What happens when

Advertisement
Is Butch someone they would go after? I think they would try to go bigger than Butch. They're capable of getting a Gary Patterson type.

With the money they could throw around I don't think Butch will be their guy. They will get a guy like mark stoops or chad Morris. A name everyone will know. Not a guy who coached 5 seasons ago.

Advertisement
Yep, doubt Butch is their man. They will kick tires on Sumlin, Old OC, Briles, Peterson before landing on Butch.

Advertisement
Never would happen and not because it wouldn't be a great fit. Probably an even better fit for them than us as I think Butch would be able to recruit for those clowns even more effectively than he could here. It won't happen because after failing with the "hot coordinator" hire those clowns will never settle on a guy in his 60's that's doing tv and isn't a hot name with anyone but us. Foley's job will be the next one on the line up in that hellhole if he fails on this hire and that jagoff isn't going to go with someone he has to sell to their inbred fanbase.

Butch isnt even on UF list I would bet... they could do a whole lot better than davis

Zero chance. Florida wouldn't even have him on their radar. I hate to put him down, but Butch will never get another premier job unless it's here.

UiF ain't going after Butch man. They've got much deeper pockets and there are bigger catches out there.

Advertisement
They may try and take Strong off UT's hands. He isn't a fit there and would be a better fit at UF. It wouldn't bode well for us. I don't even think UT would give a fight to keep him.

Advertisement
If UF hires a new coach w/ stature and we maintain Golden, we can forget So. Fla recruiting. Right now our biggest competition is FSU. Now if FSU and UF are relevant and we are not...we'll be in a downward spiral.

Florida has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they'd go after a BIG NAME. Maybe even a current NFL head coach.

Advertisement
Back