What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Let's be real. Cristobal would have Miami in the top 5 of recruiting. The guy learned a lot under Saban. I'm assuming that he would bring Leavitt with him which the SFL def. players would love playing for him.

I like it. I think Mario can win big here and Miami is just like Oregon. IDC what you say, there is plenty of talent here to win 10 games next year and go to ACCCG.

Also, Mario would kick the **** out of our OL.
Sorry. But that’s exactly what we said about CMR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because he doesn't come with a pedigree. He was a GA at FSU in 1999 then followed Amato to NC State. How'd that work out for Chuck? Bounced around program to program. As a position or coordinator, has he ever been with a program that has at least one its conference?
Exactly. He wasn’t a bad DC but he’s proven nothing to be a head coach, much less at Miami.

I used to be very against Mario but I’ve come around. His recruiting would be fun to watch.

No on Kiffin though man. The guy has had the complete opposite trajectory you are supposed to have as a coach.
I feel you , I just feel that kiffin fits what Miami has been missing . We’ve been away from our brash personality for far too long. People say he’s a failed coach but guess what so was Schnellenberger and so was jimmy Johnson.

Advertisement
Id be good with Cristobal, to be honest. I think he's gotten plenty of seasoning the past few years...

I agree. Plus he's young. Having spent time under Saban is huge. Concerning FIU. He took a bad FIU program turn it around and got a bowl game win. His firing was because of personal difference with AD Garcia
He beat a good Charlie Strong's Louisville team and we lost to them with Golden. Taggart was one year at Oregon and it was a mess. He will turn around Oregon. He is bringing in a awesome class for Oregon.

Miami is unique. You've got to understand the dynamics, Butch and Mario understand . We can't go outside with a coach that doesn't understand the dynamics. Both Mario and Butch have solid HC experience . Spend big money on a quality staff

Let's be real. Cristobal would have Miami in the top 5 of recruiting. The guy learned a lot under Saban. I'm assuming that he would bring Leavitt with him which the SFL def. players would love playing for him.

I like it. I think Mario can win big here and Miami is just like Oregon. IDC what you say, there is plenty of talent here to win 10 games next year and go to ACCCG.

Also, Mario would kick the **** out of our OL.
That’s a good take but I’d want to know why he was fired from FIU and I just don’t know about the guy. If he weren’t a former Cane I don’t think we’d be paying as much attention to him.

Why are you guys so against Diaz? Just because he coached with richt? There’s no way they would hire and let him do the same thing as richt. They will tell him he needs to hire a legit Oc and staff.

Bc we would have the same ****** green defensive staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny Diaz is a lazy hire.

Let him cut his teeth elsewhere.
Hire Butch. See how Manny does at Temple. If he wins when Butch retires, bring him in and give him money for a top OC who can recruit,
Expect an absolutely idiot hire from this school. This bunch of morons won’t let their bad feelings about Butch go, no matter what.

Advertisement
Back