What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
I am not as negative on Diaz as some here. Not pushing him, but I think his Miami ties are interesting. If anyone could figure out how to get our recruiting game working SEC style, it’s probably Manny.

He understands our brand and defensive approach.

He knows how to pick apart offenses, so I think he could hire and manage an innovative OC.

Not experienced enough, amd did not recruit well enough, and not sure on evals. But some interesting positive attributes.
i agree., think he would be a solid hire at worst. paired with an up and coming OC could really make things work

i mean only one thing was really lacking and it was offense, getting manny at least ensures we keep our defense

Advertisement
.Dino is the first choice and if he says no, they’ll settle on Mario.

Butch and Diaz convos are for the fans.

The Temple Players must be ****ed. So must the Temple Athletic Department.

NOT a good look. If any of this is true, Manny is acting like a Croot changing hats on Signing Day.

HARD PASS.
It's his dream job. He's not getting it anyways, though.

Advertisement
I think Butch is the most desperate to win a title. It would be an obsession. That's what I want a 3 to 4 year long, staff steroid injected rush to the top.

Problem is most people know that would be his shelf-life and it would impact his recruiting.

Just for giggles, talk to me about Mario’s staff at Oregon? I know about Leavitt dating back to his “punching” days at South Florida. He can coach D. No doubt. But, what about Marcus Arroyo, the OC? Other staff members?

Advertisement
if he comes coley will be oc or co-oc to focus on recruiting and leavit would probably be dc but a former cane wants it too.
This worries me. After the first scripted drive, Coley sucked as an OC. Did people already forget? Mario needs to go in a different direction than him.

Why not just go leach and get him a dc?
Can't recruit & we need a young innovator, Leach's disciples are Leach but 15-20 years younger without all the weirdness & they actually believe in running the ball. Just pair one of them with a good DC & you get the same results, plus high level recruiting.

Advertisement
If Miami is smart and stop using emotions, they go get Dino Babers. Check that man track record and look what he is doing in the same league we are, with far less talent. No one wants to go to Syracuse and he managed to win 10 games, not playing trash teams like Golden did. Beat Clemson and send their QB to the hospital twice. Thats the man to hire not any of these emotion hires

So we mope about richt then mope about a potential replacement then mope about moping. This place is hilarious.

Advertisement
What about pro coaches who are fired -- like Dirk Koetter (has HC experience running a high octane, wide open ASU offense),

Advertisement
Back