What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
They also all won national championships before bailing. One of those things is not like the other.
come on, you mean to tell me coker won us 01? I credit Butch for winning us 01 by building the greatest team of all time.

Advertisement
Honestly its hard to really hold the FIU run against him all that much. I think its very difficult to sustain success long term at those kinda programs. Again, before people jump on me, I dont think he's perfect, but I like Mario, overall. NOt my first choice but I wouldn't hate it

Define turned it around at FIU. 27-47 is a turn around?

Let's be real. Cristobal would have Miami in the top 5 of recruiting. The guy learned a lot under Saban. I'm assuming that he would bring Leavitt with him which the SFL def. players would love playing for him.

I like it. I think Mario can win big here and Miami is just like Oregon. IDC what you say, there is plenty of talent here to win 10 games next year and go to ACCCG.

Also, Mario would kick the **** out of our OL.

I don’t know if Mario would but Alex Mirabal who he would bring with him would definitely kick the **** out of our OL.

Advertisement
I wouldn't mind Mario. Guy has a feisty demeanor, can flat out recruit and Leavitt is a **** of a defensive coach if he came over here. No doubt Cristobal would hire a proper OC as well. Personally I want Campbell or Babers but we could do way worse than Mario.

he was fired at FIU because FIU had ****** as administrators. It was universally agreed that Cristobal got ****ed over by FIU.
Pete Garcia knew him from Miami. They were boys or at least collegial, something went down there. Maybe just a clash of egos.

Advertisement
Thought I saw where NY Cane or NBrunner said Flake was not included in this hiring process.I hope this Manny stuff we are hearing doesn’t turn into another Dimare situation where a guy gets hired because a couple of big boosters threaten to pull their money like Flake did with Gino's Daddy.

I’d be all for bringing back Butch with manny as maybe the CIW But If it’s between that and a Mario and Levitt combo give me the Oregon duo.

But I really hope they exhaust the Babers and Campbell’s of the world before settling on either of these scenario’s.

he was fired at FIU because FIU had ****** as administrators. It was universally agreed that Cristobal got ****ed over by FIU.

Mario was so good after FIU. He was such a hot name. Mario's agent couldn't contain the heat. That is why he waited seasons to get another HC gig. Way too much heat.

The BoTs and the administration are going to have to work on this one like their paychecks hinge on this one decision. Neither Butch, Mario, Manny nor any of the other potential candidates are going anywhere in the next week or two. Why not take their time? Why run around panicked like there’s only one date and a dozen suitors left? We need to do our homework! No more brain farts on this key decision.

Advertisement
come on, you mean to tell me coker won us 01? I credit Butch for winning us 01 by building the greatest team of all time.

That's not the way the world works. He gets credit for building a great team (then leaving), not winning a national championship. If Leach wins a natty next year at Miami, you going to call Rick one of the GOATs?

For you BBB ***aloons from Manny's Athletic article ....

"Although Davis had a groundswell of support from former players and boosters, he “bombed the interview” when he blew off questions about the NCAA’s probe into improper benefits given to players when he was the coach at North Carolina. "

Advertisement
Admin want's a quick search to prevent the class from exploding, to keep some of our major guys from transferring, and to not look like they're completely incompetent. They're not going to hire a guy like Manny to keep this subpar class together. They know they need to get this one right. Also, Blake's job depends on it and he knows it too.

WHAT CLASS?!? ANYONE THAT WANTS TO TRANSFER GET THE **** OUT!!! NOT ONE GUY ON THIS TEAM... NOT ONE IS WORTH RUSHING THIS HIRE!!

I got such a bad feeling about this.

It's going to be, in no specific order, Butch, Babers, or Cristobal. Leach won't get a look because of the PR issues (I know it's a stupid reason but some people in the BOT and in the Admin think this way) and he's also had subpar seasons at WSU and TTU. Campbell doesn't seem like he has any interest, Neal Brown is too young and coaching in the G5, and Manny has no HC experience period.
You know this from contacts you have inside the program FL or just speculation?

I feel you , I just feel that kiffin fits what Miami has been missing . We’ve been away from our brash personality for far too long. People say he’s a failed coach but guess what so was Schnellenberger and so was jimmy Johnson.

Your are slow. Schnelly has one of the best pedigrees around. He leaned under GOATS.

Just bc Lane acts like a complete shmuch doesn’t mean he can coach or run a big time program.

If it wasn’t for his daddy’s last name he would be a nobody. Just like nobody would know who Mario is if was never a CANE!

Neal ****** brown

Advertisement
Back