What if,

OilCaneBoy

Sophomore
2016 record 9-4
second in coastal and a bowl win

2017 record was 10-3 first in coastal and a loss in ACCC

2018 CMR somehow manages to righten the ship. Canes finish 11-3, respectable performance in ACCC and win a bowl game. Even if it's riding the D and barely getting by on O. Does this change your opinion of CMR and where the future lies. Maybe, and I do mean maybe. CMR knows what he is doing. Let's face it I do not see any Willis Mcgahee, Andre Johnson, or Sanatana Moss' on this team. If anything the young bucks appear to be more likely to fit the profile. Now if we could only find a scrawny kid from Cali to lead this team..

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m more curious to what happens post season... like if we close with another qb or make any staff changes for the love of god then I would be content

Advertisement
I didn't know we need them to beat UVA or Pitt. What does that say about Richt?

Man, we freaking lost to UVA. Could not even score. ****... I know our QB's suck and Oline is a problem. But we are talking about UVA. Truthfully, the O looked as crappy, might even say worse against UNC. It's just that the D bailed them out

Man, we freaking lost to UVA. Could not even score. ****... I know our QB's suck and Oline is a problem. But we are talking about UVA. Truthfully, the O looked as crappy, might even say worse against UNC. It's just that the D bailed them out
The UVA loss was horrific on so many levels. Much of which falls squarely on Richt. For me personally, it was one of the most frustrating losses I've experienced in 20+yrs of being a die hard Canes fan. But let's not forget that bad losses happen to just about everyone. ****, the greatest team ever assembled in CFB was 12 yards away from losing to a terrible Boston College squad. They found a way to pull it out, and that's why they're the GOAT, so I'm not comparing the two. But the loss in Charlottesville does not have to define CMR's tenure in Coral Gables. The sky is not falling.

2016 record 9-4
second in coastal and a bowl win

2017 record was 10-3 first in coastal and a loss in ACCC

2018 CMR somehow manages to righten the ship. Canes finish 11-3, respectable performance in ACCC and win a bowl game. Even if it's riding the D and barely getting by on O. Does this change your opinion of CMR and where the future lies. Maybe, and I do mean maybe. CMR knows what he is doing. Let's face it I do not see any Willis Mcgahee, Andre Johnson, or Sanatana Moss' on this team. If anything the young bucks appear to be more likely to fit the profile. Now if we could only find a scrawny kid from Cali to lead this team..

And what if it doesn’t ?

Advertisement
Bruh u say UVA like it’s Bethune or even FIU lol. They are conference opponent. U acting like they can’t play ball at all lol. We aren’t bama losing to vandy..as much as y’all want to live in the past..just stop. At this point miami is what we is..a program after 16 years of bs on the right track

No matter what he does from here, I could never forgive him for his inability to scheme for opponents. Even if he suddenly became the worlds best OC, I will still be mad that he didn’t do that from the start.

I’m done with Richt
Can't scheme for opponents except for ND and VT last year along with 8 other teams right? Or FSU twice?

Please don't be a fan anymore

If we go 11-3 after all this garbage it would be an incredible feat cause i don't think richt can do it

If we go 11-3 after all this garbage it would be an incredible feat cause i don't think richt can do it
And why is that?

He won 10 last year on a harder schedule and a worse team
You guys are implorable, don't be a fan later in the season

Advertisement
giphy.gif

And why is that?

He won 10 last year on a harder schedule and a worse team
You guys are implorable, don't be a fan later in the season
I pray to god this happens but the chatter saying richt has lost the team is not good man

And I am a fan for life always have been. I was born into it. That **** ain’t changing anytime soon

Advertisement
Sure, but it is not going to happen. I see two more losses on the schedule. I think the reason Miami has had multi game losing streaks in both seasons is that when teams get enough film, they can figure out Richts plays with about 90% accuracy based on pre snap formation and personnel (Rick has no motion and really no disguising of plays). Rick's personal belief is that if everyone does their job, then the play will succeed even if the D knows what the play is because of our athletic superiority. Maybe he is right.

Problem is that his offense requires absolute perfection on blocking, timing, and routes, and someone is always going to make a mistake so the whole thing implodes. Since he doesn't disguise his plays, there is little chance the defense (especially a disciplined one) will be caught off guard, which is when a good qb can improvise and make a play even when the original play breaks down.

I'm on record as a fan of the offense Cristobal is running at Oregon, because he has added more emphasis on power rather than just finesse. Even if the OL misses a block, there is so much pre snap movement and confusion that there is a good chance the QB will find an open WR, and even if not, then the QB run is open. As it stands, teams know what Rick is calling, and I think he is going back to Rosier because he can count on him to run the play EXACTLY as Rick has designed. I (and most of the posters here) have realized that will not work anymore.

Last edited:

It is the offensive coaching. Get some competent coaching and all of the sudden we can handle a sub-par opponent.

The UVA loss was horrific on so many levels. Much of which falls squarely on Richt. For me personally, it was one of the most frustrating losses I've experienced in 20+yrs of being a die hard Canes fan. But let's not forget that bad losses happen to just about everyone. ****, the greatest team ever assembled in CFB was 12 yards away from losing to a terrible Boston College squad. They found a way to pull it out, and that's why they're the GOAT, so I'm not comparing the two. But the loss in Charlottesville does not have to define CMR's tenure in Coral Gables. The sky is not falling.

I know, UGA wants him back.

Advertisement
Back