What do you do?

Tay28

Recruit
Drunk guy hypothetical:

Your son is the #2 rated QB in all of high school football and has his choice to go to any university in the country except Miami because they have already picked up the #1 rated QB in the country.

Your son says dad/mom where should I go to college ? Where would be the best place to go to be a GOD in college football?

What’s your answer? Why?

Advertisement
I would take a hard look at the O line. LSU, Clem, OSU, Bama, UGA.

Drunk guy hypothetical:

Your son is the #2 rated QB in all of high school football and has his choice to go to any university in the country except Miami because they have already picked up the #1 rated QB in the country.

Your son says dad/mom where should I go to college ? Where would be the best place to go to be a GOD in college football?

What’s your answer? Why?
Oklahoma, proven track record of consistent, elite QB development and they compete for championships. I’d say Clemson and Ohio State would round out my top 3 for a QB.

Advertisement
If my son is a top tier QB & I want him to go the NFL as a top 5 pick? He’s going to OU or Clemson. Riley is creating a QB factory. While Dabo, between T Boyd, D Watson, and now T Lawrence, is creating his own QB factory w/in the last 8 yrs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know where I wouldn’t send him...

48E64522-052D-48E3-9C80-C46C09FDDEA6.jpeg

Advertisement
FIU. So I can still make it over to the Rock for the Canes game that night

The question is inherently problematic because you're using the issue of position depth at Miami but assuming it's not equally applied everywhere else. The same concern would logically hold true for any program. But to play the game...

If you want him to ridiculously positioned for success in life, choose Princeton or Stanford. I'm sure plenty would say "why not Harvard, Yale, etc?" but in my experience the latters tend to admit plenty of people who just have the money and/or legacy to get in. I've met stupid people from Harvard and Yale.

If you want him to be the king of the world in college and CAN'T send him to Miami, it honestly doesn't matter between about 20 schools ranging from Tennessee to Georgia to USC to Arizona, etc. Send him to a big school with a huge football program, in the south (or west) with smoking hot coeds. USC is kind of the natural choice there.

Advertisement
I'd want to keep him in the South. Georgia, Texas, possible even USC (California).

I would hope he would concentrate on his education and football. Because even if you're the #2 ranked QB in the country, there is no guarantee that you're playing on Sundays. If he went to USC and came back talking about how Karl Marx was a genius; we're probably going to have a long serious talk. xD

It would be his choice though. It's his body, and it's his future. And to be honest, I'd still try to have him go MIami and redshirt. Because I truly would have the best of both worlds; watching my favorite team on Saturdays with my favorite person in the world leading them on to the field. :)

Advertisement
Back