What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
Absolutely wrong. That is the lazy sloppy conventional wisdom quick-fix route. Everyone wants to contend now. It's the reason we have so many of the dependably loudmouth posters calling for a spread offense. They envision nothing but prancing touchdowns, like South Florida high school games.

The two absolute priorities need to be an elite recruiter who prioritizes a big physical nasty team. Once you have those two aspects in place, then it's amazing how many 50/50 aspects fall your way. Those two aspects are what Nick Saban provides. He is running a more wide open offense now but that is hardly Alabama's essence. Once they lose Tua they can go back to winning the lower scoring championship games.

Miami has issues in recruiting. The lack of an on-campus stadium is more of a problem than virtually anyone is willing to concede. There is a reason we lead the nation every year in late decommits and it is not bags. It is the direct late comparison of one program to all other top programs, once visits are taken. Only a supreme recruiter is going to largely deflect that problem.

However, if he is not prioritizing a big ornery team then it won't mean much of anything. We might have a cute contending team once in a while with a cupcake offensive coach but it will be fragile and misleading like 2017. It has to be the type of team that can line up against the Alabama and Ohio State type programs and hold its own on the line of scrimmage. That is what Georgia has accomplished in short order. It is what Miami needs to emulate.

I'm not saying run nothing but I formation. Have all the modern wrinkles like spread and RPO etc. Unless it is a team whose linemen look like Alabama or Wisconsin, and whose linebackers don't get knocked backward on their *** like Quartermann late in the 4th quarter the other night, then all the prancing touchdowns won't mean a **** thing once the true blue blood programs show up on the schedule. Nick Saban saved college football from its worst instincts. If not for Saban then perhaps every top team would be a cupcake like Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, caring about 55-52 and nothing else. Fortunately that is not the case.

This guy might have the worst takes on this board.

I like Diaz but he is far from without any faults. Again I ask You why did our defense come up with terrible performances with everything to play for in most big games?

He is not on my top 5 list, great D's have shutouts and don't lose 4 in a row to horrible teams even if our offense was the worst.

Advertisement
I can tell if they are talking about Diaz being HC they are just lazy and being cheap.. Please tell me when promoting a OC/DC of the HC that just got fired(retired) for a 7-6 team worked out?
dabo-swinney-clemson-tigers-national-title.jpg

Dooger has been a spread hater for **** near twenty years lol. He must not see all the spread principles bama uses. Or the nfl. Or Clemson. Or ou. Or ND. Which was the entire cfp.

Everyone worth a **** at every level uses some form of spread , rpo , zone read , tempo , or all the above.

Just like the typical Miami dummies in this fan base he can’t get his head out of his *** and get with the times.

And at one time I thought he was smart lol.

Shoot me in the face if they rush to make a hire for the sake of recruiting.

NO KID LEFT ON THE BOARD IS WORTH MAKING ANOTHER MISTAKE ON. You fix the head coaching position above all else.....then wins will follow.....THEN RECRUITS WILL FOLLOW

Will these A holes ever learn?

I wish I could upvote this twice

Advertisement
I like Diaz but he is far from without any faults. Again I ask You why did our defense come up with terrible performances with everything to play for in most big games?
I can honestly say I don’t know whose the best candidate for the gig but we can also mention that the defense was on the field repeatedly after the ****load of 3 n outs from the offense. And Diaz is NOT to blame for that ..

Diaz brought us back to at least respectable....I wouldn't mind him but if we can't get Mario,we need Burch for short term and let Manny be the answer 5 years from now!

Mario, Dino or Butch. Do not hire Diaz. If that happens, Miami truly does not care about football at all.

Advertisement
He is not on my top 5 list, great D's have shutouts and don't lose 4 in a row to horrible teams even if our offense was the worst.
With everything to play for they don’t go down 21-0 vs Clemson in the ACC Championship by the end of the first quarter. While the offense gave you a 14-3 lead in the new year six bowl they don’t let a team destroy that lead and make Wisconsin offense look like clemson. Or going down by 14 multiple times to uva for the offense to bail you out in 2017. Or the bowl game debacle 300 plus rushing yards vs wisconsin in which they passed the ball what maybe 6 times? Boston college 2018 game anyone?

Can anyone tell me why Cristobal is such a prize choice??? He has a terrible record and hasn’t done anything of significant!!! Cristobal is equivalent to WILLIE TAGGERT. I would rather much have Manny Diaz than Cristobal.
- No Kingsbury
- No Kiffen
- No Cristobal

Everyone else... let’s roll.
Exactly ...

Advertisement
Lol at Diaz being even considered. He’s plan F. Who else besides Temple offered him a job and based on rumors Diaz was their plan B.

We need a proven coach and I would not cry if the new guy cleaned house especially on offense.

Advertisement
Back