What do you think

CanefaninBuckeyeland

The Shogun of CIS
CMR would have done if the refs came back saying Langham was done at the 1 inch line? Does he kick the field goal or line up and go for it?

Advertisement
Kick on first? No. There's still time to get it in.

With 6 seconds left and a timeout. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND we would have done a QB sneak.

Advertisement
You would have kicked it because it would have been 3rd down with the ball on the 16 yard line because of the penalty. Plus, if it was down on the one we would have had to burn the final TO to preserve the 6 seconds.

Advertisement
Rosier said they already had a play in mind, in case the call was overturned. Still had a timeout so they definitely would have tried to win it.

CMR would have done if the refs came back saying Langham was done at the 1 inch line? Does he kick the field goal or line up and go for it?

We got a 15 yard celebration penalty, so we would have had the ball on the 16 yard line....NOT the goal line.

We're very lucky the call went our way.

You guys are forgetting about the 15 penalty. Would’ve been first down at the 15 yard line

Exactly.

And we need to stop committing stupid penalties such as that... and taking our helmets off after turnovers, and **** like that. Those 15 yarders suck.

Advertisement
You would have kicked it because it would have been 3rd down with the ball on the 16 yard line because of the penalty. Plus, if it was down on the one we would have had to burn the final TO to preserve the 6 seconds.

Wouldn't it have been first and 15? Langham would have had a first down, but the penalty after the play would have moved us back. Still would have had to kick though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait a minute... I'm not being a smart *** I'm generally asking...

If the TD was overturned and his knee was ruled down at the 1, would the 15yd excessive celebration penalty still count?

So, it would be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike excessive celebration for a TD that didn't actually happen?

If the TD was overturned and his knee was ruled down at the 1, would the 15yd excessive celebration penalty still count?

So, it would be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike excessive celebration for a TD that didn't actually happen?

Yup. It seems idiotic, but wiping out the TD doesn't wipe out the celebration penalty that goes with it. The guys still took their helmets off on the field and celebrated too much for the tightwad refs.

I will never understand the rules for when excessive celebration penalties occur. Why can't kids be happy when they make a huge play?

Advertisement

Yup. It seems idiotic, but wiping out the TD doesn't wipe out the celebration penalty that goes with it. The guys still took their helmets off on the field and celebrated too much for the tightwad refs.

I will never understand the rules for when excessive celebration penalties occur. Why can't kids be happy when they make a huge play?

They absolutely can be, they just have to follow a few common sense rules.

Celebrations must be carried out in a controlled, respectful manner that doesn't impinge on anyone else's feelings or imply that any player(s) and/or team(s) is/are better than any others. Also, the celebration shouldn't be too loud, and must under no circumstances involve any player's feet leaving the ground. Additionally, players must remain in the designated celebration area, out of view of any spectators or cameras. Violation of any of these rules shall result in a 39 yd penalty and the automatic ejection of the offending player's team's starting offensive line.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know that.

After some research. A similar thing happened to the steeler vs bengals in the playoffs. Excessive celebration called after TD but TD overturned penalty stands. Stupid Rule.
[video=youtube;r-56xqmRPvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-56xqmRPvM[/video]

Advertisement
Back