What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

Advertisement

Butch was right in that first article...Why TF should He have had to pay back **** near His entire salary if He would've left after 01'? No coach in his right mind with a competent agent that was in demand as Butch was would've taken that $h!tty offer.

Also, Butch turned Cleveland down twice...once in 98', and in January of 01' before UM tried em' with that bull$h!t *** buyout clause.

He also turned down the Texans & Alabama jobs.

If turning down more lucrative jobs while coaching in the midst of some of the worse sanctions in NCAA history isn't loyal, then I don't know what to tell ya'!

Last edited:
Butch was right in that first article...Why TF should He have had to pay back **** near His entire salary if He would've left after 01'? No coach that was in demand as Butch was would've taken that $h!tty offer.

Also, Butch turned Cleveland down twice...once in 98', and in January of 01' before UM tried em' with that bull$h!t *** buyout clause.

If turning down more lucrative jobs while coaching in the midst of some of the worse sanctions in NCAA history isn't loyal, then I don't know what to tell ya'!
Walked into a F-ing **** HOLE that NO other UM HC had to ever endure....

12170732_938998309471262_407399646_n.jpg
F The Haters.....No F's Given

Butch was right in that first article...Why TF should He have had to pay back **** near His entire salary if He would've left after 01'? No coach that was in demand as Butch was would've taken that $h!tty offer.

Paul Dee knew that Shalala wanted Alvarez...that's not even a secret....and Btw...Butch wanted more $$ for his staff as well.....

Advertisement
If Blake decides to bail later; wouldn’t mind seeing Butch here as an AD in the future.[/QUOTE}

Why? What has he done in an administrative capacity that warrants him getting an interview? Never mind the fact that he's an awful judge of character(Who in their right mind hires John Blake, and keeps him on, despite him being an obvious runner for an agent), he has never served in that capacity in any way shape, or form. He wasn't much of a fundraiser outside of "I need this for my team, give it to me". He isn't the kind of person that would relate well to boosters(From my experience with him, he's a bit of a jackass). This isn't 1968 where coaches would get the AD spot, just to justify them getting a higher than average salary, this is the 21st century where you need someone that possesses the unique skills the position requires

Last edited:
From your experience with him he's a bit of a Jackass??....LoL....and a Poor judge of character??....ROTFLMFAO.....

Advertisement
If Butch stayed he would've been larger than Bear and Saban.

I guess we are going to forget that Butch was beyond awful on game day. I guess we are going to forget that odds are Butch wouldn't have been able to work his magic with underrated recruits as often, once the internet and scouting services took a lot of the mystery out of recruiting.

From your experience with him he's a bit of a Jackass??....LoL....and a Poor judge of character??....ROTFLMFAO.....

He isn't a relatable person, especially when it comes to people outside of the athletic circle. He can be extremely curt and condescending, two things boosters and donors aren't going to deal with well, especially from some ex-coach that has run afoul of the NCAA, and has screwed the institution before.

He isn't a relatable person, especially when it comes to people outside of the athletic circle. He can be extremely curt and condescending, two things boosters and donors aren't going to deal with well, especially from some ex-coach that has run afoul of the NCAA, and has screwed the institution before.
Your a F-ing idiot....I've been close friends with him for almost 24yrs....
#1...UMs TOP Booster Paul D'iMare & Butch are VERY close friends...as are several others....Stop your lies

#1...UMs TOP Booster Paul D'iMare & Butch are VERY close friends...as are several others....Stop your lies
These Donors and Boosters...Ya know...the ones that gave a Thumbs Up to hiring him...should've Sucked his D!ck for the Crap they hired him to walk into.....Yup....the same F-ing Donors and Booster who were Absolutely fine...and turned a blind eye to Erickson's Lack of institutional control from 89-94 that LED to all that BS to begin with....Don't blame Butch for the Quagmire that Dennis left for UM to climb out of....Your Lies and stupidity are the are Tops in the World of Douchbaggery....

Advertisement

No one gives a crap about your friendship with the guy. Congrats, one big booster likes him, the program has dozens of boosters, and I can quote OTHER donors who made it clear that they had no interest in working with the guy. To quote one of those, "Jimmy and Howard were charming, even at their worst, Butch wasn't". It makes sense why you are so desperate for him to get props, never mind the fact that he's at freaking FIU, no one worth a **** has wanted him for the better part of a decade. Yet, people like you want him to be an AD, despite him not having any of the prerequisite skill set.

LOL at your biggest concern being an autocorrect typo, changes nothing about what I said and you should be cautious about stomping your feet in your proclamations about Davis, you're not the only person that knows him...

No one gives a crap about your friendship with the guy. Congrats, one big booster likes him, the program has dozens of boosters, and I can quote OTHER donors who made it clear that they had no interest in working with the guy. To quote one of those, "Jimmy and Howard were charming, even at their worst, Butch wasn't". It makes sense why you are so desperate for him to get props, never mind the fact that he's at freaking FIU, no one worth a **** has wanted him for the better part of a decade. Yet, people like you want him to be an AD, despite him not having any of the prerequisite skill set.
LoL....You have absolutely no idea what your talking about....But since you know him well enough to know what offers he has had (You'd be Shocked)....then theres no sense in continuing.....Could NOT hold ANY coaching job for 3yrs (UNC buyout)...Bucs consultant for a yr...2 yrs as TV analyst....and by then wanted to be close to his Wife and Son....See....I KNOW the facts....not some BS that people think they know....Butch would've absolutely KILLED it at UM from 2001-onward....only a Salty Butch Hater would disagree....

Advertisement
LOL at your biggest concern being an autocorrect typo, changes nothing about what I said and you should be cautious about stomping your feet in your proclamations about Davis, you're not the only person that knows him...
I know him better than you....thats undeniable...and thats all that matters in Ref to this entire conversation.....

I guess we are going to forget that Butch was beyond awful on game day. I guess we are going to forget that odds are Butch wouldn't have been able to work his magic with underrated recruits as often, once the internet and scouting services took a lot of the mystery out of recruiting.
Bowden wasn't an Xs & Os guy....thats why you have coordinators like Micky Andrews and Scott/Richt....Was Butch beyond awful against FSU in 2000??...Was he soooo awful against UF in 2001??....How bout UCLA in 98??....Was it Butchs fault that Portis fumbled against Washington in 2000 that basically cost us the game??...or was it His fault that a Ref spotted the ball a yd short against Penn St, on a run that would've ended the game in 99??.....C'mon man....it was a F-ing MIRACLE he was able to even field a team from 95-97......

LoL....You have absolutely no idea what your talking about....But since you know him well enough to know what offers he has had (You'd be Shocked)....then theres no sense in continuing.....Could NOT hold ANY coaching job for 3yrs (UNC buyout)...Bucs consultant for a yr...2 yrs as TV analyst....and by then wanted to be close to his Wife and Son....See....I KNOW the facts....not some BS that people think they know....Butch would've absolutely KILLED it at UM from 2001-onward....only a Salty Butch Hater would disagree....

I think where you've lost perspective is your defense of him leaving, I don't see anyone questioning his ability, at that time, to lead, and build the program. You really can't come on here and expect most to defend his actions.

Advertisement
Back