What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
lol ok. I guess if you are fine getting raped in recruiting. Norvell and Huepel would be awful hires.

Babers I'd take but he's had 1 winning P5 season, and youre claiming he's proven. He's a risk too and he's a poor recruiter
Every one of those coaches has a better career record as a HC than Mario. And no offense, but you were like one of the biggest Richt supporters on the board so......

Miami looking at the most lazy and predictable candidates possible -- color me shocked. I said to myself we're not out of the clear yet with Richt leaving and I would only get excited if the trickle of information in the coming days of possible candidates were legitimate, innovative guys and of course the opposite comes true.

Here's hoping all these insiders have no real sources and are just parroting what each other are saying.

Advertisement
Your are slow. Schnelly has one of the best pedigrees around. He leaned under GOATS.

Just bc Lane acts like a complete shmuch doesn’t mean he can coach or run a big time program.

If it wasn’t for his daddy’s last name he would be a nobody. Just like nobody would know who Mario is if was never a CANE!

Neal ****** brown
I actually watched part of Troy’s bowl game and wished we could be that creative on offense. Questions would be can he recruit on this level and does he have any pull w/ getting strong assistants. Make an aggressive hire, don’t be left holding your d*** all the time waiting for guys to “cut their teeth “ elsewhere. Find the next Urban Meyer before someone else does. Missed on Babers once, maybe it’s his time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good coach just not sure how he would hang in the recruiting climate of south Florida

A good coach is a good coach anwhere. But I’d prefer a guy like Neal Brown over Campbell. Atleast he’s familiar with the southern athlete

I am not as negative on Diaz as some here. Not pushing him, but I think his Miami ties are interesting. If anyone could figure out how to get our recruiting game working SEC style, it’s probably Manny.

He understands our brand and defensive approach.

He knows how to pick apart offenses, so I think he could hire and manage an innovative OC.

Not experienced enough, amd did not recruit well enough, and not sure on evals. But some interesting positive attributes.

I think Diaz could succeed here too, but I'm most concerned about how he would recruit. I think he would hire an innovative oc and would keep the status quo on D, which is what we need. However, I don't believe he would ever recruit as well as the top programs.

Our linebackers were never highly recruited kids. They were all easy grab kids in the state of Florida, usually south Florida. Additionally, his side of the ball failed to close on countless big targets (Shawn Davis, Heritage corners, Chris Henderson, Anthony Solomon) and were flatly ignored by others (Daniel Wright, Cyrus ***an, Brian Burns, etc.).

I would expect Diaz to keep some of the offensive staff as well. We've had our struggles with some of those guys too. To me, Diaz is a recipe for more of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back