What got Richt to blow up?

Jmhcane

Sophomore
A season of uncalled holding penalties?

There were a lot of big plays, but the uncalled hold on Cager that slingshot the DB ahead for the INT was the worst.There were a lot of big plays, but the uncalled hold on Cager that slingshot the DB ahead for the INT was the worst. The other hold on Thomas that prevented the TD also led to Badgeley's missed FG, but the play calling before the FG was terrible and completely on Richt.

I am glad they had the early signing day so we don't need to re-recruit 19 players.

Play calling needs to get better and so does the QB and OL play, but lack of depth and no QB alternative killed us.

Future is bright, though.

Happy New Year

Last edited:
Advertisement
saw the replay and frankly felt it wasn't worst non-call in the game. a bigger and more blatant non-call was on holding before the endzone pick

maybe it was the accumulation. maybe he was trying to light a fire under his team's ***. but seeing him grab the official was disappointing. he is way better than that. it was a mistake.

saw the replay and frankly felt it wasn't worst non-call in the game. a bigger and more blatant non-call was on holding before the endzone pick

maybe it was the accumulation. maybe he was trying to light a fire under his team's ***. but seeing him grab the official was disappointing. he is way better than that. it was a mistake.

In personally loved seeing the fire from our hc. Did he go a little too far maybe but I understand where the man is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
meanwhile he yoked up a ref.
They are going to have some 'splaing to do why he didn't get tossed for that.
Watching live I thought "oh ****, coach just got himself ejected" :eek:
Granted, they deserved it for the atrocious no holding call, but there are rules about not touching, much less grabbing the refs lol

I thought it was our defensive end whipping the right Wis. tackle and on a sure line for a qb sack when he was clearly grabbed by the tackle and of course not called. I think the q.b. threw a Ted on that play.

I thought it was our defensive end whipping the right Wis. tackle and on a sure line for a qb sack when he was clearly grabbed by the tackle and of course not called. I think the q.b. threw a Ted on that play.

This. It was Trent coming around the right side on a TD play. Shoulda been holding

And of course the first TD that wasn't a TD that the refs inexplicably reviewed for 5 seconds

Advertisement
RT 79 was getting spun like a top by Trent Harris from the start and Harris was getting held from the start.

I was at the game great seats. We were getting held constantly. Harris almost got tossed too for complaining ti the ref and than CMR jumped in.

It is what it is. We have bigger problems

On a side note, Harris will make a really nice backup DE in the league. Not quite enough of an athlete to be a frontline DE, but he should have a solid productive career. The kid knows how to play.

On a side note, Harris will make a really nice backup DE in the league. Not quite enough of an athlete to be a frontline DE, but he should have a solid productive career. The kid knows how to play.

I agree. One of my favorites on this team. He was considered as a "lunchbox" by Golden, but the man's an athlete. I think he will make some $$ in the NFL where they occasionally call holding.

Advertisement
It was a 3rd down play that Harris was hog tied and prevented him from making a play on the QB. QB threw it up for grabs and like every other pass, their guy made the play. Instead of a 10yd penalty and replay 3rd down, we potentially could have not given up a score.

As bad as we were, if we get those two holding calls we might have had a chance to win the game. It was a 14 point swing.

This. It was Trent coming around the right side on a TD play. Shoulda been holding

And of course the first TD that wasn't a TD that the refs inexplicably reviewed for 5 seconds

No, as noted above the play that got Richt fired up was the hold on Harris on 3rd and 10. It was blatant.

Harris was also held on the subsequent TD pass which looked like a replay of the same hold.

I'm glad Richt went ape****. He should have done earlier in the season as well. The non holding calls against our DL this season having been off-the-charts ridiculous. Didn't we have one holding call against the opposing Ol in a seven game stretch?

Advertisement
As bad as we were, if we get those two holding calls we might have had a chance to win the game. It was a 14 point swing.

We win the game if the first Trent hold is called (the long third down conversion that set up the TD) and the DB is called for PI against Cager. We put them out of FG range on the first one. That’s 7 points. We get a FG or TD on the second one. That’s 3 to 7 points. A total of 10-14 points in our favor.

The complexion of the game totally changes with those calls.

[TWEET]947299405270458368[/TWEET]

And that was followed by

[TWEET]947300992160288768[/TWEET]

As terrible as that looks, the context makes it even worse. Those plays aren't just incomplete passes that should have gone against Wisconsin for 10 yard penalties, those are big, turning point type plays IN FAVOR OF WISCONSIN that we're getting screwed on.

[TWEET]947299405270458368[/TWEET]

And that was followed by

[TWEET]947300992160288768[/TWEET]

As terrible as that looks, the context makes it even worse. Those plays aren't just incomplete passes that should have gone against Wisconsin for 10 yard penalties, those are big, turning point type plays IN FAVOR OF WISCONSIN that we're getting screwed on.

Just like the no call on the PI turned a 1st and goal situation in a 3 point game into a Wisconsin ball which then proceeded to take a 10 play drive and burn 5 more minutes off the clock.

Advertisement
Back