scrawny kid from Cali to lead this team..

I’m good with 11-3 and improvements this offseason.

Advertisement
2016 record 9-4

Maybe you don’t see any of those types of players because guys like Jeff Thomas and Lingard are playing in this **** pile offense.

I didn't know we need them to beat UVA or Pitt. What does that say about Richt?

Agreed, it's a strange comment when the defense side of the ball has guys getting national recognition. It's the offensive coaches job to develop the talent just like the defensive coaches have done. And the funny thing is the defensive staff has gotten ****ted on for the misses in recruiting while the offense has gotten praised for the talent they have brought in.

Advertisement
2016 record 9-4

My butt still hurts from UVA loss - the mismanagement of it.

Agreed, it's a strange comment when the defense side of the ball has guys getting national recognition. It's the offensive coaches job to develop the talent just like the defensive coaches have done. And the funny thing is the defensive staff has gotten ****ted on for the misses in recruiting while the offense has gotten praised for the talent they have brought in.

Richt was an “offensive guru”. It is funny because Golden was a defensive guru yet their sides of the ball are the ones with the actual major issues.

I hold him accountable for his wins AND his losses. Unlike those saying he hasn't done anything and literally only pointing to last Saturday. I'm a realist, not an emotional wreck after a loss.

When our season goals are out the window that is when things get real

I guess it was a goal, like last year with Pitt, to continue to lose to teams with drastically inferior talent. So when we lost to UVA, we accomplished that.

Advertisement
I pray to god this happens but the chatter saying richt has lost the team is not good man

And I am a fan for life always have been. I was born into it. That **** ain’t changing anytime soon
That chatter is just on this board with the same usual suspects, c'mon man you're smarter than that

I guess it was a goal, like last year with Pitt, to continue to lose to teams with drastically inferior talent. So when we lost to UVA, we accomplished that.
You're right. We should never lose a game ever. Just like bama

Can't believe Clemson didn't fire dabo after Pitt two years ago, or after Syracuse last year

You know dabo record in year 3? Since you love stats and context.. I'll let you look it up

I pray to god this happens but the chatter saying richt has lost the team is not good man

And I am a fan for life always have been. I was born into it. That **** ain’t changing anytime soon

Agree with this. Any sign of diversity next Friday and this team might crumble.

I’ll hope for the best.

Whatever happens, Jon’s gotta move to make space for Kendal Briles in off-season. Dude is only making $400K at Houston.

Advertisement
2016 record 9-4

He’s available
ken-dorsey.jpg

The UVA loss was horrific on so many levels. Much of which falls squarely on Richt. For me personally, it was one of the most frustrating losses I've experienced in 20+yrs of being a die hard Canes fan. But let's not forget that bad losses happen to just about everyone. ****, the greatest team ever assembled in CFB was 12 yards away from losing to a terrible Boston College squad. They found a way to pull it out, and that's why they're the GOAT, so I'm not comparing the two. But the loss in Charlottesville does not have to define CMR's tenure in Coral Gables. The sky is not falling.
Last year he failed against teams equivalent to Virginia last year. This is a yearly thing with Richt coached teams. He just can't put away inferior opponents because his coach style keeps them around allowing them to build confidence and some of them gets fortunate enough to snatch the game away from us!

Looking for Richt to change at this juncture of his coaching career is only setting themselves up for disappointment!

Advertisement
Back