What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
I think Butch is the most desperate to win a title. It would be an obsession. That's what I want a 3 to 4 year long, staff steroid injected rush to the top.

Advertisement
Josh Heupel
Mike Norvell
Dino Babers

Give any of those 3 Miami talent & we smoke the ACC.

I love Manny, but he needs to stick with Temple & prove he can get it done there for a few years before he's a legit candidate. I wish he would've just stayed on staff as the DC, but it's clear he wants to be a HC somewhere.

Mario is 35-52 as a HC, Butch turned FIU around in just 2 years & Mario was there for 6 and couldn't do it. One year at Oregon & all he's proven is that with a potential top 5 1st round QB the best he can do is go 8-4. He's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes & people are falling for it.

Heupel took over a winning program and had. Stud QB. Not sold on him at all but wouldn’t start flying planes either if he was picked Just bc I didn’t agree.

Advertisement
I really hope we take a good look at Mike Leach he should be the 1st option followed by the Syracuse guy then Mario/Butch

I don't want Diaz period. Under no circumstances. Just pointing out a situation where an assistant is promoted and succeeded. And Dabo actually sucked in the beginning. Even had a 6-7 season two years in. Doubt he would have survived past that point here.

I get you but he wasnt OC/DC

Let’s say it’s Mario, he doesn’t call plays on either side of the ball right? So he could hire a legit OC and DC?

Advertisement
**** that Diaz my @ss . We have money use it right . We’re tied of those lazy *** hires . We need coach who can recruit and develop kids . When was the last timebwe had ol coach who can produce ?

Advertisement
No. Just proving that you have no ground to stand on. But spin this any way you want. Your comments are irrelevant and I’ve proven that.
You’re a quick poster, prematurely at times. Read my posts that you reposted (I wasn’t the only one with those sentiments, we all got duped). But I do mention year three success, predicated on continued winning. That did not happen. Which is why I call for a thorough thought process before we hire anyone. Do you have a problem with that? Seems to me you have actually proven my point. No spin.

Cribby, whats your big problem with Mario? Again he's not my top choice or even in my top 3, but I dont think this would be terrible...

His name being brought up every time there’s an opening. Actually it’s the same lame names, and the only reason most of them come up is they’re connected to Um. That’s it.

If Mario hadn’t played here his name would never be mentioned.

I just wish we could have a search one time without the same lazy names.

I do think there’s positives about Mario, he’d bring toughness , recruiting and knows the program.

I just wish we’d think outside the box for once.

Advertisement
Id be good with Cristobal, to be honest. I think he's gotten plenty of seasoning the past few years...

Only in a CEO role as the head recruiter in chief and the vision guy and the motivator on the sideline. If he got that from Saban, then maybe. He would have to be given a top rate OC and DC for this to work.

Advertisement
Back