What do we have to do to keep guys?

Walsh5

Recruit
I don't think any other school has been hit as hard as we have over the years by this epidemic of guys leaving early to be mid-round/late-round picks. The only one who it really worked out for is Olivier Vernon. Guys at LSU leave early a lot but they end up being 1st round picks. We all know what happened with all the guys from the 2008 class... Streeter, Forston, etc. Even Jon Allen from Bama stayed when he could've been a top pick last year.

Which brings me Brad, it just doesn't make sense for the guy to leave... we're returning a freshman All American receiver, 4 out of 5 O-line starters and the starting running back, he gets FSU at home next year and he doesn't need the money. We could be primed for a decent run next year with him coming back. I can't think of many better situations for a starting QB to come back to.

And the idea of a "weak" draft class is completely overstated in his case. There are about 5 QB's rated ahead of him. And what makes next year's draft class better? Rosen from UCLA? He had a horrible year.

Guys like Matt Leinhart and Andrew Luck stayed for their senior seasons AFTER they were pegged as #1 overall picks. QB's don't have to worry about the injury thing like a RB does. No way Brad's a first rounder.

Kaaya's not perfect but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a true freshman to step in and win us as the same number of games next year as Brad would have. We're not Bama.

I just don't get why this seemingly only happens to us.

Advertisement
Instead of brad's press release, Richt should've done the Pete Carroll/Mark Sanchez style news conference

There have been plenty of great freshman quarterbacks recently.

We know what we had in Kaaya.

4-5 losses a year including FSU.

It's time to give someone else a shot.

Advertisement
I don't think any other school has been hit as hard as we have over the years by this epidemic of guys leaving early to be mid-round/late-round picks. The only one who it really worked out for is Olivier Vernon. Guys at LSU leave early a lot but they end up being 1st round picks. We all know what happened with all the guys from the 2008 class... Streeter, Forston, etc. Even Jon Allen from Bama stayed when he could've been a top pick last year.

Which brings me Brad, it just doesn't make sense for the guy to leave... we're returning a freshman All American receiver, 4 out of 5 O-line starters and the starting running back, he gets FSU at home next year and he doesn't need the money. We could be primed for a decent run next year with him coming back. I can't think of many better situations for a starting QB to come back to.

And the idea of a "weak" draft class is completely overstated in his case. There are about 5 QB's rated ahead of him. And what makes next year's draft class better? Rosen from UCLA? He had a horrible year.

Guys like Matt Leinhart and Andrew Luck stayed for their senior seasons AFTER they were pegged as #1 overall picks. QB's don't have to worry about the injury thing like a RB does. No way Brad's a first rounder.

Kaaya's not perfect but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a true freshman to step in and win us as the same number of games next year as Brad would have. We're not Bama.

at home? you an FSU fan?

would think some of it would have to do with their upbringing and where they were raised. inner city Miami is not known for it's wealth so when the opportunity arises they jump for it.

Which brings me Brad, it just doesn't make sense for the guy to leave... we're returning a freshman All American receiver, 4 out of 5 O-line starters and the starting running back, he gets FSU at home (FSU cūnt troll with the Freudian slip)next year and he doesn't need the money. We could be primed for a decent run next year with him coming back. I can't think of many better situations for a starting QB to come back to.

It doesn't just happen to us, you iow-post FSU cūnt troll.

Advertisement
Relax bro I Made a little made a little mistake. If you think that was a troll post when I'm Clearly a frustrated fan, then you need help

Relax bro I Made a little made a little mistake. If you think that was a troll post when I'm Clearly a frustrated fan, then you need help

What was the little mistake you made? Starting an entire thread based on a completely false premise? A premise that anyone with any sense would know was false. Only a troll would start a shīt thread about something that clearly happens all over the country to many P5 teams. GTFOH you phågget.

Leaving early has become an issue for everyone. The NFL is set up where this is always the best decision for the player to leave early. Outside of first round kids the money is ready to be made on their second contract. The message is get to the league as quick as possible. Prove yourself and get paid for real the second time around.

Advertisement
We have to recruit well so that the next man up is as good or better.

Advertisement

coaching change breeds change. plus all schools lose guys who are seen as 1st round guys. even 2nd rounders. yes luck stayed, yes Leinart stayed, and yes even the mannings stayed for sr year but scouting lately the way it goes says leave early as a qb

sr qb's no matter how well they play drop , no idea why but they do while a hot jr or a mitch trubisky 1 yr starter get all the hype, its ridiculous but true, truth is kayaa could come back light world on fire and still be a 2nd or 3rd rounder just from being a sr, its stupid but its part of the cycle now. even luck got ripped apart as a sr even though still went number 1.

all schools lose guys Miami hasn't lost more or less I think what gets me is we lose so many guys early who are mid rounders last few years that to me means they are getting horrible advice.

Advertisement
Back