What has Manny done well here?

Can we STOP giving Diaz credit for the T.O Chain? This is the story:

According to the Sun-Sentinel, two weeks before the season started, Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph asked Anthony John Machado, a local Miami jeweler, if he would make a rope chain players could wear after forcing a turnover. Luckily for Rumph, Miami legend Vince Wilfork was in AJ's store during the call, and had a better idea.
The initial thought was a rope chain that players would get to wear after forcing a turnover.
“Naw, man,” chimed in Wilfork, recently retired after a 13-year NFL career. “We got to do the Cuban link, AJ!”
The consensus among the three was a collective “**** yeah!”
“In Miami, what are we famous for? We’re famous for the Cuban chains,” Machado says. “But we need to add a little something to it.
“So we did a big U charm — orange stones, green stones in there to flash it out.”

Advertisement
The only thing I can think of is the thing that he has the least to do with which is the offense. Defense is ***, special teams coverage is very bad. Recruiting is in the toilet, he benefited from Covid and kept JW and LT home. How are we even talking about him coming back?
Nothing but be a politician, it's in his blood!

Advertisement
Recruiting safety, WR, RB, and QB positions.

Give him credit for 4/4 or 0/4 of those - all can be debated. But he failed terribly at LB, DE, and was meh at OL and failed at bringing in numbers at DT. Those 3 positions completely explain his 21-15 record in his tenure here

Slip n slide better than any man I’ve ever seen…

DB15CA89-1D02-4FD8-831B-022C0DC03F9D.jpeg

Advertisement
Can we STOP giving Diaz credit for the T.O Chain? This is the story:

According to the Sun-Sentinel, two weeks before the season started, Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph asked Anthony John Machado, a local Miami jeweler, if he would make a rope chain players could wear after forcing a turnover. Luckily for Rumph, Miami legend Vince Wilfork was in AJ's store during the call, and had a better idea.
The initial thought was a rope chain that players would get to wear after forcing a turnover.
“Naw, man,” chimed in Wilfork, recently retired after a 13-year NFL career. “We got to do the Cuban link, AJ!”
The consensus among the three was a collective “**** yeah!”
“In Miami, what are we famous for? We’re famous for the Cuban chains,” Machado says. “But we need to add a little something to it.
“So we did a big U charm — orange stones, green stones in there to flash it out.”

So TrumpyCane wants to know if this another reason to hate Mike Rumph or not?

Advertisement
The only thing I can think of is the thing that he has the least to do with which is the offense. Defense is ***, special teams coverage is very bad. Recruiting is in the toilet, he benefited from Covid and kept JW and LT home. How are we even talking about him coming back?
Not defending manny but is that the only players you think are good?i would say 70 percent of this team is solid and this number could get higher when more of the younger guys come around.

I’d say the offense along with quarterback room and recruiting. I’m not sure about the culture part. Tbh we won’t know until next. But for sure this Team did not quit on this staff..and we can not say that with prior HCs. So maybe just maybe the Cuban Sith..will hand the reins over to a Cuban darth Vader..hopefully

Last edited:
Advertisement
He unified the fans in a single cause in which change is needed from the top to the very bottom.

Now that we've got that out of the way, anything else we need to pile on him about? Man this place is repetitive.

Became the new National spokesman and face for Slip-N-Slide products.

Taught us all that even when making boneheaded call after boneheaded call, he was still all about flexing on his defense while encouraging them to stop FSU from the 1/2 yard line with 58 seconds left, instead of letting them score.

He may not have the brains, but at least Mandy is full of good old-fashioned spunk.

Advertisement
Back