What ever happened to Josh Sanguinetti

Advertisement
Bruh is high on Miami because nobody else really wants him

Exactly. When dude had options he was going to pull that BS that most sought after FL kids do. The minute everyone realized he wasn't that talented (and he was shorter then people thought - people thought he was 6'2) now he wants the home town team to save him to put on for the 305 when he couldn't care less when he was getting attention. Hope he likes Nebraska.

Advertisement
His film is legit . He might have ran a 4.8 but most kids in high schools 40 will go down by the time they’re leaving college he might get to a 4.6 which is still on the slower side but he’s got great ball skills I’d take him especially after missing on everyone

He'll end up on scholarship somewhere and wherever that is, it's more than what I would bet 99 percent of the board did with their athletic ability.

I'm all for saying so and so should or shouldn't get offered based on whatever. Reading these comments though, one would think he's some lowlife talentless POS. I don't understand the need for all of that. By all means though, carry on. It's just too bad we can't all be as fantastic and amazing as some of you apparently are.

He'll end up on scholarship somewhere and wherever that is, it's more than what I would bet 99 percent of the board did with their athletic ability.

I'm all for saying so and so should or shouldn't get offered based on whatever. Reading these comments though, one would think he's some lowlife talentless POS. I don't understand the need for all of that. By all means though, carry on. It's just too bad we can't all be as fantastic and amazing as some of you apparently are.
The dude is a top 300 recruit nationally and the #37 ranked player in the state at a huge position of need. There’s no reason anyone should be doubting this guy. He’s a baller on film. Diaz and Panda better be all over this dude.

Advertisement
Dude is out here begging for a spot on this class

He is small, light and unathletic. Even if he's good enough as a prospect he projects poorly for the future. An average athlete before he puts weight to play S on the next level, if he was a 3 star nobody on this board would want him

Last edited by a moderator:
Many NFL safeties run 4.6. It’s the other traits that matter. Football IQ, tackling, ball skills- which he seems to have. Get him in the weight room, make him faster and stronger, redshirt if you have to.

There’s no way he’s worse than Beyoncé, and we need bodies. He has upside.

MAR wants to play offense-RB or WR. Any chance we have better be recruiting him on that side or Canes lose any chance whatsoever
Put Richards in a RB/WR role. If Martin gets the waiver to play next year Richards will be used more as a WR if he comes here.

Advertisement
The dude is a top 300 recruit nationally and the #37 ranked player in the state at a huge position of need. There’s no reason anyone should be doubting this guy. He’s a baller on film. Diaz and Panda better be all over this dude.

He has dropped 217 spots in the 247 composite since his initial ranking (currently at 251) after a poor Spring. And that's largely based on E$PN's ranking of him at 162 -- neither of the other services has him in their top 250. 247 has him as a 3* outside their top 500, and Rivals has him as a 4* outside their top 250. His testing numbers this Spring are subpar for a HS safety this class across the board (especially in the vertical jump, which is a good indicator of explosiveness that, personally, matters more to me than his pedestrian 40 time).

He looks better on film than he does at camps, performing drills, or testing. And he does appear to have excellent ball skills on film (even in the camp drills where he otherwise did not stand out). Maybe he had a bad Spring and tested poorly for reasons that have nothing to do with his athleticism. I find it unlikely, but who knows. To me, he looks a tad slow coming out of his backpedal and was having trouble keeping up with guys when they broke on him (and did not have the speed to make up lost ground), but I am by no means an expert on DB play and I am admittedly watching a handful of drills, highlights, and 1 v. 1 tapes.

IMHO he's a high floor, low ceiling type of prospect that will be limited by his athleticism at the next level, and who will need to work in the S&C program to put on some good weight and gain some explosiveness. You guys are all free to disagree. But to say there is "no reason" to doubt his ability to perform as a safety at the P5 level is just not objectively true. Sanguinetti is not an elite, can't miss safety prospect -- those guys don't come in at 5'11" 170lbs, run a 4.86s 40, put up a 4.53s 20-yd shuttle, and vertical jump of 28.5. There is plenty of room for doubt with this prospect. That being said, if he ends up in this class, I will be right there with you and @SayWhat hoping the kid is successful here and looking forward for a future, "in your face," bump thread.

Advertisement
If he plays faster than he tests I say sign him. Camp settings are BS anyway, game isn’t played in shorts. Sounds like his skills could be a good fit for the “Styker” position. I agree w/ @Zbrod95 , we need more football players.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back