What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

17 MFing 1st rounders from 2001-2004 (25 from 95-2004)
FB GPA at its Highest too that point in UM History
All done in 5yrs...minus 31 Schollies....No TV...No Bowl for yr....SI calling for the school to Shut its FB Program down......And you mean to tell me you let that Man walk because of Extension and Buyout Haggling???.....LoL...

Yeah; again I wonder if we had today’s leadership back then, what would’ve been. It may very well be that we never heard of a Nick Saban b/c Butch would’ve had a stranglehold on So Fla’s elite and cherry picked nationally

Advertisement
Yeah; again I wonder if we had today’s leadership back then, what would’ve been. It may very well be that we never heard of a Nick Saban b/c Butch would’ve had a stranglehold on So Fla’s elite and cherry picked nationally
Relly....Imagine what he would have done on a level field?....If you can put 20+ kids into the 1st round (pretty much based on evaluations...) while on severe probation...then think what he would've done from 2001-2010.....

Relly....Imagine what he would have done on a level field?....If you can put 20+ kids into the 1st round (pretty much based on evaluations...) while on severe probation...then think what he would've done from 2001-2010.....

I stopped thinking about it a while ago b/c it would just hurt. 2001 was great; but honestly I haven’t really recovered since 2002 and all I ever think about is what if Butch stayed?

I stopped thinking about it a while ago b/c it would just hurt. 2001 was great; but honestly I haven’t really recovered since 2002 and all I ever think about is what if Butch stayed?
It's all good though....I'm 100% behind Richt...hope he Wins Multiple NCs...I hold absolutely no ill will....but there are some things that puzzle me....Can they be corrected??..Absolutely....but it remains to be seen.

Advertisement

and? Who gives a crap about "think of what", if you want to circle jerk Davis because he's a family friend that's your arrogative, but don't get all puffy when posters call him out for being the POS that he was. He lied to Miami and his players, then negatively recruited using a players DEATH.

FFS this need for some, not you Dynasty;), to want to erect a statue for the guy because of what he did 30 years ago is weird and kinda creepy.

and? Who gives a crap about "think of what", if you want to circle jerk Davis because he's a family friend that's your arrogative, but don't get all puffy when posters call him out for being the POS that he was. He lied to Miami and his players, then negatively recruited using a players DEATH.

FFS this need for some, not you Dynasty;), to want to erect a statue for the guy because of what he did 30 years ago is weird and kinda creepy.
Thats my arrogative??....Cool....

Couldn't come to an agreement on buyout....
Rellyrell....Don't get me wrong....I was so Mad when he left I was livid....Mad at UM....and Mad at him....but as time went on...(2001-2004)...and I saw the rewards of his evaluations from 95-2000...I was upset that UM could've done alittle more to keep him.....He deserved a much better deal in my opinion....If Richt is Worth 4.2 a yr....Then why wasn't Butch Worth 3.5 - 4 a yr??

Can you really listen to yourself.

The ONLY reason you worry about buyout amount is IF you know the possibility of you wanting to leave soon is very very HIGH
Otherwise why would you give a **** how much it costs you or someone else to buyout your contract??
UM Butch
You're ok with the pay? YES
You're ok with the bonus? YES
You're ok with the work environment? YES ......But that buyout number has to change...
REALLY?? Why u planning on leaving?? SORRY but I'm very firm on that

FINALLY ( IF this is the actual reason) that provides some clarity on why UM won't give him the time of day now.
Why he became persona non grata. Drop all the talk about his being loyal and wanting desperately to stay at UM, both parties were savvy negotiators seeking to protect their personal interests and I have no issue with that.

Lets be realistic and stop pretending that poor ol Butch was railroaded out of here. His own greed did him in if your statement is correct.

Seems he wanted the bonus money and outta here ASAP. Seems there is no doubt that he had Cleveland in his back pocket already or why else would buyout even matter IF he was loyal and this is where his heart was.. Seems He was clearly trying to make it easier on Cleveland to get him out and keep a bonus check. Seems in the end Cleveland's offer made the whole situation moot for Butch. This is all conjecture on my part but when you follow the money, and anger, it all adds up

That is why UM in the end saw how they were being played and WILL hold this "you tried to F-ck me grudge" till **** freezes over. Its clear UM wanted him to stay.

As I said before I wished he had stayed. But he didn't.

Whose fault is that???? BUTCH's..... everything except a buyout you liked .......WTF!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you really listen to yourself.

The ONLY reason you worry about buyout amount is IF you know the possibility of you wanting to leave soon is very very HIGH
Otherwise why would you give a **** how much it costs you or someone else to buyout your contract??
UM Butch
You're ok with the pay? YES
You're ok with the bonus? YES
You're ok with the work environment? YES ......But that buyout number has to change...
REALLY?? Why u planning on leaving?? SORRY but I'm very firm on that

FINALLY ( IF this is the actual reason) that provides some clarity on why UM won't give him the time of day now.
Why he became persona non grata. Drop all the talk about his being loyal and wanting desperately to stay at UM, both parties were savvy negotiators seeking to protect their personal interests and I have no issue with that.

Lets be realistic and stop pretending that poor ol Butch was railroaded out of here. His own greed did him in if your statement is correct.

Seems he wanted the bonus money and outta here ASAP. Seems there is no doubt that he had Cleveland in his back pocket already or why else would buyout even matter IF he was loyal and this is where his heart was.. Seems He was clearly trying to make it easier on Cleveland to get him out and keep a bonus check. Seems in the end Cleveland's offer made the whole situation moot for Butch. This is all conjecture on my part but when you follow the money, and anger, it all adds up

That is why UM in the end saw how they were being played and WILL hold this "you tried to F-ck me grudge" till **** freezes over.

As I said before I wished he had stayed. But he didn't.

Whose fault is that???? BUTCH's..... everything except a buyout you liked .......WTF!!!
Your an Idiot....Everything you just said is total BS.....Go sit your Know nothing *** in the corner, with the other BS spewing Faqquits that have become commonplace around here....

Your an Idiot....Everything you just said is total BS.....Go sit your Know nothing *** in the corner, with the other BS spewing Faqquits that have become commonplace around here....

I've treated you with respect. Don't start name calling with me. Losers only do that when they cannot refute the facts so I won't join in. Those are the facts YOU presented. I've negotiated numerous corporate buyouts so I know what time it is.

Now you want to present it as if your friend was the total victim. Simply not true IF the facts you gave are true.

Face your own truth CinO. You're obviously too close to this to face reality

If this can't be reasonably discussed .....even using the facts you gave ......lets just not discuss it at all.

Everything except the buyout. JEEZ that says a lot

Last edited:
I've treated you with respect. Don't start name calling with me. Losers only do that when they cannot refute the facts so I won't join in. Those are the facts YOU presented. I've negotiated numerous corporate buyouts so I know what time it is.

Now you want to present it as if your friend was the total victim. Simply not true IF the facts you gave are true.

Face your own truth CinO. You're obviously too close to this to face reality

If this can't be reasonably discussed .....even using the facts you gave ......lets just not discuss it at all.

Everything except the buyout. JEEZ that says a lot
You do NOT Know the facts...THAT'S what the point is....Your just spewing off with inaccuracies to the point of exhaustion....
You have NO idea what happened between Butch and UM....NONE....except to regurgitate more misinformation at a ridiculous rate....

You do NOT Know the facts...THAT'S what the point is....Your just spewing off with inaccuracies to the point of exhaustion....
You have NO idea what happened between Butch and UM....NONE....except to regurgitate more misinformation at a ridiculous rate....

IF that's true then you're the source of the misinformation. Because I simply re-stated what you posted and carried it to its logical conclusion....not the one that you're trying to push here....and that angers you?

Nothing I've said, doesn't make complete sense in view of what occurred.

The ONLY reason you worry about buyout amount is IF you know the possibility of you wanting to leave soon is very very HIGH. That's a fact.

If you agree on the salary, bonus etc ......then its obvious that they want you to stay. IF you're arguing buyout its obvious that you're considering other options. I have no ax to grind. Everyone does what is in their best interest.

UM met all his other conditions ( according to you) except the buyout

He was obviously far more concerned about leaving......WTF would you worry about a buyout IF ALL your other conditions were being met and you wanted to stay. IF what you said is correct, Let's stop this poor victim BS and call it as it was

I'm simply calling it as you presented it. If you disagree then we simply disagree and there is no further reason for us to discuss this. In fact its clear that we have nothing else to say on this subject especially when you start denying what you've said yourself ( in bold) because it no longer suits your agenda. Twist it any way you want. We're done here

I'm long over this and could care less about the woulda, coulda, and shoulda's. Fact is he left. We survived it. DONE. I'm only concerned now about how well we do with CMR. This subject is dead to me. You can name call to your hearts content. Changes nothing for me.

So CinO have a good one. I'll continue to do fine and I hope you will also

Last edited:
Advertisement
IF that's true then you're the source of the misinformation. I simply re-stated what you posted and carried it to its logical conclusion....not the one that you're trying to push here....and that angers you?

Nothing I've said, doesn't make complete sense in view of what occurred.

The ONLY reason you worry about buyout amount is IF you know the possibility of you wanting to leave soon is very very HIGH. That's a fact.

If you agree on the salary, bonus etc ......then its obvious that they want you to stay. IF you're arguing buyout its obvious that you're considering other options. I have no ax to grind. Everyone does what is in their best interest.

UM met all his other conditions ( according to you) except the buyout

He was obviously far more concerned about leaving......WTF would you worry about a buyout IF ALL your other conditions were being met and you wanted to stay. IF what you said is correct, Let's stop this poor victim BS and call it as it was

I'm simply calling it as you presented it. If you disagree then we simply disagree and there is no further reason for us to discuss this. In fact its clear that we have nothing else to say on this subject especially when you start denying what you've said yourself ( in bold) because it no longer suits your agenda. Twist it any way you want. We're done here

I'm long over this and could care less about the woulda, coulda, and shoulda's. Fact is he left. We survived it. DONE. I'm only concerned now about how well we do with CMR. This subject is dead to me. You can name call to your hearts content. Changes nothing for me.

So CinO have a good one. I'm good
I'm MORE than good as well....but let me make this perfectly clear.....I'm a Very Loyal person...anyone who knows me will tell you that.....I'm also a very good judge of character...I know Butch....I Love Butch....Nothing will EVER change my mind....Ask someone who actually played for Butch (Brooklyndee) about him....Anyone who thinks Butch Recieved a fair shake at the end of 2000 are clueless....As far as Coach Richt....I hope NOTHING but the best for him...his family and for the program...I don't want anyone to think I harbor any ill will towards him.....MainLine Cane...I will defend Butch till I'm Dead....But as you said..."It's over and it's time to move on"

Advertisement
ROTFLMFAO at left UM scrambling....So much so...that Alvarez was a Clinton Portis and others March into Dee's office from becoming UMs next coach....You make it sound like NOBODY in the country wanted that 2000 UM team.....Stop it.....

Advertisement
Back