What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
A good coach is a good coach anwhere. But I’d prefer a guy like Neal Brown over Campbell. Atleast he’s familiar with the southern athlete
I like Campbell’s offensive scheme for sure but there are some unknowns if he can hang with recruiting against the sec and all of that in Florida too

Advertisement
Are you unable to read?

Read my post again.
Are you caught up on the losing record part? 4 games over 500 at Oklahoma state vs a complete rebuild ar FIU needs to be taken into account when looking at this.

And as for losing records, some guy in New England had a losing record with the browns when the patriots hired him...how did that work out?

Again, I’m not clamoring for Mario but think there is more to it than his w/l record. He would have to hire great OC/DC to make it work in my opinion but I would like to see him recruit for us.

Every one of those coaches has a better career record as a HC than Mario. And no offense, but you were like one of the biggest Richt supporters on the board so......
I dont know what mario is as a coach and its definetly a BIG risk. But he did take over fiu when they were past being even shît. They had only had a team like 4 or 5 years.

Advertisement
Are you caught up on the losing record part? 4 games over 500 at Oklahoma state vs a complete rebuild ar FIU needs to be taken into account when looking at this.

And as for losing records, some guy in New England had a losing record with the browns when the patriots hired him...how did that work out?

Again, I’m not clamoring for Mario but think there is more to it than his w/l record. He would have to hire great OC/DC to make it work in my opinion but I would like to see him recruit for us.

It said the last coach. The last coach. The last coach. That would be ALbortion.

So you can’t read.

Meyer
Freeze

Babers, Brohm, Brown, Campbell, Norvell

Butch, Leach
Mario
Diaz

Fold the Program

Kiffin

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least manny knew he needed to make changes to take his defense to another level. Not saying he is the one.

A part of me wants us to hire Mario or Dino just to **** off the pretentious fans at Oregon or Syracuse. Both schools have done jacksh*t all time and think they're top schools. It would be interesting to see Oregon get burned a second year in a row.

Advertisement
If Mario is indeed the choice we wait till February. That atleast would be smart. To hire him now is silly.

Neal Brown
Barbers
Norvell
Heupel

All deserve to be looked at.

Things appear that we are panicking and going after Mario.

As a fan I can live with hiring a guy like Brown or Babers. They’ve atleast shownthey can develop and win. These are far more important then having Miami ties or other local bull****. They are proven guys with a track record.

Mario: his calling is bc he “learned” under Saban. Give me a break. He hasn’t done ****. Hey may turnout to be the next Saban, but he is a very risky hire.

Sabans Tree is massive, but how many guys have had big time success? Not many. More have failed then succeeded

These are all things Blake should look at.

I think Diaz could succeed here too, but I'm most concerned about how he would recruit. I think he would hire an innovative oc and would keep the status quo on D, which is what we need. However, I don't believe he would ever recruit as well as the top programs.

Our linebackers were never highly recruited kids. They were all easy grab kids in the state of Florida, usually south Florida. Additionally, his side of the ball failed to close on countless big targets (Shawn Davis, Heritage corners, Chris Henderson, Anthony Solomon) and were flatly ignored by others (Daniel Wright, Cyrus ***an, Brian Burns, etc.).

I would expect Diaz to keep some of the offensive staff as well. We've had our struggles with some of those guys too. To me, Diaz is a recipe for more of the same.
Diaz wouldn’t be my first choice, but if what your saying is, defense would still be awesome and offense would be good with an innovative OC hire. That sounds like wins to me? Wouldn’t winning help make Manny a better recruiter?

Advertisement
Back