What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
I think Mario before Alabama is different than today’s Mario’s. @Stefan Adams said it best, he’s an elite recruiter and ran a fun Offense in Oregon. I don’t particularly love Mario but I certainly don’t hate it.

He's not an elite recruiter. First he was running around with the Alabama "A" on his hat which even made Kul an elite recruiter and now he's got Phil Knight's money behind him and a new coach bump class. And if the the rumor of him with Coley being some sort of agreed upon package deal is true then he can GTFO. You've got a a seasoned guy on his staff in Arroyo who actually runs a spread that isn't bogged down by ole halfback pass in the snow Coley's decision making.

Advertisement
I think Mario before Alabama is different than today’s Mario’s. @Stefan Adams said it best, he’s an elite recruiter and ran a fun Offense in Oregon. I don’t particularly love Mario but I certainly don’t hate it.

He probably brings Leavitt as well as possibl
If it is Cristobal, he's bringing Marucs Arroyo with him.

My thought was Arroyo stays to be HC in Oregon. He is pretty popular out west.

Advertisement
I am not as negative on Diaz as some here. Not pushing him, but I think his Miami ties are interesting. If anyone could figure out how to get our recruiting game working SEC style, it’s probably Manny.

He understands our brand and defensive approach.

He knows how to pick apart offenses, so I think he could hire and manage an innovative OC.

Not experienced enough, amd did not recruit well enough, and not sure on evals. But some interesting positive attributes.

Oh, blow it out your butt. Stop whining like a little kitty.

You started it ******. You had to comment on my ******* thread when you should have been posting less and listening more you.....what’s the name......Richt slurper.

Any great supervisor/manager/CEO is only as good as the people they surround themselves with. They establish a vision, convey it their people, provide the tools necessary for success, and allow them to implement said vision while overseeing their performance.

My first priority would be to hire someone that is capable of creating a vision, surrounding themselves with the right people to implement that vision, and has the willingness to allow those people to bring said vision to reality.

There's reason to be questionable of him but his track record has been very successful in developing offenses at Okla, Utah St, Mizzou & UCF. I don't think he'll stay undefeated there but he could've easily dropped multiple games this year but his Offense was such that they were able to pull it off.

I think if you pair him with a great DC it makes for a deadly combo because that offensive system with our talent & the recruiting pool we draw from in South Fla would fckin Earthquake the ACC. We'd never be out of a game because of QB or OL, I can guarantee you that.

Even if it's not him, I feel the same way about Norvell & Babers, we need a high caliber QB developer.
Why not just go leach and get him a dc?

Advertisement
and just where did you hear these rumors??? BS post
Lol on here. I believe Barry Jackson reported that he wasn’t the only on that interviewed. Can’t remember who the first guy was but he decided to stay so they turned to Diaz.

I’m not going to make something up. Why to disparage Diaz. Even if he was temples first choice, you still ok hiring a guy who’s never been a head coach and we beat out temple for?

If Manny thought he could get a better school he would’ve waited. It’s a lazy hire. Just like promoting patke and banda were lazy hires.

Mario recruiting like he has been and that lunatic as a d coordinator could work... just don’t dig the one back O out of the attic.

Oh

you tell your connects we’ll settle if...IF he gets leavitt or John Heacock from ISU to come with as DC and Warren Ruggiero, Mike Wright, or Brett Faulkner to come with.

I know this won’t do anything but I just felt I needed to make this clear.
:q3xkxex:

Advertisement
I am not as negative on Diaz as some here. Not pushing him, but I think his Miami ties are interesting. If anyone could figure out how to get our recruiting game working SEC style, it’s probably Manny.

He understands our brand and defensive approach.

He knows how to pick apart offenses, so I think he could hire and manage an innovative OC.

Not experienced enough, amd did not recruit well enough, and not sure on evals. But some interesting positive attributes.
Diaz isnt even all that great at recruiting.

Advertisement
The Temple Players must be ****ed. So must the Temple Athletic Department.

NOT a good look. If any of this is true, Manny is acting like a Croot changing hats on Signing Day.

HARD PASS.

Advertisement
Back