What got Richt to blow up?

And the initial fumble by Wisconsin was coming loose before he hit the ground. I was shocked that that made the correct call on review.

Advertisement
I thought it was our defensive end whipping the right Wis. tackle and on a sure line for a qb sack when he was clearly grabbed by the tackle and of course not called. I think the q.b. threw a Ted on that play.

This. It was Trent coming around the right side on a TD play. Shoulda been holding

And of course the first TD that wasn't a TD that the refs inexplicably reviewed for 5 seconds

No, as noted above the play that got Richt fired up was the hold on Harris on 3rd and 10. It was blatant.

Harris was also held on the subsequent TD pass which looked like a replay of the same hold.

I'm glad Richt went ape****. He should have done earlier in the season as well. The non holding calls against our DL this season having been off-the-charts ridiculous. Didn't we have one holding call against the opposing Ol in a seven game stretch?

Also, I heard (but can't find a replay) that the ref bumped Richt first before he went ape sh*t and grabbed the ref.

It was totally out of character for Richt and probably a cumulative reaction (given the pattern all season). The fact that it was SEC refs who were familiar with him from GA was why he wasn't kicked out of the game.

Jesus.

I’m surprised I have to post this on a Canes forum. This was a B1G Team. That’s all they do is hold. You have to get past the holding and make the play!

Remember what Jimmy taught us after the Notre Dame game in 1988? “Never leave a game at South Bend in the hands of the Officials!”? Well, the Canes forgot that last night, but Wisky didn’t. That’s why they won.

I appreciate richt snapping but he handles it wrong, maybe he realized the turn the other cheek isn't working as bullies don't let up, they double down when u don't fight back.. maybe it's because we were winning and he didn't want to complain but he should of lit acc crew up in media.. get the fine and make it public..

Then next game, announcers n general public will look for it and the refs will "adjust".. coaches do this all the time esp in basketball.. it's worth it.. even if u are winning.. u don't wait til bowl game with another conference crew to snap like Ken shamrock.. that then allows media to question why so angry.. you got to finesse the game better.. part of being a coach..

Couple times in season he was asked directly in media and he didn't take opportunity to call out crazy non hold calls.. either way I appreciate it, we got screwed multiple times this year.. I'm still looking at that strip by McIntosh against fsu and how that was never even reviewed

People don’t realize just how destructive those non calls are. It’s like taking a 5* recruit at D-line and making them 2 and 3* athletes, ....totally takes away the advantage of having superior athletes. It’s complete bullsh1t and Richt should make a national deal out of it....like leaking this stat to ESPN and let them feed off of it. ***king embarrass the ACC into stop ***king these kids over. It’s totally unfair to these kids...and they are just that-kids. I guess it prepares them for ***ery in the real world, but sheesh....

Advertisement
This is why I dont understand people saying the reason we lost is that we got outcoached or whatever.

Coaching didn't blow a holding call (2 actually) that lead to a TD for wisky before half, Coaching didn't turn a TD into an INT when they blew the defensive holding. Coaching didn't throw an awful pick on our own 15 yard line or miss a 20 yard FG.

Were the coaches perfect? **** no. Diaz was pretty bad and Richt had some questionable play calls. However if the refs do their job and Malik is just "ok" the score is probably reversed and nobody is complaining.

Whisky looked like they train holding opponents for a living. Or either they are expert at disguising holds from the refs or the refs are stinking one-sided. I think it's a little of both and Richt was more than justified in blowing up against the conspiracy we witnessed.

I thought it was our defensive end whipping the right Wis. tackle and on a sure line for a qb sack when he was clearly grabbed by the tackle and of course not called. I think the q.b. threw a Ted on that play.

This. It was Trent coming around the right side on a TD play. Shoulda been holding

And of course the first TD that wasn't a TD that the refs inexplicably reviewed for 5 seconds

Wasn’t a TD. It was a first down. Hold was on 3&11 right at FG range. If Harris isn’t held or holding is called, Wisky is punting.

The next play was a TD. Harris was held again with hand to face mask. No call.

Advertisement
meanwhile he yoked up a ref.
They are going to have some 'splaing to do why he didn't get tossed for that.

He grabbed hold of the ref because he was just trying to demonstrate what the right tackle was doing to Harris. Should've gotten him in a headlock.

that why even when i get upset over defense. i mean these guys get away with holding all day. if they called it fair, we would have the qb on his butt almost everyplay

Who can hold the refs accountable for those crucial mistakes so it doesn’t happen all the time should be the big question

Instead of a Terrible Towel like the Steelers it looks like the Canes should hand out crying towels to weep about the officiating every week.

It's like a contest between Dolphins fans and Canes fans to see which fanbase can create the largest tear puddle.

Richt should have been thrown out of the game. I was just glad our recruits were mostly locked up before that stunt can be used against him in living rooms.

Advertisement
People don’t realize just how destructive those non calls are. It’s like taking a 5* recruit at D-line and making them 2 and 3* athletes, ....totally takes away the advantage of having superior athletes. It’s complete bullsh1t and Richt should make a national deal out of it....like leaking this stat to ESPN and let them feed off of it. ***king embarrass the ACC into stop ***king these kids over. It’s totally unfair to these kids...and they are just that-kids. I guess it prepares them for ***ery in the real world, but sheesh....

ESPN controls the narrative and isn’t going to like having Clemson, Miami, and FSU messing up the SEC deal. It’s a **** monopoly. If you don’t believe that fake news runs rampant idk what to say

ESPN controls the narrative and isn’t going to like having Clemson, Miami, and FSU messing up the SEC deal. It’s a **** monopoly. If you don’t believe that fake news runs rampant idk what to say

The announcer even pointed out that Wisky’s corners are known to hold and I think labeled the missed hold on Cager as unfortunate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back