What do you think

Advertisement
Wait a minute... I'm not being a smart *** I'm generally asking...

If the TD was overturned and his knee was ruled down at the 1, would the 15yd excessive celebration penalty still count?

So, it would be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike excessive celebration for a TD that didn't actually happen?

Yup. It seems idiotic, but wiping out the TD doesn't wipe out the celebration penalty that goes with it. The guys still took their helmets off on the field and celebrated too much for the tightwad refs.

I will never understand the rules for when excessive celebration penalties occur. Why can't kids be happy when they make a huge play?
Thanks, I honestly didn't know that.

If the TD didn't happen than the celebration didn't happen. What's so hard to understand about that? The refs can whine all they want, but they can't flag an imaginary celebration. Simple as that.

After some research. A similar thing happened to the steeler vs bengals in the playoffs. Excessive celebration called after TD but TD overturned penalty stands. Stupid Rule.
[video=youtube;r-56xqmRPvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-56xqmRPvM[/video]

That's because refs hate the chicken dance as does much of America. I don't know, there's just something about that dance. What was that dance that Randall Hill used to do...it came from that television show. I can't remember the name of it.

If the TD was overturned and his knee was ruled down at the 1, would the 15yd excessive celebration penalty still count?

So, it would be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike excessive celebration for a TD that didn't actually happen?

Yup. It seems idiotic, but wiping out the TD doesn't wipe out the celebration penalty that goes with it. The guys still took their helmets off on the field and celebrated too much for the tightwad refs.

I will never understand the rules for when excessive celebration penalties occur. Why can't kids be happy when they make a huge play?

If the TD didn't happen than the celebration didn't happen. What's so hard to understand about that? The refs can whine all they want, but they can't flag an imaginary celebration. Simple as that.

Except that the flag still stands. We can argue about whether it's logical or not, but it's a fact. Richt himself confirmed it in his postgame comments.

Except that the flag still stands. We can argue about whether it's logical or not, but it's a fact. Richt himself confirmed it in his postgame comments.

No, you don't get it, dude. It's all imaginary. It's in the refs' minds. It never really happened. So, the flag is imaginary. It didn't really exist.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back