What do you think Miami’s record would be with this schedule?

Advertisement
Better question is what kind of players could Miami recruit if we joined the SEC?

Been saying we should join that conference for years. Gino Torretta been saying the same, so I'm in good company.

Iron sharpens iron. And **** I hate the ACC.... from the refs, to the bull**** basketball teams we play. We're in the Southeast, we should be in the Southeastern Conference.

Better question is what kind of players could Miami recruit if we joined the SEC?

Been saying we should join that conference for years. Gino Torretta been saying the same, so I'm in good company.

Iron sharpens iron. And **** I hate the ACC.... from the refs, to the bull**** basketball teams we play. We're in the Southeast, we should be in the Southeastern Conference.

UF would never allow us to join and we dont fit the culture. uF barely does

UF would never allow us to join and we dont fit the culture. uF barely does

Well what culture do we fit? Not the ACC, that's for **** sure.

And **** UF. They don't run that ******* conference, Alabama does.

And by the way, just because you heard a line 10 years ago that we can never join the SEC because of Florida doesn't make it true. Any number of backroom deals could make it possible. We bring money... in the form of TV ratings, attention, and a large number of eyeballs.

"Money Talks" is more than just a **** site. It's a philosophy to live by.

Advertisement
Tenn sucks not ranked anymore, neither is Auburn.
Only hard game I see is Georgia and with that QB we beat them.
Easy schedule, ACC is harder.

Opponent
Tennessee Football Schedule16 Tennessee VolunteersWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Florida Football Scheduleat 3 Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL
Vanderbilt Football Scheduleat Vanderbilt CommodoresVanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN
Auburn Football Schedule14 Auburn TigersWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
LSU Football Scheduleat LSU TigersTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
OFF
Texas A&M Football Schedule8 Texas A&M AggiesWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Ole Miss Football Scheduleat Ole Miss RebelsVaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
Missouri Football ScheduleMissouri TigersWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Georgia Football Schedule5 Georgia BulldogsWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Kentucky Wildcats Football Scheduleat Kentucky Wildcats
6-4

I don’t think the SEC is interested in adding us, and Miami-Dade County (despite geographically being the Southeasternmost county in the United States) is culturally only marginally more Southeastern than Seattle, Washington.

Last edited:
Well what culture do we fit? Not the ACC, that's for **** sure.

And **** UF. They don't run that ******* conference, Alabama does.

And by the way, just because you heard a line 10 years ago that we can never join the SEC because of Florida doesn't make it true. Any number of backroom deals could make it possible. We bring money... in the form of TV ratings, attention, and a large number of eyeballs.

"Money Talks" is more than just a **** site. It's a philosophy to live by.

Absolutely UF would do everything in its power not to let us join. If you don’t get that, I don’t know what to tell you.

OP, this is a retarded and trollish thread.

If Miami were in the SEC, with SEC money bags, and SEC booster support, we’d be in the mix every year.

Advertisement
I don’t think the SEC is interested in adding us, and Miami-Dade County (despite geographically being the Southeasternmost county in the United States) is culturally only marginally more Southeastern than Seattle, Washington,

I'm pretty sure they offered us membership in the 90's.

Absolutely UF would do everything in its power not to let us join. If you don’t get that, I don’t know what to tell you.

What makes you so sure? That's the conventional wisdom around here, backed up by zero facts and evidence.

Always question the dogma, it's good for you.

FSU didn't keep us from joining the ACC, did they? So what, aside from the fact that you've heard it parroted around here, makes you so sure that UF could or would block the SEC from adding Miami, given the fact that they've tried adding us before?

Advertisement

OP, this is a retarded and trollish thread.

If Miami were in the SEC, with SEC money bags, and SEC booster support, we’d be in the mix every year.

Maybe we’d start using SEC money bags if we joined the SEC. But I don’t see how we’d start getting SEC booster support.

In 1990, we were offered SEC membership.

That was after they invited Arkansas and needed a 12th team. I’ve seen nothing to indicate the SEC is currently interested in expanding to 16.

In 1990, we were offered SEC membership.

Was about to post that. We turned them down. I’d love to be in the SEC but us being a small private school and our mostly out of state (Northeast US) student body isn’t a fit. And our alumni base is nothing like the SEC schools.

Advertisement
Was about to post that. We turned them down. I’d love to be in the SEC but us being a small private school and our mostly out of state (Northeast US) student body isn’t a fit. And our alumni base is nothing like the SEC schools.

You know your Canes history.

I'll ask the same thing I asked the other guy, what conference ARE we a good fit for?

By the way, President Foote made the exact same argument you're making. That's why we didn't join the SEC. So you're in the esteemed company of Edward Thaddeus Foote on that one.

Advertisement
Back