What has Manny done well here?

Hurricanes Football Dancing GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Jewelry...

I know everybody hates the TO chain & the TD rings, but aside from the foolishness of it, the actually pieces themselves are really fckin nice lol

No Fugazi at all, those are legit crisscut diamonds from AJ the jeweler.
Does Manny get to take them with him..🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
He went to the QB grab bag and actually pulled out some quality.

DK last year single handedly won some games, and both freshmen QBs look like they can be good ones.

Other than that, can't think of much of anything he was above average as a head coach, besides sliding.

Advertisement
I will add that one thing I really liked about Manny was that he wasn't complacent. He identified problems and tried his best to make fixes. He fired all of his buddies on Richt's staff when he was hired. He canned Enos after a year. He went out and got Trob and almost had Jwill to address DB and LB recruiting.

His willingness to make changes was refreshing. I think a lot of us have forgotten how **** frustrating it is to have a stubborn *** coach who is unwilling to recognize problems and make tough changes.

Nonetheless, like I said... he simply didn't win enough.

Advertisement
Wild because if he was able to at the least reproduce the defense he ran under Richt , his job likely isn’t under question right now .
He reproduced that defense but the overall talent on D got worse because he didn’t care to recruit especially linebackers and DE.

Advertisement
The only thing I can think of is the thing that he has the least to do with which is the offense. Defense is ***, special teams coverage is very bad. Recruiting is in the toilet, he benefited from Covid and kept JW and LT home. How are we even talking about him coming back?

I tell what he’s done well here; setting records. Each season he completed feats:

2019: First P5 Coach to lose to FIU & iirc, the first P5 coach to be held scoreless in a bowl game against a G5 team

2020: UNC set numerous ACC, Miami, and NCAA records alone in this single game

2021: First Coach to allow 30+ points in 6 straight games since 1936.

The guy just knows how to rewrite history.

Advertisement
Back