What happened after the UF game?

Honestly, that first game was obvious fool's gold: a first game that we all thought meant we could have been a likely top 15 team. Maybe we also almost won because neither team had much time to practice (plus Franks instead of Trask played), but we seemed like a better overall team with a ton of hope to maybe finish 11-1 this year based on that game and our eventual schedule.

We even saw Enos with an immaculate first drive to that game and thinking he just needed to focus on that creativity the rest of the year. Maybe Jarren was the issue being his first start ever and/or the O-line being real green.

The way this team derailed though, losing to mediocre UNC because our idiotic ST coach couldn't figure out Baxa sucked by then (or Baker incapable of stopping 4th and 17 with a true FR qb or our cbs getting routinely roasted), and then squeaking by CMU, it just seemed downhill (with some ups and downs) onwards and no attempt to adjust to having a green offensive line, etc. That first game gave the idea so much more was going to happen this year and looking back even though Enos didn't adjust to our O-line or to having any sort of flow to the playcalling there's no way we should have lost to at least four teams the way we did this year based on that first game.

It's not remotely the same team post-La. Tech that we were against UF.

Advertisement
UF has no idea what we were going to do. They couldn’t prepare. There’s enough film now to see how to stop us. UF also had a garbage qb which practically handed us the game on a silver platter. The fact we couldn’t punch it in even after the free first down on 4th and 24 was a bad omen.

A lot of good points and the main theme is we didn't adjust or progress at all on offense (ties in to what you said), but the overall team seemed different then. It's crazy what happened over the course of the year.

I’d actually question wtf happened after Louisville, felt like team maybe was going to get out of its rut and then proceeded to sh*t the bed unlike any other I’ve seen in 30+ watching the canes..
a murderer’s row of pitiful losses (FiU, Duke and shut out by la tech)..

Post-Louisville, I thought we would win out easily and win some crappy bowl game. Maybe the offense had seen the light. Nope: more fool's gold.

The radical inconsistency insinuates a substance less leader.

Advertisement
Post-Louisville, I thought we would win out easily and win some crappy bowl game. Maybe the offense had seen the light. Nope: more fool's gold.

The radical inconsistency insinuates a substance less leader.

post Lville and we wouldve likely ended up playing UF in the orange bowl. Jarren severely regressed since that Lville game. it wasnt even that they picked out what he likes to do, he lost all sorts of accuracy that he previously had.

I’d actually question wtf happened after Louisville, felt like team maybe was going to get out of its malaise and then proceeded to sh*t the bed unlike any other I’ve seen in 30+ watching the canes..a murderer’s row of pitiful losses (FiU, Duke and shut out by la tech)..

I've wondered this as well. My guess is that the kids on the team really wanted that UL game. The team seemed super fired up that day. Unlike any other game this season, aside from the UF game.

post Lville and we wouldve likely ended up playing UF in the orange bowl. Jarren severely regressed since that Lville game. it wasnt even that they picked out what he likes to do, he lost all sorts of accuracy that he previously had.

99% of the time inconsistent players are inconsistent at studying and practicing and focusing.

Given that our QB1 was a guy who pouted and skip practice because he wasn’t the starter tells me everything I need to know about his mental state.

He’s a whiny little quitter.

Whiny little quitters can never be big time winners.

Advertisement
Ahmmon Richards alluded to players losing motivation to win games on the big 3 roll up podcast after the Florida game. Felt like if we won that game then the season would have been different. Feel like people let losing that game dwell in to the next and that people checked out
47:00 minute mark

Ahmmon Richards alluded to players losing motivation to win games on the big 3 roll up podcast after the Florida game. Felt like if we won that game then the season would have been different. Feel like people let losing that game dwell in to the next and that people checked out
47:00 minute mark

lol soft as **** if you lose motivation to win games after week 1. anyone on the team who thinks that way should find the portal

I've wondered this as well. My guess is that the kids on the team really wanted that UL game. The team seemed super fired up that day. Unlike any other game this season, aside from the UF game.
Yeah not even manny’s biggest detractors could’ve predicted three straight losses to such sh*t competition..something internally was afoul during that bye week..

Advertisement
Plenty of us on here said well before the season, that if we lost the Florida game, the season would be lost. It happened. Idk that anybody saw it going up in flames quite like this, but we didn’t know how bad our staff actually was back then either

These qbs we have are FAR from the only problems we have

theyre not the only problem, but theyre a HUGE problem. having good QB play and a leader at that spot goes a long way in hiding your weaknesses. our QB play was horrific along with with the room being a bunch of pussies. along with that, having your QBs either going on leaves or just skipping practices altogether doesnt help. Manny shouldve never let the team vote on JT, JW. the moment JW went AWOL shouldve been it for him. since we dont know the full extent of the TM situation outside of his gf, ill let it be right now.

Advertisement
Team has no fire, that starts at the top. I knew after the Florida game we would roll over. It was important to get that W. Obviously we can’t start the season with big games because we have a tendency to check out if we lose.

This all goes back to the entitled attitude and liking to win more than hating to lose. The team is soft. Manny’s hype job in the off-season did us no favors, only fed the teams ego and they quit after game 1.

theyre not the only problem, but theyre a HUGE problem. having good QB play and a leader at that spot goes a long way in hiding your weaknesses. our QB play was horrific along with with the room being a bunch of pussies.
Sounds like the leadership everywhere on the team is sh*tty if they are certainly players thinking like that

Sounds like the leadership everywhere on the team is sh*tty if they are certainly players thinking like that

outside of a few i agree. you see Shaq cares and does what he can get to the guys going (evidence was last night in his last game trying to do what he can to get guys up and going). we needed that type of leadership and care from the offense esp from the QBs. Deejay was that and he got hurt, but most guys end up looking up to the QB.

Team has no fire, that starts at the top. I knew after the Florida game we would roll over. It was important to get that W. Obviously we can’t start the season with big games because we have a tendency to check out if we lose.

This all goes back to the entitled attitude and liking to win more than hating to lose. The team is soft. Manny’s hype job in the off-season did us no favors, only fed the teams ego and they quit after game 1.

hard to keep a fire going when you know youll play regardless of your actions on or off field. we legit had key guys skip out and do w.e. they want and it didnt matter. they all played

Advertisement
Back