What Happened To All The Interest In This Job?

Butch @3M plus another @3-4M for staff. Hire top coordinators, OL, and DL coaches. Add young, solid LB and DB coaches. Keep Scott for TEs and Beard for WRs. They've done good jobs. RBs? Find a young, aggressive guy who can double as recruiting coordinator.

I'd love for Barrow to come back but now that he's coaching LBs for Pete Carroll his career went in another direction. He would be someone I'd keep an eye on for a return as DC once he gets more NFL experience.

They won't pay Butch 3 million per, no need to

Advertisement
Butch is the only name we hear because his disciples start 100 threads a day about him.

All we know is a couple of out of work guys have interviewed . You can't interview people with jobs until after the season.

Nobody knows anything else

Or you just dont want to come to grips with the fact that the "pipe dream" candidates dont want the job. Fuente didnt even want to come down for an interview. People keep holding out hope that SOMEBODY prominent has to have interest in this job right? I mean this is the U! Smh. Man F that. This job isnt for everyone. Too much pressure from fans (you have to know that those coaches saw the banner onslaught by our fans.) and even more pressure from former players and alumni. Not everyone is cut out for "this thing of ours".

No ,it's called being realistic. I'm not saying we'll land some homerun guy but it's obvious what stage we're at.

They just started the interview process, it's common sense by looking at the first two guys interviewed , both are out of work.

Sorry I'm not being a negative little female because the hire hasn't been made as soon as I'd like.

I'll wait to the hire before I go into ***** mode.

If after weeks, they haven't already culled scores of coaches out of the equation - they're not doing their job.

There may be three or four they want a face to face with. Should be about done. Everyone else is making final determinations - some already did.

When you have 15 teams making new coaching decisions - you snooze, you lose.

Count me among those who didn't buy into "many high level coaches are interested in Miami job" propaganda spread by UM administration. We may have tried to aim high but I don't think the job itself is appealing to "big established coaches". Dwarf fan base, not a lot of fan support, no stadium, historically no emphasis on football by the university combined with very high expectations and urgent desire to bring back the glory days. Neg me all you want but this job is not for everybody.

I do not think Mullen would be more than 4 million. He wants out and wants to go where he can win NC. If what has been said on here has any merit. I want Butch but think Mullen would be a great hire. Patterson Kelly Butch Mullen. If our coach is on that list I think we did very well( provided budget is there for quality staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back