What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
Coach Richt just did us a favor by leaving millions on the table.
Do we take those millions and hand them to Oregon for Mario?
That is a terrible business decision.
We need a proven HC with a smaller buy out and let him spend millions getting the right OC & DC.
Easy.
Oh and we keep Hartley and Simpson on staff.

Advertisement
The only thing that matters to you is recruiting Brock lol We need an innovative offensive mind that can actually develop a QB.
Nah man it’s not lol.

But Just look at the previous ties he’s had coaching qbs for him.

Marcus arroyo is an option who is grooming Justin Herbert who would likely have been a top 5 pick if he came out this year and then another assistant he had coaching for him in the past at fiu was James coley. Coley is doing a **** good as the qb coach for uga the last few years

Advertisement
1546225604289.png

Advertisement
Nothing like those 2 at all.
My point is we seem to have a fascination with former players who become good coaches. Tbh i was excited with both hires, but now we owe it to ourselves, as in the university and the BOT cause they call the shots, to do our due diligence and not just go with the guy who won a couple of national championships 89/91 and who is also a good recruiter but went 4-7 his last year at fiu and just went 8-4 in the worst P5 conference.

Advertisement
Everyone against having a CEO type aka Mario, you do realize Saban, Urban, and Dabo all are CEO guys. They might have specialties but none of them call plays.

Whoever we hire, we need to put a MUCH greater emphasis on having coordinators who are up to snuff. We've had way too many NoDs, Nix's and Thomas Browns. Clowns that aren't fit to call plays for an FBS team. I'm fine if they go with a CEO type AND pony up for the coordinators. But the CEO has to be capable of finding great assistants, and holding them accountable. Enough with the damned nepotism.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back