What do you think is Stephen Morris's ceiling?

Playcalling got an "F" this year, IMO, no matter 5the excuses.

I thouight the short yardage 3rd and 4th plays under Fester were awful. Then Radio and Nix came along and got worse. Coley's short yardage playcalling topped those two worthies,. How him and Kehoe still have jobs defies logic.

Advertisement
Kaaaya better be ready as a true frosh. We have NO chance to win at all with a QB that couldn't beat out Morris, so Olsen and Williams are fin, and if Golden tries to broker another year with the "Wait till we have a QB! Wait till Kaaya in 2015!", then **** him!

I don't understand why people write Olsen off because he was a true freshman who sat on the bench and learned our new OC's playbook.

Kaaaya better be ready as a true frosh. We have NO chance to win at all with a QB that couldn't beat out Morris, so Olsen and Williams are fin, and if Golden tries to broker another year with the "Wait till we have a QB! Wait till Kaaya in 2015!", then **** him!

I don't understand why people write Olsen off because he was a true freshman who sat on the bench and learned our new OC's playbook.

Probably just because all the reports coming out say that Olsen is miles behind Williams. Couple that with getting sent home from the bowl game and all the hype surrounding Kaaya, it looks bleak that he'll make a real impact here. But I don't know why everyone thinks Olsen possibly improving is never going to happen. I would love to see him develop and prosper.

Probably just because all the reports coming out say that Olsen is miles behind Williams. Couple that with getting sent home from the bowl game and all the hype surrounding Kaaya, it looks bleak that he'll make a real impact here. But I don't know why everyone thinks Olsen possibly improving is never going to happen. I would love to see him develop and prosper.

I only saw the one report that he didn't show up and practice hard everyday. As for the off field stuff I could care less if our QB likes to party and bang his GF. I live in Tally and can tell you Jameis parties A LOT. What they do off the field doesn't concern me.

I only saw the one report that he didn't show up and practice hard everyday. As for the off field stuff I could care less if our QB likes to party and bang his GF. I live in Tally and can tell you Jameis parties A LOT. What they do off the field doesn't concern me.

I agree, but unfortunately, it concerns the coaching staff that he likes to party and apparently partake in illegal substances. A different coach would run it out of him. Their solution is to cut his reps and send him home from the watching the bowl game.

Advertisement
worst throw of the year, at any level, was when he threw the interception off Henderson's helmet on a screen pass against UNC.

because there is prob no other program in the nation that would have sat him in favor of Morris. If he just couldnt beat him out then we really have a problem

because there is prob no other program in the nation that would have sat him in favor of Morris. If he just couldnt beat him out then we really have a problem

Reminds me of Kyle not being able to beat out Berlin...kinda knew he sucked at that point.

Advertisement
In hindsight, one of us was proven right and one of us wrong. I will leave it up to the posters who was correct.

I was wrong about Morris's decision-making. It was good as a junior, bad as a senior. I underestimated the Fisch effect and overestimated Morris's personal development.

Very curious to see if he develops at the next level or falls by the wayside.

Fisch turned out to be really under valued.

dorsey didn't play until kenny kelly was injured. winston didn't beat out ej manuel. manziel didn't beat out tannehill. there is a lot of growth after a kid's freshman year. and before the "they were first round picks" argument, tannehill played very similarly to morris (his completion percentage was actually worse at 51%) and was picked purely on upside, and manuel had no business of going in the first round until the retarded bills got an itchy trigger finger.

Last edited:
582.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
troy smith.

he might get one chance to start, and could be out of the league after his first contract.

Lol
I think at best a 3rd rounder. The amount of balls that should be picked off is a ton. He does not have good vision or decision making. Accuracy can get better with practice but decision making rarely does. It's something you are born with.

Completely disagree with this.

Morris's decision-making is very good, as several scouts and Coach Golden have pointed out. His interception rate last year was the lowest since Dorsey in 2000. He rarely throws into double coverage. He also did a phenomenal job running the no-huddle last year-- very few procedure penalties and often caught the defense out of position. Coach Golden recently spoke to WQAM about how Morris understands offensive concepts and said he will impress people at the combine with his IQ.

The issues with Morris are physical-- accuracy and touch. You are born with it to an extent, but then again Morris's accuracy isn't completely broken. I think it can improve as he becomes more settled and consistent with his footwork and fundamentals. That will also improve his redzone performance. He doesn't anticipate throws very well, either, but that is common for a quarterback with Morris's arm strength. Plenty of NFL quarterbacks had that same knock coming out.

Morris has ton going for him: sublime arm strength, toughness and character, athleticism (for a pocket passer), grip strength, whip-like delivery, familiarity with pro concepts. Expect the buzz about him to pick up around the time of the Manning Passing Academy in July.

If I'm projecting, he could go anywhere from first to fourth depending on the quality of his senior year. I'd compare him to a cross between Matthew Stafford and Jake Locker. The safe money is late second round.

Advertisement
Back