What I find hilarious!!

jw410

Senior
Banned
Some of the buckeyes and SEC boys are getting those 5th year options declined over the past three or four years.. I keep telling yall crown them if you want to.
Darron Lee jets
Robert Nkemdiche
Gaeron Conley
Malik Hooker
Todd Gurley career is done after next year
Bud Dupree
DJ Humpries.. got the contract but I think he's not good
Leonard Fournette

etc.

just shows what a crap shoot this all is!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
What I have never understood is what exactly the powers that be in Chicago saw in Mitch that made them think he was the kind of guy you literally mortgage your future for? I mean he wasn't like an Andrew Luck coming out of college or anything. He was an ok QB from a middle of the pack ACC team. Nothing he did in college stood out to me like that, at all. What kool aid did they drink?!?

What I have never understood is what exactly the powers that be in Chicago saw in Mitch that made them think he was the kind of guy you literally mortgage your future for? I mean he wasn't like an Andrew Luck coming out of college or anything. He was an ok QB from a middle of the pack ACC team. Nothing he did in college stood out to me like that, at all. What kool aid did they drink?!?
I'll be asking that same question for the rest of my life. I knew once they drafted him that he wasn't going to be anything special

Some of the buckeyes and SEC boys are getting those 5th year options declined over the past three or four years.. I keep telling yall crown them if you want to.
Darron Lee jets
Robert Nkemdiche
Gaeron Conley
Malik Hooker
Bud Dupree
Leonard Fournette

etc.

Malik Hooker is a good player. There's weird contract language in that 5th year option that almost makes it not worth it in some $ cases. Hooker is one of 2-3 Safeties I hope the Dolphins look at picking up next season (if the Colts ultimately let him loose).

Advertisement
Malik Hooker is a good player. There's weird contract language in that 5th year option that almost makes it not worth it in some $ cases. Hooker is one of 2-3 Safeties I hope the Dolphins look at picking up next season (if the Colts ultimately let him loose).
He can’t stay on the field.

He can’t stay on the field.
Which is why they're not risking the guaranteed 7M on that 5th year. But, he's still a talented kid. Hope he has a mediocre year and the Phins snag him at value in the FA market.

Darron Lee jets
Robert Nkemdiche
Gaeron Conley
Malik Hooker
Bud Dupree
Leonard Fournette

etc.

Have you made a list of OS* and SEC players over the 3-4 that did not get their options declined?

The SEC just had 15 first round picks, not sure now is the time to bag on their NFL careers......

The 5th Year option is expensive, man.

Fournette would have made over 8M in 2021 again. He's already the 5th highest cap hit at RB in the league. Malik Hooker's 5th Year option would have made him the 8th highest paid FS in the league.

Just because those options are declined doesn't mean those players are bad necessarily or busts...but those 5th year options are just expensive.

Advertisement
Darron Lee jets
Robert Nkemdiche
Gaeron Conley
Malik Hooker
Bud Dupree
Leonard Fournette

etc.

When Gurley was healthy he was a beast. So was the rams offense. Injuries have taken its toll.

Typical Bears move. If he has a **** year this year, he will be a backup at most for the rest of his career.
Yea I saw enough hes done, they traded up to get him to. Shows they dont know wtf they are doing. He had one year at UNC and played ACC comp and had accuracy issues recipe for disaster

Which is why they're not risking the guaranteed 7M on that 5th year. But, he's still a talented kid. Hope he has a mediocre year and the Phins snag him at value in the FA market.
Availability is important skill.

Advertisement

He's great on the back end. But having that safety net is essential.

What's crazy, even though they declined his 5th year, they can still use the franchise tag right? lol

Darron Lee jets
Robert Nkemdiche
Gaeron Conley
Malik Hooker
Bud Dupree
Leonard Fournette

etc.

Real recognize real.

In our golden era, we had the same issue. We had a lot of busts.

The SEC is a meat grinder. Why go there, get drafted in the 1st round and only have a 5 year career, when you can come to Miami, give 50%, leave early and go on the 3rd day or be an UDFA?

The 5th Year option is expensive, man.

Fournette would have made over 8M in 2021 again. He's already the 5th highest cap hit at RB in the league. Malik Hooker's 5th Year option would have made him the 8th highest paid FS in the league.

Just because those options are declined doesn't mean those players are bad necessarily or busts...but those 5th year options are just expensive.
Exactly. It is a little tougher decision for GM's to keep when year 5 rolls around.

Advertisement
Back