What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

If he was we would be hearing on monday night football.....Landon Collins the U......Odell Beckham The U......Lasean McCoy the U..........and a whole lot of others

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sports teams will hire rapists, murderers, and other scumbags without hesitation if the scumbags will make the team money. There are coaches who did far worse than Butch (in terms of involvement with cheating /moral turpitude) who easily landed other high profile gigs.

I have what I call my "restaurant rule" that keeps me from getting food poisoning. If it is dinner time and I don't see any customers inside a restaurant, I'm not going to eat there. Why? Because if the food was good there should be at least some demand (good restaurants tend to have a steady clientele).

After Butch was canned by UNC, NO ONE wanted a HC who not only had NFL experience but also built the best team in college football history. After all the time passed and he wanted to get back into coaching, his only coaching offer came from FIU. The big programs have unlimited resources to look into a coach's background, and the fact that he could only get one offer from a struggling non P5 program tells me that college ADs knew that something was rotten with Davis.
LoL....1st off....he could NOT coach FB ANYWHERE for 3yrs (part of buyout at UNC)
2nd...He worked for Tampa Bay Bucs as a consultant for a yr....followed by 2yrs as ESPN Analyst....as far as other offerings...he definitely had offers...but wanted to stay closer to home (Bonita Springs) and to be close to Tammy and Andrew.....Once again...know the facts...or STFU....

As much as I love Butch, we gotta let that ghost go, man. We arguing about hypotheticals out here! Lol. We gotta put all our resources in to getting behind Richt. We’re on the upswing.

Let’s just thank Butch for he what he did; but, at the end of the day, he did leave us. I know he regrets his decision, and maybe if we had the type of leadership we have today, he would still be here. Maybe not. Again, that’s a hypothetical we will never know.

What we do know is that we have far better leadership, and a far more loyal coach, today. This will no longer be a destination job, maybe for our assistants which I hope is true b/c that lends credibility to the head guy, but Richt is here to stay. I think he’ll have us w another monster. 1 National title and it’s bye bye SEC, guaranteed.

Advertisement
Thats not the point.....the point is....he Beat UM....and his Staff he put together at UNC was alot better than UMs.....Bottomline

Yes CinO he beat Miami....you expect me or any real Cane fan here to cheer for that?

I'm a Cane fan 1st. I'm not ANY coach's or player's fan 1st. I put no individual above the Canes

While I respect any opponent and can acknowledge their performance, I'll be danged if I ever get to the point o_Othat I'm celebrating or bragging about any opponent beating us.

Butch is no longer a Cane. He left, he's gone and he'll gets no cheers from me when he's on the other side

Like I said before ...to me "He's now just another opponent that must be beaten down"

Yes CinO he beat Miami....you expect me or any real Cane fan here to cheer for that?

I'm a Cane fan 1st. I'm not ANY coach's fan 1st. I put no individual above the Canes

While I respect any opponent and can acknowledge their performance, I'll be danged if I ever get to the point o_Othat I'm celebrating any opponent beating us.

Butch is no longer a Cane. He left, he's gone and he'll gets no cheers from me when he's on the other side

Like I said before ...to me "He's now just another opponent that must be beaten down"
To you.....in my case he's a personal friend for 24yrs...who treated me and my family like Gold....Of course I wouldn't root for FIU to Beat UM.....But I'll be damned if I won't root for Butch to do extremely well.

As much as I love Butch, we gotta let that ghost go, man. We arguing about hypotheticals out here! Lol. We gotta put all our resources in to getting behind Richt. We’re on the upswing.

Let’s just thank Butch for he what he did; but, at the end of the day, he did leave us. I know he regrets his decision, and maybe if we had the type of leadership we have today, he would still be here. Maybe not. Again, that’s a hypothetical we will never know.

What we do know is that we have far better leadership, and a far more loyal coach, today. This will no longer be a destination job, maybe for our assistants which I hope is true b/c that lends credibility to the head guy, but Richt is here to stay. I think he’ll have us w another monster. 1 National title and it’s bye bye SEC, guaranteed.
Far more Loyal than Butch??....5yrs of EXTREME loyalty under JJ....and 6yrs of EXTREME Loyalty to UM from 95-2000....If ANYTHING....UM wasn't Loyal to Butch....

Advertisement
aq.gif

Tell me when it's Sept. 2nd

Advertisement
Far more Loyal than Butch??....5yrs of EXTREME loyalty under JJ....and 6yrs of EXTREME Loyalty to UM from 95-2000....If ANYTHING....UM wasn't Loyal to Butch....

U know what; u have a fair point. Could u enlighten us as to why he really left? It’s been a lot of hearsay.

U know what; u have a fair point. Could u enlighten us as to why he really left? It’s been a lot of hearsay.
Couldn't come to an agreement on buyout....
Rellyrell....Don't get me wrong....I was so Mad when he left I was livid....Mad at UM....and Mad at him....but as time went on...(2001-2004)...and I saw the rewards of his evaluations from 95-2000...I was upset that UM could've done alittle more to keep him.....He deserved a much better deal in my opinion....If Richt is Worth 4.2 a yr....Then why wasn't Butch Worth 3.5 - 4 a yr??

Couldn't come to an agreement on buyout....
Rellyrell....Don't get me wrong....I was so Mad when he left I was livid....Mad at UM....and Mad at him....but as time went on...(2001-2004)...and I saw the rewards of his evaluations from 95-2000...I was upset that UM could've done alittle more to keep him.....He deserved a much better deal in my opinion....If Richt is Worth 4.2 a yr....Then why wasn't Butch Worth 3.5 - 4 a yr??
17 MFing 1st rounders from 2001-2004 (25 from 95-2004)
FB GPA at its Highest too that point in UM History
All done in 5yrs...minus 31 Schollies....No TV...No Bowl for yr....SI calling for the school to Shut its FB Program down......And you mean to tell me you let that Man walk because of Extension and Buyout Haggling???.....LoL...

Advertisement
Back