What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

Mario is Golden.

A loser.

I disagree with that but to each their own. I think we should bring in one of either Diaz/Mario, butch, and then two from the rest. Either Campbell or brown or other names that have been mentioned. I don’t want Diaz personally but I would interview 4-5 candidates and then bring in 2 for a second interview and offer.

Advertisement
There's reason to be questionable of him but his track record has been very successful in developing offenses at Okla, Utah St, Mizzou & UCF. I don't think he'll stay undefeated there but he could've easily dropped multiple games this year but his Offense was such that they were able to pull it off.

I think if you pair him with a great DC it makes for a deadly combo because that offensive system with our talent & the recruiting pool we draw from in South Fla would fckin Earthquake the ACC. We'd never be out of a game because of QB or OL, I can guarantee you that.

Even if it's not him, I feel the same way about Norvell & Babers, we need a high caliber QB developer.

Like I told reg, I think getting your mind set on hiring an offensive guy is a mistake. Hire the best head coach you can get, including as a recruiter. The rest can take care of itself if you hire a good coordinators.

No more quick fixes to solve last week’s problem.

Take your time and don’t worry about someone being a schematic genius.

“Hire in haste, regret in leisure”

First off, shouts out to coach richt and the job he did here, congratulations. I see alot of really dont have a clue on part of what made Miami great and alot of it had to do with hiring coaches with Miami ties. Coach rumph and coach diaz didnt need a learning curve, but coach banda is a fast learner. You go all the way back to the championship years, no staff was constructed without coaches that had Miami ties, they were either from here or played here. Whatever coach that is brought in, he would be wise to keep coach rumph, coach banda and jess simpson.

Im not trying to put the blame on anyone but im curious to know how many tackles did our linebackers have against wisconsin.

This next headcoach hire is going to be interesting, whoever it is, he's going to have to be a guy that understands Miami and the type of players he'll be coaching, otherwise he's going to be in for a culture shock with the players and the city!
Lol.

Schnelly was Oc to Bear Bryant and Don Shula. JJ was not a Miami guy. Dennis was a west coast guy. Butch was a JJ guy.

We don’t need miami connections. We need great coaches.

I disagree with that but to each their own. I think we should bring in one of either Diaz/Mario, butch, and then two from the rest. Either Campbell or brown or other names that have been mentioned. I don’t want Diaz personally but I would interview 4-5 candidates and then bring in 2 for a second interview and offer.

We did no search. We did no interviews.

We paid $4MM (to Temple) to promote our DC.

How did that work out last time for us?

Advertisement
Like I told reg, I think getting your mind set on hiring an offensive guy is a mistake. Hire the best head coach you can get, including as a recruiter. The rest can take care of itself if you hire a good coordinators.

No more quick fixes to solve last week’s problem.

Take your time and don’t worry about someone being a schematic genius.

“Hire in haste, regret in leisure”
Well, they just hired Manny Diaz, so there goes that lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Somebody here has to be a pilot or own some kind of plane that can get to Ames, Iowa by tomorrow.
Totally agree. Matt Campbell is an absolute genius. He has a great offensive mind. He has 2-3 star guys competing at the upper echelon of the Big 12 and they showed well against Washington State in their bowl game.

At minimum Blake should inquire of any interest in Miami.

Isn’t it illegal or at least against policy for Miami to not run a search that includes diversity candidates? Did James violate institutional policy? Multi-million dollar job and he didn’t even interview any blacks, or women, or even a non-white Hispanic.

Isn’t it illegal or at least against policy for Miami to not run a search that includes diversity candidates? Did James violate institutional policy? Multi-million dollar job and he didn’t even interview any blacks, or women, or even a non-white Hispanic.

I like where your head is at. Let's riot. We'll start by egging the Hecht Center.

WE'LL MAKE SHAKE SHACK THE RALLY POINT. WHO'S IN???

isn't diaz and cristobal the definition of diversity candidates? he literally checked all the boxes on those 2 alone.

Advertisement
Back